DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Marcus Radford, a son of a doley migrant, would be better lobbying for removal of low paid migrants and upping work requirement of in work bennies to 40h.

Basic cooking lessons wont go amiss.

As far as the PE blokes go, it appears to be papers putting 2 n 2 together and making millions.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/26/joe-wicks-journey-skint-pt-fitness-mogul-12461716/#:~:text=Now – look at him%3A Joe,his workouts on their channels.

https://www.dailyfeed.co.uk/2019/11/joe-wicks-net-worth/

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/18594721-mr-joseph-trevor-wicks?page=companies

I know I'm going to get slated for this, but Joe Wicks was a hero in my opinion.  He thought he'd be doing a couple of weeks of jolly bouncing around at 9am and the poor fucker was still having to do star jumps in a dinosaur onesie three months later and pretend it wasn't a massive fucking mistake that he couldn't back out of.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I don't know who Joe Wicks is.

Eastenders?

Oh wow, that's such a blast from the past I had never made the connection.  Brilliant.

Joe Wicks is a fictional character from the BBC soap opera EastEnders, played by Paul Nicholls. He appears on screen between 25 March 1996 and 14 November 1997. EastEnders was praised for the character's portrayal of schizophrenia.

54 minutes ago, JFK said:

Heroes. What a fucking shallow society it is, look at his seal clapping crap.

Get banging your pots you fucking peasants with low expectations.  

It's a good job I just switch off from the lamestream legacy media

Somebody actually texted in to the local radio news this morning asking why the woman who started the clapping hadn't got an MBE so I take it that she didn't.

Wicks and Rashford ffs. 

1 hour ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Oh wow, that's such a blast from the past I had never made the connection.  Brilliant.

Joe Wicks is a fictional character from the BBC soap opera EastEnders, played by Paul Nicholls. He appears on screen between 25 March 1996 and 14 November 1997. EastEnders was praised for the character's portrayal of schizophrenia.

Ok. I've succumbed to google. Apparently the real Joe Wickes is a youtuber. How exciting.

35 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Ok. I've succumbed to google. Apparently the real Joe Wickes is a youtuber. How exciting.

Which means that unless you actually watch some of their videos you will never have heard of them.

He's not the first "instant celebrity" that the media has made but he's certainly the most prominent.  He was being talked of as though he was some kind of national treasure like Morecambe and Wise whilst at least 80%, maybe 90%, of the population will have been going ""Who's that then?". 

I've seen some Celebrity Mastermind, and I understand that they are desperate for contestants because people are nervous about going on and "doing a Lammy", but the people they tout as celebrities can be Instagram influencers with maybe 100k followers.  Surely to be a celebrity you actually have to be known by at least 40% of the population.

3 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I know I'm going to get slated for this, but Joe Wicks was a hero in my opinion.  He thought he'd be doing a couple of weeks of jolly bouncing around at 9am and the poor fucker was still having to do star jumps in a dinosaur onesie three months later and pretend it wasn't a massive fucking mistake that he couldn't back out of.

He'd have been more of a hero if he'd made a stand about this clearly being an overreaction. 

Joe Wicks is a total cunt.

Rosie-Jones-Sexy-and-Topless-New-Pics-3.

Remember the propoganda that the history books would show from Nazi germany or Stalin's Russia?

Well this is the same thing.

All the media being told to tell you to worship certain people, while at the same time your freedoms are taken away.

Treat the NHS like Gods and hopefully you won't notice that it's barely functional.

Then turn on the telly and watch the nice brave gay man who is spending hundreds of thousands to stop everyone finding out what he was really up to:

Edited by JoeDavola

Had a rather hot mum, as I recall. She spent most episodes saying 'Joe, Joe, yer need 'elp, please, yer not well, Joe, JOE!'

1 hour ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

He'd have been more of a hero if he'd made a stand about this clearly being an overreaction. 

From my cursory reading of the newspaper articles, the tone they are using suggests the 'crisis' is all over, but at the same time the PM etc is trying to make out it's all ongoing and getting worse by the day.

Boris U-turn on Rashford has to be cautiously handled now, give an inch and you end up having to go the mile. Empowered Rashford no doubt; he is the knight in shining armour and he can keep on inventing campaigns which the Nasty Party have to fold on. That is why its better to face these things down first time around IMO, take the battlescars and move on. Once you've ceded ground you're expected to do so every time. FWIW I massively sympathise with any kid potentially going hungry but there comes a point where some very feckless parents can't be allowed to have a get-out-jail card for their poor lifestyle choices, paid for by everyone else.

11 hours ago, Stuey said:

Anyone else noticed this? 

Compare and contrast nhs heroes narrative with Lockdown Sceptics interview with registered nurse. No covid patients under 70 and they were already dying of something else. Either there was a different strain at the beginning, or there was something dubious about that long Channel 4 interview with the Royal Gwent intensive care doctor at the beginning of covid times where all the covid patients were all healthy people under 50

https://lockdownsceptics.org/2020/10/10/latest-news-exclusive/

How much of the population is still buying this patronising crap presented by boris with his jolly rogue act? Perhaps not as many as those in power are hoping?

4 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Compare and contrast nhs heroes narrative with Lockdown Sceptics interview with registered nurse. No covid patients under 70 and they were already dying of something else. Either there was a different strain at the beginning, or there was something dubious about that long Channel 4 interview with the Royal Gwent intensive care doctor at the beginning of covid times where all the covid patients were all healthy people under 50

https://lockdownsceptics.org/2020/10/10/latest-news-exclusive/

How much of the population is still buying this patronising crap presented by boris with his jolly rogue act? Perhaps not as many as those in power are hoping?

I've noticed a subtle shift over the last couple of weeks. I think most involved in running a small or medium sized business who have to put up with the constantly changing rules and regs are getting quite angry about it. There also seems to be a feeling of 'Boris and the Tories aren't handling it well' which will, one hopes, logically lead on to thoughts of 'but what, exactly, is it that they are they not handling well?'

Hopefully the Covid scare, like Douglas Adams' conception of God, will then vanish in a puff of logic.

Edited by Austin Allegro