DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/10/09/government-urged-pause-new-restrictions-cases-covid-caught-hospital/

Not really a surprise - 18% of patients who tested positive for covid in hospital caught it in there. 

This will account for the increasing hospitalisation covid rates, and also probably the deaths - people go into hospital with something wrong with them, catch covid, die of whatever they originally had (plus a huge dose of the NHS), and pubs get closed down. 

As one of the comments to the article says, the NHS's hygiene procedures are worse than those of the local cafe now - the NHS don't either track who comes in the building (I know, because I wondered in for an outpatient appointment yesterday) or wipe down seats between consultations, coffee shops do.

I bet the legal profession will be better at testing and tracing potential compensation customers, than the NHS is at tracking down covid cases.

The NHS in England faces paying out £4.3bn in legal fees to settle outstanding claims of clinical negligence, the BBC has learned through a Freedom of Information request.

Each year the NHS receives more than 10,000 new claims for compensation.

This figure includes all current unsettled claims and projected estimates of ones in the future.

The Department of Health has pledged to tackle "the unsustainable rise in the cost of clinical negligence".

Estimates published last year put the total cost of outstanding compensation claims at £83bn.

NHS England's total budget in 2018-19 was £129bn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51180944

Clap for that every week? You must be joking.

1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

I don't mean to be picky but that wording is bullshit. The only things I can think of that would make you unable to wear a face covering would definitely not be hidden (e.g. having no ears). 

Well some people can’t go outside has an example even with nothing stoping them.is agripobia has an example bullshit but I know where your comeing from lol

Edited by stokiescum
1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

I don't mean to be picky but that wording is bullshit. The only things I can think of that would make you unable to wear a face covering would definitely not be hidden (e.g. having no ears). 

Someone with only one lung would find it very difficult to breath with a mask on - that's surely a hidden disability?

Anyway, I've just ordered the green daisy badge and lanyard, £6.10 which is a bit of a rip off but most people will recognise this as valid.

You're allowed to claim exemption if wearing a mask causes you distress, and it certainly causes me distress.

I didn't want to do it as it seems like honouring the law in the breach rather than the observance, but I am concerned compulsory mask wearing is going to be more widespread and so would like to get one now rather than wait until exemption badges start being harder to get.

Of course if they want to go full dystopian, they will connect exemption badges with medical records and a QR code for checking, but I don't think we're quite at that stage yet.

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

Someone with only one lung would find it very difficult to breath with a mask on - that's surely a hidden disability?

Anyway, I've just ordered the green daisy badge and lanyard, £6.10 which is a bit of a rip off but most people will recognise this as valid.

You're allowed to claim exemption if wearing a mask causes you distress, and it certainly causes me distress.

I didn't want to do it as it seems like honouring the law in the breach rather than the observance, but I am concerned compulsory mask wearing is going to be more widespread and so would like to get one now rather than wait until exemption badges start being harder to get.

Of course if they want to go full dystopian, they will connect exemption badges with medical records and a QR code for checking, but I don't think we're quite at that stage yet.

Well they would be able to (sure, they might die shortly after. It was specifically the word "able" I was objecting to). I would be quite happy with "It would be very unwise" or "It would be a death sentence" for me to be forced to wear a mask. 

11 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Well they would be able to (sure, they might die shortly after. It was specifically the word "able" I was objecting to). I would be quite happy with "It would be very unwise" or "It would be a death sentence" for me to be forced to wear a mask. 

Ah, I'm with you now. Such accuracy in English  is lost on most people, including myself, and I have a degree in it!

It's like those signs which read 'Thank you for not smoking'. As John Hurt in some film famously said as he lit up a fag in a taxi:

Driver: Hey you, no smoking, can't you see the sign?

Hurt: No, the sign says 'thank you for not smoking'. Since I am smoking, there is no need to thank me'.

5 hours ago, sarahbell said:

ThankYouNHS.jpeg.170ce382304014334b2b211d2d65ea7c.jpeg

(pinched shamelessly from the Covid images thread)

My mate is a Funeral Director with a small family undertakers. Everyone was joking about covid being good for business, but the truth was they had zero business in March / April. Business started coming in again in May and eventually got back to normal levels in the following months.

Going back to the Telegraph article, mother has recently returned from hospital to get her hip done. IIRC there were two coof tests in the week prior to admission and parents had to agree to isolate completely for the week prior, which they dutifully did being BBC indoctrinated boomers (I think the tests were drive throughs). This was a in a large town hospital where there was no more than 9 'cases' in the town and surrounding area during the time she was in hospital. My guess would be that infections are more likely coming from staff (if there really are that many 'cases')

49 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Ah, I'm with you now. Such accuracy in English  is lost on most people, including myself, and I have a degree in it!

It's like those signs which read 'Thank you for not smoking'. As John Hurt in some film famously said as he lit up a fag in a taxi:

Driver: Hey you, no smoking, can't you see the sign?

Hurt: No, the sign says 'thank you for not smoking'. Since I am smoking, there is no need to thank me'.

The one that really irks me is lifts that say "Do not use in case of fire", implying to me that the lift has been made to a shoddy standard and is liable to spontaneously combust at any moment. 

6 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Be a bit career ending if you're a farmer

I know a couple who just use a pole and pay em 35/40k a year to run the whole farm.its like an estate manager on a smaller scale.when u think about it a farm labourer must be 25k so it’s a bargain and tax deductible .was talking to one of the poles and he had his own farm in Poland I’m like why are you here he says his son runs his farm and every year he goes home a buys more land off a neighbour.ps this was about 9 years ago when I was out metal detecting all the time 

Edited by stokiescum
17 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Bandana?

On 10/10/2020 at 18:10, Austin Allegro said:

You can buy these daisy and card things for 99p. They are everywhere online. I'm gonna get one for a mate saying I'm a fat cunt. Feed me.