• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Big business, shitting on the little guy.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

To be honest, most a little business shitting on the low paid employee.

Look at the ratio of foriegn names there. You can assume that all Subway franchuses are asian owned.

Fair doos but the title wouldn't have been quite as good. There is Debenhams and Argos on the list though. 

Very meh, by the time you get less than halfway through it seems like non-story of accounting errors and oversights. Presuming this was the best they could do when they went looking it sort of suggests the vast majority of employers are compliant. Would suspect most of the worst offenders won't be on the radar for HMRC to be able to go an audit.

Just now, SNACR said:

Very meh, by the time you get less than halfway through it seems like non-story of accounting errors and oversights. Presuming this was the best they could do when they went looking it sort of suggests the vast majority of employers are compliant. Would suspect most of the worst offenders won't be on the radar for HMRC to be able to go an audit.

I don't read it like that at all.  I've done my share of hourly paid jobs.  They tell you that your hours are x through y and that's what you get paid for. Then on starting, you find out that meetings, cashing up, getting rid of the last customer, whatever, are not included in your core hours. You essentially end up,doing this for free. In your own time. It's the little things but you always end up on the losing side of the equation. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I don't read it like that at all.  I've done my share of hourly paid jobs.  They tell you that your hours are x through y and that's what you get paid for. Then on starting, you find out that meetings, cashing up, getting rid of the last customer, whatever, are not included in your core hours. You essentially end up,doing this for free. In your own time. It's the little things but you always end up on the losing side of the equation. 

Indifferent to it. We pay an extra 15 mins for shutdown always turning up on surprise visits to find them cashing up and shooing out customers ten minutes before closing. Check CCTV and then one person will be clocking them all out at the right time. Most of these things tend to evolve because people take the piss.

1 minute ago, SNACR said:

Indifferent to it. We pay an extra 15 mins for shutdown always turning up on surprise visits to find them cashing up and shooing out customers ten minutes before closing. Check CCTV and then one person will be clocking them all out at the right time. Most of these things tend to evolve because people take the piss.

You must be a good employer then and have clearly employed people not to be trusted. I've regularly had hourly paid employment where I've been expected to work 15 - 30 mins each shift gratis. And I'm going back some years too 

Well there was a have my cake and eat it piece on fake Britain last night

They were branding genuine high end cameras as fake , but the real problem was they were bought from abroad and the manufactures would not honor the warranty in the UK,these cameras have country specific serial numbers apparently which have been changed 

From what i could make out these were identical cameras to those sold by UK retailers but are sold for a lot less in other parts of the world ..