DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Got a letter today about my self assessment tax debt :

"Dear Sir/Madam

Paying your Self Assessment

Coronavirus (COVID-19) had damaged the UK economy, so we need to collect tax debts to help it recover and fund vital public services. But we know your financial situation may have been affected, so we want to work with you.

Call us now on...."

xD

Edited by Carl Fimble
Sp
4 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Got a letter today about my self assessment tax debt :

"Dear Sir/Madam

Paying your Self Assessment

Coronavirus (COVID-19) had damaged the UK economy, so we need to collect tax debts to help it recover and fund vital public services. But we know your financial situation may have been affected, so we want to work with you.

Call us now on...."

xD

You have a patriotic duty to reduce the tax you pay to the absolute minimum. 

starve the beast. 

3 hours ago, sam1994 said:

I got a letter a few weeks ago. I deferred my March vat payment until March 2021.

Theyve sent me a letter saying if I can pay, I should do so.

Sunak needs some cash..

They are desperate for it as people stopped paying either because they cannot or they deferred  

1 minute ago, ad_ceng said:

They are desperate for it as people stopped paying either because they cannot or they deferred  

I will pay on 30th March 2021 (giving one day for it to clear), as agreed.

As far as I see it, we had a deal. The letter does say I can pay up to 31st. So I don’t anticipate any problems. 

2 minutes ago, sam1994 said:

I will pay on 30th March 2021 (giving one day for it to clear), as agreed.

As far as I see it, we had a deal. The letter does say I can pay up to 31st. So I don’t anticipate any problems. 

Same here, in fact I might not even pay then. I do not see we have legitimate government any more 

They will end up doing a double roll-over and deferring again at this rate.

Then they will have to drive people into bankruptcy.

Good news it will keep HMRC busy chasing defaulters and BTL landlords as a priority rather than continually hounding contract workers.

Edited by Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

They will end up doing a double roll-over and deferring again at this rate.

Then they will have to drive people into bankruptcy.

Good news it will keep HMRC busy chasing defaulters and BTL landlords as a priority rather than continually hounding contract workers.

YEs they are building up a bigger issue for the future, it is like they cannot even think logically 

Apparently the track and trace system has/is going to cost £12bn.  You know, the one that doesn't work?  Apparently the same cost as two warships, or was that aircraft carriers?  Plus questions of who got the money.  Add all the other money thrown around to make some people happy for a little while.  Feck the putrid lot of them.

Edited by Harley
1 minute ago, Harley said:

Apparently the track and trace system has/is going to cost £12bn.  You know, the one that doesn't work?  Apparently the same cost as two warships, or was that aircraft carriers?  Plus questions of who got the money.  Add all the other money thrown around to make some people happy for a little while.  Feck the putrid lot of them.

What is going off now is looting of the treasury. 

8 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

I got an email from them saying SEISS - Self Employed Income Support Scheme is being extended to April 2021. That's an entire year's income (sort of) funded by Sushi's magic money tree.

Would you mind posting an anonymous screenshot, I haven't heard about that

5 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Be interesting to see what happens with council tax (known as 'rates' in NI) over the next 5 years or so.

I'd imagine it'll be seen as an easy way to raise a load of money - take home owners to the cleaners.

Makes sense to add a new COVID element to council tax bills. Pass the tax collecting buck from national income Tax to property tax, then also pass the buck on the pandemic decision making to local councils. What do we bother having politicians as they are all useless cunts. Win win Policy for Westminster. Do fuck all and pass responsibility. 

8 hours ago, Harley said:

The government spunk our taxes like a group of feckless teenagers.

7 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Makes sense to add a new COVID element to council tax bills. Pass the tax collecting buck from national income Tax to property tax, then also pass the buck on the pandemic decision making to local councils. What do we bother having politicians as they are all useless cunts. Win win Policy for Westminster. Do fuck all and pass responsibility. 

Will the requirement to pay it be based on whether you had a positive test result?

13 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Really?

I'll watch out for one.

I paid something last time I think. The bastards. Oh no, wait I paid some VAT recently. You're welcome. 

They were supposed to pay me some vat recently.  We paid our trade debts but didn't work for a bit.

Didn't get a cheque or bank transfer though.  They must be hard up.  Maybe I'll copy Carl's letter back to them.

1 hour ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

They were supposed to pay me some vat recently.  We paid our trade debts but didn't work for a bit.

Didn't get a cheque or bank transfer though.  They must be hard up.  Maybe I'll copy Carl's letter back to them.

It's part of the vat return. They normally pay me. Goes straight into the bank.