DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Gymnastics Bullying

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I cant help thinking the bullying probably got her the medal...

Exactly.

There's an argument to be made that anyone 'world class' in anything had a childhood being forced to work hard -- whether it be academic, physical, sport, art*, whatever.

On a slightly related note, I'm always fascinated by those who achieve great things even though they had an appalling childhood (abuse, violence, etc) -- that sort of stimulus can also have a positive influence (obviously, it doesn't work in the vast majority of cases...)

[* obviously proper art -- not the made up nonsense we have to suffer these days]

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

Media banging on about gymnasts getting bullied.

One Olympic bronze medallist on telly complaining about getting called fat.

I cant help thinking the bullying probably got her the medal...

I'm surprised they can even get a bronze against the torture that the Chinese put their athletes through. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2182127/How-China-trains-children-win-gold--standing-girls-legs-young-boys-hang-bars.html

Ona tangentially related theme, i keep seeing this on the BBC website: I altered my personality to fit in at work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54388703

Guess what love, so do 9/10 people, it's how we get along. See that miserable twat in the corner who nobody gets on with and never got anywhere? That's the person who absolutely refused to compromise on his behaviour in work.

When he meets some clients for the first time there is an "audible gasp" because "I don't fit the stereotype of what a 'David Wallis' looks like", he says.

I would have thought scruffy, bald, whitish looking middle aged blokes would have been pretty commonplace... maybe they normally send 25 year old blonde bimbettes in microaggressive miniskirts to see the clients?

45 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

There is a court case in France between a female pro cyclist and her manager because he asked for her to send regular photos of her in her grundies so he could check she wasn't putting on weight.

Sorry I have no pictures of the young lady in the buff that this might give you an idea of how fat she is

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p720x720/103740823_2672019583122158_4280862837846038790_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=DbOso8UUePMAX8QD333&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&tp=6&oh=fe18113b2b977a4644977870ff2043a8&oe=5FABE068

What a slimy creep, I am impressed though.:D

Id never put my kids up for serious sport activity - sport is meant to be fun.

I balked at the extra training for a swimming team. Would have took the fun out of something they enjoyed.

As far as gymnastics, the whole concept is fucked in the head.

You are geriatric at 20.

All that seems to happen is they get little girls and train them so hard they looked like muscly dwarfs. And that training is all concentrated in a few years.

Its really not healthy. SImilar to putting kids up a chimney and lighting the far.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Id never put my kids up for serious sport activity - sport is meant to be fun.

I balked at the extra training for a swimming team. Would have took the fun out of something they enjoyed.

As far as gymnastics, the whole concept is fucked in the head.

You are geriatric at 20.

All that seems to happen is they get little girls and train them so hard they looked like muscly dwarfs. And that training is all concentrated in a few years.

Its really not healthy. SImilar to putting kids up a chimney and lighting the far.

The problem is that in the modern urban environment absent structured activity teenage boys just occupy themselves entirely with video games and/or low level criminality.

When I was about 10 or 11 I was getting ready to play rugby on a Saturday morning at the local playing fields. I can remember it now - cold, crisp Autumn day. I passed a lad who looked enormous in height and weight compared to myself and who was perhaps a year or two older than me.

He was wearing his rugby kit and was stuffing his face with pasties. At which point some Brian Glover type sports teacher, complete with obligatory Adidas navy tracksuit with the white stripes, walked up to him and did his best impersonation of a drill instructor. He raged at him about eating the pasties just minutes before kick-off calling him a fat blob in front of everyone.

Motivation was different in the 70's.

13 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

There is a court case in France between a female pro cyclist and her manager because he asked for her to send regular photos of her in her grundies so he could check she wasn't putting on weight.

Sorry I have no pictures of the young lady in the buff that this might give you an idea of how fat she is

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p720x720/103740823_2672019583122158_4280862837846038790_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=DbOso8UUePMAX8QD333&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&tp=6&oh=fe18113b2b977a4644977870ff2043a8&oe=5FABE068

Her mistake is wearing bikini bottoms beneath her rubber. Yes, I know it looks sexy later on when the ladies half-strip off the wetsuit to wander around post-swim. But she might be chafing her lady bits in the meantime.

Probably best not to text that though. I too worry about the rubber chafing my bits.

17 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

When I was about 10 or 11 I was getting ready to play rugby on a Saturday morning at the local playing fields. I can remember it now - cold, crisp Autumn day. I passed a lad who looked enormous in height and weight compared to myself and who was perhaps a year or two older than me.

He was wearing his rugby kit and was stuffing his face with pasties. At which point some Brian Glover type sports teacher, complete with obligatory Adidas navy tracksuit with the white stripes, walked up to him and did his best impersonation of a drill instructor. He raged at him about eating the pasties just minutes before kick-off calling him a fat blob in front of everyone.

Motivation was different in the 70's.

All 1970s games teachers were like that.

Most were utter twats.

I remember they used to inspect us to make sure no one was wearing a vest under their rugby or football shirts as they thought kids getting hypothermia in the cold and wet was character forming. Also telling kids in soccer matches they were not trying if they had not got muddy as if being covered in shit was any sign of ball control or passing skills. Complete knobheads and killjoys to a man living out their Bobby Charlton fantasies through the youngsters in their charge. Not one seemed to understand that sport was meant to be fun.

Edited by Virgil Caine
8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

We produced so many in Wales that we exported them around the globe.

Indeed you did as one my games teacher was a welsh rugby playing fanatic who could not get into his head that most ordinary English kids had no interest in the sport. I used to piss him off by booting the ball into touch at every opportunity to stop the game. 

Edited by Virgil Caine
Just now, Panther said:

Don't we fucking know it. Mine was Mr Price, and guess what sport he was really into

I had loads of them. They seemed to either burn out quickly or went on to become English or Religious Studies teachers.

The last one I had was a failed professional rugby player. He was crazy. Implemented a commando style training regime. In the first week or two he managed to eliminate the entire rugby squad through strains, pains and the odd broken limb. He only lasted a year.

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I had loads of them. They seemed to either burn out quickly or went on to become English or Religious Studies teachers.

The last one I had was a failed professional rugby player. He was crazy. Implemented a commando style training regime. In the first week or two he managed to eliminate the entire rugby squad through strains, pains and the odd broken limb. He only lasted a year.

Oddly our only respite was when the Welsh games master was swapped with one from New Zealand on an exchange for a year. We were terrified the replacement was going to be some gargantuan sport crazed  Maori who would be even worse  but he turned out to be quite a nice bloke who was not even that keen on rugby. 

Edited by Virgil Caine
5 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Oddly our only respite was when the Welsh games master was swapped with one from New Zealand on an exchange for a year. We were terrified the replacement was going to be some gargantuan sport crazed  Maori who would be even worse  but he turned out to be quite a nice bloke who was not even that keen on rugby. 

They probably forced him into exile.