DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Brian Rose for Mayor of London

2 hours ago, MvR said:

He's a very dodgy bloke.

Very dodgy sounds a bit unfair..  perhaps something of an egotist judging by that video (and that would certainly tie in with wanting to be mayor of London).

I guess the question is,  if he is standing on a platform of free speech,  how strong is that conviction?  If he becomes mayor,  would he actually pursue that agenda?   If so..  his audience are sort of getting what they paid for,  and he gets a lot of attention which is good for the cause and good for his ego.    

The thing that baffles me is how he managed to raise, what, £3m ?  I’ve never heard of him. 

I guess if free speech is your thing,  it’s still worth voting for him.  If the alternative is Kahn then it’s a no brainier.   Otherwise..  yes,   there is quite a strong whiff of snake oil about him.

Watched one or two of his podcast things.  Really liked his fancy suits and enthusiasm.  Probably used to be a banker junkie or drunk but made some positive changes.

The ones I remember him being quite well known for were the David ickle that I couldn't stomach.... Way too much shouting/ foaming at the mouth on ickle's part.  But even my rose didn't seem to question anything he said.

Other guy I watched was Dan Pena some alpha dude that lived in a castle in Scotland and held courses for going alpha (entry £10k +).  Not sure what he taught but possibly a bit of finding distressed undervalued companies and having the balls to take on a reshape and resell (what private equity does?). Anyway quite liked that Pena fella seemed a proper character.  Clearly onto a good thing selling his courses both a bit snake oil but probably moreso Mr rose.

Right at the start of lockdown I remember Brian rose going out on the tube maskless (posted a picture on YouTube) and saying "bring it on".  Was shot down by his followers largely it seemed but posted similar a few days later.

Kind of makes me wonder whether higher up you go the less serious they take this bullshit.  Similar to my old neighbor who came back from the US in may and was throwing parties etc clearly didn't think much of the pandemic (despite weight and older middle age)... She was concerned about the riots in the US for sure though.  Very much in the one percent bracket thing financially.  

So do some of these slightly more connected people have knowledge or wider perspective on this than the proles like me who read the BBC 🤔

Being an egotist is pretty much part and parcel of being a mayor in London and just about any other major town or city. It has been that way since Zot the First ran for mayor of the Crapple Mound with his fantastical plans to introduce a three foot long path for those new fangled wheel things.

Who can forget this campaign cry: (Translated from the ancient grunt.) "If we don't stop walking soon we are going to wear away the earth!".

6 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

... the Crapple Mound with his fantastical plans to introduce a three foot long path for those new fangled wheel things.

Who can forget this campaign cry: (Translated from the ancient grunt.) "If we don't stop walking soon we are going to wear away the earth!".

Also the maxim (likewise translated from the ancient grunt):

"Wheel good for Barrow"

4 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

I though his Test average of 48.6 against the West Indies in 1980 was a pretty good performance against Holding, Roberts, Marshall and Garner. Shame eye problems wrecked his career. Can’t think why he would want to be Mayor of London.

Eye see what you did there!