Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

s-l640.jpg

Yes that Gordon Brown.

Bizarrely I was given that as a present; they clearly didn't know me very well.

After waiting a few weeks in case they dropped round and wondered where it was it went into the bin unopened.

 

 

You missed a treat there. You should have waited until they asked you if you enjoyed reading it. Then told them that you had burnt it just to see the look on their faces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

 

You missed a treat there. You should have waited until they asked you if you enjoyed reading it. Then told them that you had burnt it just to see the look on their faces.

Why would I do that?  I have friends all over the political spectrum and would like to retain those friendships.

Now obviously I would prefer it if everyone I knew was of a similar mindset to most on this forum but the world is how it is rather than how you would like it to be.

People are worth far more than their political opinions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Why would I do that?  I have friends all over the political spectrum and would like to retain those friendships.

Now obviously I would prefer it if everyone I knew was of a similar mindset to most on this forum but the world is how it is rather than how you would like it to be.

People are worth far more than their political opinions.

 

I was being light hearted. I will try to remember to post a smiley in future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20201014_191110.thumb.jpg.1150f73689a586fe8ca19337ce0a44b5.jpgThis is my current switch off books by the bed.

Thats not as bad as it seems. If stuck reading via the net or here I go to the books to switch off and sleep. No fiction here. I can just read a chapter or more of fact before bed.

Weighted heavily at the moment with River Cottage books.

Mr HFW is not as snotty when read. Plus the smaller hand books are not authored by him so there is a break.

The Cody Lundin book I have read several times over 10 years.

Easy to read. 

Epic drives...just acquired from a friend. A little superficial but fine for a browse.

Edited by The Grey Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm reading lots of Philip K Dick just now. Spookily realistic with all the shite that's going on.

I thought they were great but he was taking vast amounts of drugs when writing those so be aware of the chemical presence.

He said that when leaving his house (in the desert IIRC) to go to his shed to write each day he would literally see hanging in the air a massive version of his grandfather's WWI gas mask.

You don't get that on Lidl's Perlenbacher lager.

Some of the stories are all over the place; there was one about blue stamps and nobody in a house being totally sure who was the police informant; even if it was themself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GBDamo said:

I like Dick although I can't handle too much, it makes my head hurt.

 

49 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I thought they were great but he was taking vast amounts of drugs when writing those so be aware of the chemical presence.

He said that when leaving his house (in the desert IIRC) to go to his shed to write each day he would literally see hanging in the air a massive version of his grandfather's WWI gas mask.

You don't get that on Lidl's Perlenbacher lager.

Some of the stories are all over the place; there was one about blue stamps and nobody in a house being totally sure who was the police informant; even if it was themself.

Yes indeed. But worth it for the regular moments of brilliance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Me grandad's windy-up Sekonda.

It had stopped on the day I took that photo - 'cos some useless cunt forgot to wind it up the night before...

 

XYY

Where's that spoon bending bastard when you need him? Not been on Tele since ...........

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I thought they were great but he was taking vast amounts of drugs when writing those so be aware of the chemical presence.

He said that when leaving his house (in the desert IIRC) to go to his shed to write each day he would literally see hanging in the air a massive version of his grandfather's WWI gas mask.

You don't get that on Lidl's Perlenbacher lager.

Some of the stories are all over the place; there was one about blue stamps and nobody in a house being totally sure who was the police informant; even if it was themself.

A Scanner Darkly.

Seen the movie and read the book, still didn't get WTF was going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...