DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Kosher or scam? Amazon refund.

I bought a new lawnmower in the amazon prime sale yesterday.  70 quid below what I could get it for elsewhere.  It was delivered this afternoon.  Then, just now i have received the following email...

We’re writing about your Amazon.co.uk order which includes the Flymo EasiStore 340R Li Cordless Rotary Lawn Mower - 40 V Battery (20 V x 2 Including Charger), 34 cm Cutting Width, 35 Litre Grass Box, Close Edge Cutting, Rear Roller, Space Saving Storage Features, purchased during Prime Day. 

We wanted to let you know that we've further reduced the price since you placed your order. We will therefore refund £36.5 from your order, within the next 7 working days. 

Seems legitimate but strange and unique  

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I bought a new lawnmower in the amazon prime sale yesterday.  70 quid below what I could get it for elsewhere.  It was delivered this afternoon.  Then, just now i have received the following email...

We’re writing about your Amazon.co.uk order which includes the Flymo EasiStore 340R Li Cordless Rotary Lawn Mower - 40 V Battery (20 V x 2 Including Charger), 34 cm Cutting Width, 35 Litre Grass Box, Close Edge Cutting, Rear Roller, Space Saving Storage Features, purchased during Prime Day. 

We wanted to let you know that we've further reduced the price since you placed your order. We will therefore refund £36.5 from your order, within the next 7 working days. 

Seems like overkill to me.

Mrs Flight manages her bikini line with a razor, but each to their own.

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Seems an extravagant purchase from someone who was crying poverty very recently...

XYY

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Oh no, they have sent you the one with the intermittent fault that everybody else keeps returning. Will the extra discount finally tempt someone to keep it?

Just now, TheBlueCat said:

It’s legitimate. You likely ordered slightly after the price was reduced but got charged the old price due to some cached values. Last thing Amazon wants to be accused of is overcharging people.

Ta. According to the Amazon website, it’s less than a pound cheaper than what I payed.

not going to look a gift horse though. :)