DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's coming, in fact it's here.  I was starving in town last week, so I ducked into Costa. Picked up a sandwich and a packet of crisps, took it to the till 'she says can you scan the track and tr

I can't see it any other way. Get pulled over for speeding: scan your track and trace. Look at a policeman the wrong way, scan your track and trace. Dare to not wear a mask in the supermarket, scan yo

Just wait and see. In a few weeks you'll have police powers to stop anyone on the street and do a 'stop and scan'. I'm not downloading the app. I'll go back to a Nokia 3310 if I have to.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Just wait and see.

In a few weeks you'll have police powers to stop anyone on the street and do a 'stop and scan'.

I'm not downloading the app. I'll go back to a Nokia 3310 if I have to.

I can't see it any other way. Get pulled over for speeding: scan your track and trace. Look at a policeman the wrong way, scan your track and trace. Dare to not wear a mask in the supermarket, scan your track and trace. Suspect you've been to an anti-lockdown demo, check the track and trace database. Attend an anti-lockdown demo - get track and trace to give you a call and put you under 2 week house arrest. 

It's A1 nuts. 

Edited by Roger_Mellie
3 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I can't see it any other way. Get pulled over for speeding: scan your track and trace. Look at a policeman the wrong way, scan your track and trace. Dare to not wear a mask in the supermarket, scan your track and trace. Suspect you've been to an anti-lockdown demo, check the track and trace database. Attend an anti-lockdown demo - get track and trace to give you a call and out you under 2 week house arrest. 

It's A1 nuts. 

Perhaps get us to wear armbands with QR codes on them so that we can easily be scanned...

As it is, if they forced people to be scanned in via the app before entering any shop/cafe/pub I think most of the population would comply.

And if 'stop and scan's happened, you'd get people running over to the cops all excited to get scanned to 'do their bit'.

Edited by JoeDavola
1 minute ago, Roger_Mellie said:

It's coming, in fact it's here. 

I was starving in town last week, so I ducked into Costa. Picked up a sandwich and a packet of crisps, took it to the till 'she says can you scan the track and trace?' 

Nope. 

It only takes a few seconds. 

Nope. I just want a sandwich and a packet of crisps. 

Well you're going to have to scan the app.

Well that's another pretty solid way to further erode the customer base. Well done Costa.

6 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

No T&T, order on the app, friendly staff, good atmosphere. Won't last. 

They don't have to ask you to test and trace app if they collect a means of contacting you when the place fills with virus and they need to tell you.

Their app does that.

Our local club is membership fob entry so they know who has been in.

16 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

They don't have to ask you to test and trace app if they collect a means of contacting you when the place fills with virus and they need to tell you.

Their app does that.

I don't think it does. You have to verify that you've filled in T&T, so I just tick yes and carry on. 

I havent looked at the App T&C in detail but I would guess there's something in there related to privacy. 

29 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Their app does that.

My gym has an app for entry (which I refuse to use). They've told everyone by email to upload a photo of themselves in the app to help with "covid tracking". Try to figure that one out as I fucking can't.

58 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

It's coming, in fact it's here. 

I was starving in town last week, so I ducked into Costa. Picked up a sandwich and a packet of crisps, took it to the till 'she says can you scan the track and trace?' 

Nope. 

It only takes a few seconds. 

Nope. I just want a sandwich and a packet of crisps. 

Well you're going to have to scan the app. 

In that case I'll leave it. Put the stuff down walked out. 

Went to Toby Carvery on Thursday (no sniggering, we love Toby). No T&T request but now, to fit in with table service only they have to carry your plate back to the table. Having them put the food on I could just about cope with, but that's a step too far. So I just said sorry, doesn't work for me and left. Went to Spoons instead. No T&T, order on the app, friendly staff, good atmosphere. Won't last. 

I expect that will rapidly spread so that you cant enter any shop, pub, restaurant etc without scanning in, which will force everyone to have a smartphone. Could be some legal defence mounted against this? Invasion of privacy? How about the older generation who perhaps arent so smart savvy?

My prediction? Even if / when covid disappears, we will never go back to just being able to go somewhere without it being registered. In a few months the whole apparatus will be in place and then afterwards, it will be just to much of a loss to the government to dismantle it all again. Think of all the advantages, shoplifting, leaving without paying, under age drinking, excessive drinking (saving the NHS!!!) (Sorry, Fred, your account shows youve had your 4 pints ration for this evening - dont bother trying the Rose & Crown as its all networked), pub and nightclub fights - proving who was there, I bet you can think of a few of your own.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Perhaps get us to wear armbands with QR codes on them so that we can easily be scanned...

As it is, if they forced people to be scanned in via the app before entering any shop/cafe/pub I think most of the population would comply.

And if 'stop and scan's happened, you'd get people running over to the cops all excited to get scanned to 'do their bit'.

One for @Carl Fimble

1440x810_cmsv2_350b4c66-0649-5473-865d-3

Edited by The Generation Game
1 hour ago, Mirror Mirror said:

I expect that will rapidly spread so that you cant enter any shop, pub, restaurant etc without scanning in, which will force everyone to have a smartphone. Could be some legal defence mounted against this? Invasion of privacy? How about the older generation who perhaps arent so smart savvy?

My prediction? Even if / when covid disappears, we will never go back to just being able to go somewhere without it being registered. In a few months the whole apparatus will be in place and then afterwards, it will be just to much of a loss to the government to dismantle it all again. Think of all the advantages, shoplifting, leaving without paying, under age drinking, excessive drinking (saving the NHS!!!) (Sorry, Fred, your account shows youve had your 4 pints ration for this evening - dont bother trying the Rose & Crown as its all networked), pub and nightclub fights - proving who was there, I bet you can think of a few of your own.

I assume the way this works is that after scanning the QR your smartphone sends the record to their database and logs it.

A spare smartphone with their app but afterit's installed, no sim card and wifi turned off would then work just fine to start with.

If they get wise to that and program the app to start screaming/not work when it can't phone home regularly [having a guess the overpaid incompetents will have neglected to think of that for version 1 even though it took me minutes], a fake T+T app that looks just like theirs but doesn't phone home  would maybe become a moneyspinner.

For the time being, I would reply I don't have a smartphone with me. Often true for me anyway. Would the Costa slave then refuse to sell you a sandwich? At least that forces them to think and make a concious choice to kill their business if that's the outcome. Rebels/protestors refusing to buy will result in the accusation from morons that rebels/protestors killed their business/job.

3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Just wait and see.

In a few weeks you'll have police powers to stop anyone on the street and do a 'stop and scan'.

I'm not downloading the app. I'll go back to a Nokia 3310 if I have to.

Its already on your phone and have been there for months 

Android settings > google settings 

IIRC Apple settings > health  

It`s not activated though :ph34r: i have heard anecdotally of someone that had a phone call asking why they were where they were and they did not even know the app was on the phone never mind activating it 

13 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Why can't you people just not have a smartphone...?

Smash it with a hammer, problem solved...

XYY

I am seriously considering this for two reasons.

Firstly the whole expectation to have one as with Track and Trace and the pushing by Wetherspoons and Lidl of their own Apps (though Lidl was only doing this for a couple of weeks and has now stopped tbf).  Getting out a phone with buttons and waving it stops that conversation dead in its tracks and takes you out of state control to a degree.

Secondly the way the phone, like the internet, tends to pull and hold my attention either with interactive sites like this forum or with moving information - market data, football scores, breaking stories.

When I see anyone head down staring into their phone I wonder if they know how stupid they look; and then realise that that is how stupid I look.

Tesco mobile recently reminded me that I was out of my contract and could have a new phone; it's £7 per month staying with the old one or £7.50 for a new one or a SIM only with much bigger limits; though I so rarely breach these (once!) limits aren't an issue.

This is the only one they have though and as I prefer the "Mars bar" shape phone I might have to go SIM only and buy one if companies are still selling them new rather than fifteen year old reconditioned stock.  

Doro_6620_red_white_left.png?q=90&h=400

24 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Why can't you people just not have a smartphone...?

Smash it with a hammer, problem solved...

XYY

As I mentioned on the other t&t thread, my mobile package consists of a 12 year old non-smart phone with a 23 year old payg sim card in it which I top up every 3-4 months buying a voucher with cash.

25 minutes ago, mattydread said:

I see you have that internet up your way.

Smart nothern cunt, all connected n that!

Yes, I can be traced to the back bedroom on my PC, or on the bog having a shite when I use me tablet.

Big Brother must fucking love watching me. He knows I've had two shits since I got out of bed, very valuable data that he can now sell for big bucks...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

AFAIK there's nothing in law to prevent businesses insisting on a track and trace scan as a condition of entering into a contract of sale with them.

It could be 'rolled out' in days if they wanted. Government would spend millions providing 'Obamaphones' to those that didn't have them, with eager volunteers drafted in to 'help the elderly and vulnerable' to use them.

After that, anyone who did not have one would clearly be a Covidiot or one of those far-right conspirators using 'freedom' as a justification for their own selfishness.