DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Winter 2020 - Survive, Thrive, Divide & Conquer, Devastate then Dominate

Right now I see the biggest window of opportunities in years, I want everything thrown in the air, I want a little anarchy, anger and a fight back in the UK. I have my own business that has done well in the last several years and yes I will be effected, so be it.

Right now I have a comfortable warm bed, plenty of good food and Malt whiskey and will be having several get away trips up to the Lakes and Peak District through winter as I watch this debacle breakdown and the true financial mess the UK is in revealed in I predict the next few months.

I won't be struggling through winter with a "just get through it" mentality, I will be embracing it

Realign. It is a slow burn as there are plenty of lock-ins but reckon commercial property in for a real rout. For many small businesses/retail there was an expectation that a shop front was essential for presence, customer drop in, face to face business, expectations have been shifted both from the business owner and customer perspective. Was talking about this with shop owners this weekend whilst working and at the same time observed the number of deliveries to just a handful of houses, unreal. Anyway they are on a short term rental agreement and the shop is going, everything run forelock up and direct, most of their business was to commercial customers anyway and the shops a bolt on for retail, but that is exceptionally seasonal in their location.

1 hour ago, haroldshand said:

Right now I see the biggest window of opportunities in years, I want everything thrown in the air, I want a little anarchy, anger and a fight back in the UK. I have my own business that has done well in the last several years and yes I will be effected, so be it.

Right now I have a comfortable warm bed, plenty of good food and Malt whiskey and will be having several get away trips up to the Lakes and Peak District through winter as I watch this debacle breakdown and the true financial mess the UK is in revealed in I predict the next few months.

I won't be struggling through winter with a "just get through it" mentality, I will be embracing it

The problem is the collapse that would have reset society and this country for the better in the long run is being managed so the outcome is even worse.

"Survive, Thrive, Divide & Conquer, Devastate then Dominate"

Hmm not bad but when it comes to motivational quotes I'm afraid I have to turn to Conan the Barbarian

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women"

11 hours ago, Funn3r said:

"Survive, Thrive, Divide & Conquer, Devastate then Dominate"

Hmm not bad but when it comes to motivational quotes I'm afraid I have to turn to Conan the Barbarian

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women"

Ferguson's side bit would get it.

17 hours ago, 201p said:

This winter will probably be tough on many in many different ways. Some are going to give up, some are going to keep fighting, with purpose. Without purpose there is no reason to go on.

I wrote this maxim down, STDCDD many years ago as a motivational piece to keep going in hard times. I bring it out again and share to you.

I won't be specific, as you all have your own battles in your own lives. Live to fight another day.

Don't give up, as soon as you do, you lose the opportunity to win in the future.

Untitled.jpg.5fc0f086a67739cb5026e7e149267c7c.jpg

"While there is breath in this body, there is hope"

Just hold the line, stay strong in your thought and have the courage of your own beliefs. I don't normally bomb threads with videos but have listened to this Joe Rogan podcast from a couple of days ago. Murray isn't talking specifically about COVID, but his words encapsulate what it is to be able to think and speak freely as an individual in the madness of crowds. Please give it nine minutes of your time, I promise it is worth it. Starts 1.18:45.

"

I have the satisfaction of knowing that I'm not lying. And for young people watching in particular, this is just one of the most important things, because as I say, somewhere in Madness of Crowds, the problem with being told, the problem with going along with being told to bend the knee, raise the fist, jump through, the hope is that it demoralizes you and it makes you a small person inside you. [01:31:35] You will be demoralized because you'll know that you shouldn't have done that. And at some level, you will think badly of yourself for having done it. You'll feel regretful, you'll feel cowardly, and it will affect your life in other ways. And the opposite is also true. The person who doesn't stand with the mob, the person who doesn't go along with the mob, the person who refuses to walk with the crowd, will feel quietly but significantly better about themselves and I think will be a better person and they will achieve more in their lives, whatever that is, because they will have self-respect. [01:32:13] And that's what these that's what totalitarian movements across history always knew, was that you grind people down and make them agree to lies because you will then be able to make them do anything.

Edited by Straingone
Quote added.