DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

It's the little things that count

And I'm not talking about midgets that are good at arithmetic, I'm talking about the things that make life worth living. To sit on the couch and eat a microwaved and yet still delicious Ginsters Cornish pasty at 3am, with crusty bread and slightly salted butter,.and HP sauce. Sipping Gordon's Mediterranean orange gin. Watching Larry David meets Ricky Gervais on the YouTube. 🍻

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tea. However unwell you feel, however tired, however cold you will always feel better after a cup of tea.

And I'm not talking about midgets that are good at arithmetic, I'm talking about the things that make life worth living. To sit on the couch and eat a microwaved and yet still delicious Ginsters Corni

Contemplating the power of the sea 

Posted Images

Lying in the sunshine on a pebble beach

Any view where you can't see the presence or actions of humans

Watching plants and animals do their thing, for me, it can be anything from a thrift flower blowing in the brreze to an ichneuman wasp digging a burrow or two male sable antelopes fighting, I'll get lost in the moment.

Riding a horse flat out

Hunting and gathering to feed ourselves

Finding a hare dead in the road from just a head impact (i.e. not mushed)

And shagging someone for the first time

Edited by Hopeful
9 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Any view where you can't see the presence or actions of humans

Apart from some distant telegraph poles on the sky line, and the effect of humans on the landscape in terms of field boundaries, the view from my settee is entirely natural. 

Clouds, fields, estuary, sea birds flying up in the early morning and back down in the evening.

I don't tire of it.

Edited by Frank Hovis
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Apart from some telegraph poles, and the effect of humans on the landscape in terms of field boundaries, the view from my settee is entirely natural. 

Clouds, fields, estuary, sea birds flying up in the early morning and back down in the evening.

I don't tire of it.

And the complete deforrestation

Without which you might not have a view xD

Edited by Hopeful
Just now, Hopeful said:

And the complete deforrestation

There are trees / woodland below the fields where the land was too steep to ever reward cultivation.  This will be as much ancient woodland as the scraps that remain upon Dartmoor.

I'm in Cornwall not East Anglia; trees tend to be smaller on the coast as compared to inland but they do exist.

Great thread and a welcome change from the Doom and Gloom. 

I love watching the neighbours Cat. She is welcome in my garden as she doesn't use it as a toilet. 

One moment she can be seen following her well worn circuit around the garden, then an ear will twitch and she darts off like a complete maniac across the garden, before doing a 45 degree turn and fights an imaginary Cat, before resuming her circuit as before. 

Has me in stitches. 

2 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Great thread and a welcome change from the Doom and Gloom. 

I love watching the neighbours Cat. She is welcome in my garden as she doesn't use it as a toilet. 

One moment she can be seen following her well worn circuit around the garden, then an ear will twitch and she darts off like a complete maniac across the garden, before doing a 45 degree turn and fights an imaginary Cat, before resuming her circuit as before. 

Has me in stitches. 

Fucking cat keeps coming in my garden and shitting on my lawn.  

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Fucking cat keeps coming in my garden and shitting on my lawn.  

I will see if I can dig out my teenage plans for the spring loaded wooden board "Cat be Gone" TM device.

The noise they made fucking at night was nothing compared to the sound of their first flight...

47 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Tea.

However unwell you feel, however tired, however cold you will always feel better after a cup of tea.

"Congratulations Mr. Hovis you have passed the Britishness test"