DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

So I have been following Lozza Fox on Twitter, my first foray into social media outside of this kind and gentle place.....

Today he tweeted about the Great Barrington Declaration ( minimal lockdown etc). There was a link to the declaration and on that link there was an opportunity to sign it online. I completed it and received a response that I would receive an email link which would confirm my signature. No such email arrived. Has my email provider (hotmail) disenfranchised me? Have any of you experienced similar?

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

This may help explain.

Why has Google censored the Great Barrington Declaration?

Big Tech now treats any opposition to lockdown as misinformation – even if it’s from eminent scientists.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/10/12/why-has-google-censored-the-great-barrington-declaration/

Censoring what I can read is one, not very good, thing. Preventing me from expressing an opinion is very different and much more sinister in my opinion.

Signed it a couple of weeks ago with gmail account and kept an eye on spam folders and never got a confirmation. Maybe they are being randomly disappeared, YouTube censorship often  seems random so could be a similar process being applied to gmail. Makes me wonder if free email is being censored beyond Great Barrington Declaration.

On 21/10/2020 at 19:44, Chewing Grass said:

This may help explain.

Why has Google censored the Great Barrington Declaration?
Big Tech now treats any opposition to lockdown as misinformation – even if it’s from eminent scientists.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/10/12/why-has-google-censored-the-great-barrington-declaration/

I'm at a house with a TV on. BBC breakfast aired some viewer criticism that the Beeb was overly negative about the governments handling of the coronavirus. They went to Hugh Pym for comment, who said criticism of the government was fair because there are some respected academics who are critical, for example Sunetra Gupta from Oxford has signed the Great Barrington declaration. So Google is busy censoring, and the BBC is promoting it!

40 minutes ago, Nippy said:

I'm at a house with a TV on. BBC breakfast aired some viewer criticism that the Beeb was overly negative about the governments handling of the coronavirus. They went to Hugh Pym for comment, who said criticism of the government was fair because there are some respected academics who are critical, for example Sunetra Gupta from Oxford has signed the Great Barrington declaration. So Google is busy censoring, and the BBC is promoting it!

They showed the clip of labour eejits all recieving their texts from the govt which was disputed by the govt minister later as he'd rung Burnham.

Sky have the video.

BBC felt like pantomime!