DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

US judge rules lockdown is unconstitutional

This could be very big.  I don't know enough about US government/law though. Does this ruling only apply in Pennsylvania, or does it apply to federal law, thus making it much harder to have any kind of intrusive lockdown legisation at a national level?

At any rate, I hope this could be the beginning of a fight back. After all, it was a small district judge in upstate New York, IIRC, who managed to stop Google taking over copyright of every book in existence a few years back.

https://reason.com/2020/09/14/federal-court-rules-pennsylvanias-lockdown-order-unconstitutional/

18 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

But we have the numbers. 

Sorry Carl, but you’ve only got to look at Facebook to see that a good proportion of those numbers are fools, and they are currently on the governments side.

I write ‘currently’, since that could change if the media changes sides and tells them to think differently.

2 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Sorry Carl, but you’ve only got to look at Facebook to see that a good proportion of those numbers are fools, and they are currently on the governments side.

I write ‘currently’, since that could change if the media changes sides and tells them to think differently.

True, but there's never been anything so red pilling as thing Covid nonsense, and we don't need that many people, the great bulk of them will just follow, we maybe need 10-20% of people on board and speaking out. The mongs will just follow, as they do now, but we need them followiyus and not the obvious bullshit put out by governt. 

1 hour ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Agree to an extent. Stupidly read a thread on Facebook about youngsters supposedly enjoying their last night out in Cardiff before Drakeford’s lunacy ramps up again; the vast majority of comments on there of course blamed the youngsters for lockdown - essential in their view - and the continued pandemic (a sickening mixture of fear and virtue-signalling being demonstrated by the sheep).

However, I am having more conversations at work and on my outings where people have a totally different view to this. I think that Facebook only shows the pro-lockdown view of the fearful because the anti-lockdown side either aren’t the sort to really use Facebook or don’t want the hassle of putting their viewpoints down for all to read. Who can really be arsed defending themselves in front of their family and friends against the allegation of granny killer from an obese public sector worker?

Edited by DownwardSpiral
3 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Fair point and when I think of it, I think I agree.

Theres still a lot of Facebook bedwetters though, but on balance, there is definitely hope.

An amazing number of bedwetters. The irony of course is that they trot out the “how would the millennials cope if it came to war - they can’t even stay inside for two weeks and follow social distance guidelines”. They genuinely believe they would be the type to lead us successfully through battle.

Edited by DownwardSpiral
2 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Fair point and when I think of it, I think I agree.

Theres still a lot of Facebook bedwetters though, but on balance, there is definitely hope.

These Bedwetters are afflicted with Canutism in that they seriously think that they can stop the Viral tide by locking everybody up.

They are fucking crackers.

35 minutes ago, DownwardSpiral said:

I think that Facebook only shows the pro-lockdown view of the fearful because the anti-lockdown side either aren’t the sort to really use Facebook or don’t want the hassle of putting their viewpoints down for all to read. Who can really be arsed defending themselves in front of their family and friends against the allegation of granny killer from an obese public sector worker?

Good point.  I deleted my account years ago 

38 minutes ago, DownwardSpiral said:

Agree to an extent. Stupidly read a thread on Facebook about youngsters supposedly enjoying their last night out in Cardiff before Drakeford’s lunacy ramps up again; the vast majority of comments on there of course blamed the youngsters for lockdown - essential in their view - and the continued pandemic (a sickening mixture of fear and virtue-signalling being demonstrated by the sheep).

However, I am having more conversations at work and on my outings where people have a totally different view to this. I think that Facebook only shows the pro-lockdown view of the fearful because the anti-lockdown side either aren’t the sort to really use Facebook or don’t want the hassle of putting their viewpoints down for all to read. Who can really be arsed defending themselves in front of their family and friends against the allegation of granny killer from an obese public sector worker?

Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon, Ebay, Netflix, etc etc are all doing well out of lockdown and people being at home. The more high street businesses go to the wall, the better for Silicon Valley. They have more money than governbankments and together are Big Brother, anything anti-lockdown is a thoughtcrime.

47 minutes ago, DownwardSpiral said:

I think that Facebook only shows the pro-lockdown view of the fearful because the anti-lockdown side either aren’t the sort to really use Facebook or don’t want the hassle of putting their viewpoints down for all to read

Plus Facebook block anything that goes against their "community standards". Even more so with Twitter.

20 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

These Bedwetters are afflicted with Canutism in that they seriously think that they can stop the Viral tide by locking everybody up.

They are fucking crackers.

There's a shocker at my work.

She thinks that whatever she does is exactly the right amount of social interaction.

2 hours ago, DownwardSpiral said:

Good point. Social media, particularly Facebook, is mainly about virtue-signalling, so very few people will use it to express an opinion which goes against the majority. It's exhausting and largely pointless to go against the group-think so most people do not bother.