• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Google is Re-Writing History

Obviously being black does not prevent being an inventor. Being a slave probably does.

It is better to remember history that to try to change it.O.o

Edited by MrPin

10 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Obviously being black does not prevent being an inventor. Being a slave probably does.

It is better to remember history that to try to change it.O.o

That's not history. It's propaganda.

1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

The left haven't won anything, why are they re-writing american history?

Google isn't particularly "left". They are the self proclaimed guardians of all data, and are probably cosy with some of the powers that be.

43 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Looks like only black people can be inventors?

Inventors_Google.thumb.gif.61240d6f6d4f3d64e7e2219678105f1c.gif

Is not American Inventor the name of as US TV reality show ?

No sign of the Wright brothers in the list .......

Or for that matter any Hispanics or Asians

Interesting analysis of the phenomenon here

http://www.unz.com/isteve/great-moments-in-google-american-inventors/

Edited by Flirtygirty

Just now, XswampyX said:

The left haven't won anything, why are they re-writing american history?

Check out the books in your local library, or book shop, and you'll find the old version still there. At least until the book burnings start! :(

They've won the internet (for now). Mostly because of demographics. My dad isn't on twitter or Facebook, but my right on younger family members are. He worked for 45 years and has proper grown up opinions. None of them have ever had proper jobs, and they're mostly paying through the nose to be indoctrinated by loony academics in ex-polytechnics. It's no wonder they don't talk sense, they've no real world frame of reference.

I loved this quote, which was in the article on loony academia in America I linked to in the Campus Postmodernism thread earlier on:

In a 1946 essay in the London Tribune entitled ‚ÄúIn Front of Your Nose,‚ÄĚ George Orwell noted that

‚Äúwe are all capable of believing things which we¬†know¬†to be untrue, and then, when we are finally proved wrong, impudently twisting the facts so as to show that we were right. Intellectually, it is possible to carry on this process for an indefinite time: the only check on it is that sooner or later a false belief bumps up against solid reality, usually on a battlefield.‚ÄĚ

The young have got some hard bumps coming.

48 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Looks like only black people can be inventors?

Inventors_Google.thumb.gif.61240d6f6d4f3d64e7e2219678105f1c.gif

There's a more boring explanation of this:

Imagine that a lot of people are googling "African American Inventors". And google loves to auto-complete and guess what you're looking for before you've even finished typing it. So when you type "American Inventors" it guesses that you're about to add "African" and is ahead of you...

Told you it was a boring explanation.

2 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

I went and tried this, and much as I was initially shocked, I also noticed the phrases coming up in autocomplete and wondered if these were the result of Google being gamed through SEO techniques. This may not necessarily be Google 'changing history'. We could also be being played here...

Reading between the lines I suspect Google's results are skewed by the fact that many of the searches on this topic are done by kids doing school work and their activities are being influenced by the way schools teach children. It should be noted that there is not a single woman listed even though someone like Hedy Lamarr should rate a mention. 

Anyway from what I understand the only thing most Yanks have been inventive about is stealing other peoples ideas and diddling them out of money they should have received from patents.

Edited by Flirtygirty

14 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

Imagine that a lot of people are googling "African American Inventors". And google loves to auto-complete and guess what you're looking for before you've even finished typing it. So when you type "American Inventors" it guesses that you're about to add "African" and is ahead of you...

Your theory would require a large number of people Googling 'African American Inventors' in proportion to simply 'American Inventors', which is hardly plausible at any particular moment. Nor does the search resolve into anything involving 'African'. Without knowing Google's algorithms  we cant be sure Google is somehow being spoofed.

Good to see Einstein and Hedy Lamarr in the pictures of American inventors. Neither was American by birth.

All Einstein invented was a refrigerator AFAIK.

37 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

Absolutely correct.

If you go to google.fr and type in Inventeur Americain you get quite a different set of results with far fewer black faces so clearly something is skewing the English search.

Anyway a lot of things the Yanks claimed to invent they did not.

For example there were quite a few functioning electric light bulbs before Thomas Edison came along including one produced by the Scot James Bowman Lindsay 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bowman_Lindsay

What people like Lindsay lacked was not creative skill but the ruthless ability to make money out of their ideas which is the area in which Americans excelled.

Edited by Flirtygirty

To all - Why have you not already switched to duckduckgo.com?

---

Untitled.png

OK so I used g0gle trends, but I guess 100 people might have got offended when I typed in that search term!

Edited by 201p

This feels a bit like a deliberately designed prole taunt. 

Step 1: Engineer something like showing American inventors as majority black.

Step 2: Troll the normal sensible hardworking population with it 

Step 3: Population grinds teeth and shakes fists

Step 4: Rinse and repeat and troll population again with something similar like all the migrants trying to get in.

I would have thought that active demonetisation was proof in itself of rewriting history - Google is trying to set the narrative around current events by shutting down opinion from one side in particular. 

I suspect the reason these searches appear as they do, is because children search for them. This is the M.O. of the MSM, eg look at the presenters on cbbc. A lesbian mixed race wheelchaired paraplegic.  They know by sneaking it in it'll go below the radar. 

7 hours ago, JFK said:

screw google. I've stopped using that as a browser, firefox for me with duckduckgo as a search engine.

Firefox is compromised. They fired their CEO for not supporting gay marriage. He went off and created Brave browser which is designed to support your privacy out the box. I either use that or Chromium which is open source and I'd assume like Brave has any of the nastiness/spying from Chrome removed.

Don't know enough about how rankings work, but could this be caused by the search for free images that white people feel are required to promote 'diversity', leading actually, to a misrepresentation.