DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Right I have this alarm system the box on the front still flashes like it’s armed which is good has it’s the only one out of dozens in the street that actualy flashes .all the motion sensors turn red when you pass them .but I’ve got no key .its old school they must have pulled the floor boards up to fit it .now I was thinking of trying to locate a key but would a system like this be set off by a cat .thats if I can find a key .i would like cameras on both sides of the house and a decent recording set up .now is it basicly not much more expensive to just get cameras with a new alarm no ideas about modern alarms .or fuck it and just get the camera system .dont forget the fucking cat lol

0E3DF4AE-CBB5-41B3-9B0B-152D62376217.jpeg

A413B6BF-4812-494F-B76E-49A9E24ACD49.jpeg

8A28D6A2-2C4E-4142-8423-71040400F7DF.jpeg

39 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Right I have this alarm system the box on the front still flashes like it’s armed which is good has it’s the only one out of dozens in the street that actualy flashes .all the motion sensors turn red when you pass them .but I’ve got no key .its old school they must have pulled the floor boards up to fit it .now I was thinking of trying to locate a key but would a system like this be set off by a cat .thats if I can find a key .i would like cameras on both sides of the house and a decent recording set up .now is it basicly not much more expensive to just get cameras with a new alarm no ideas about modern alarms .or fuck it and just get the camera system .dont forget the fucking cat lol

B68623E2-A004-4256-B102-9ED347352B33.gif

7 minutes ago, Shamone said:

There’s one thing in life that never fails to amaze, inform, bemuse or even sometimes AROUSE and that’s a new thread by Stokie.

This house is women a kid friendly honest won’t find anything here that glorifys violence and rape or degrades women in any way shape or form 

218FB9A2-6905-435D-B81F-DAF3C1457645.jpeg

AA102EDF-1A56-497B-AEA9-BD033CC2964B.jpeg

909D2C3E-0AEF-4C24-A3E3-F79FCF2377B8.jpeg

26 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I dont know for certain, but friends with motion detectors like those who have cats have to keep them in an unalarmed zone when they switch the ground floor on when they go to bed.

Won’t be setting it if I go bed they would not get in quietly but I thought the cat could be a problem 

We had a similar alarm in our last house. It never worked properly and after a couple of calls from the neighbour to tell us it was going off \(for no apparent reason) we left it turned off. That was some years agao now.

I have today just completed installation of cameras and am very impressed. They are very sopphisticated and good quality. No doubt many features will go unused but quality is excellent. I would go the camera route.

3 hours ago, stokiescum said:

It's a PIR passive infra red, so yes any movement of an object large enough to be detected by the sensors would set it off(which might include a cat). If you have the manual for the sensor you'd probably find the sensors sensitivity can be adjusted by tweaking. The range is limited to probably about 7-8m from the sensor. False alarms could be triggered if the alarm is pointing towards a window that receives sunlight that changes over the course of a day, as its looking for a change in infra red radiation. If its installed correctly its a very good alarm system. You could add video cams at the main entrance points or hall /landing etc, to get footage but generally do you expect anyone to show their faces? 

Wasn't new legislation introduced about ten years ago where you must either lodge spare house keys with the police, or have an alarm with GSM that sequentially dials a list of people who can either visit the house or remotely accept the alarm? This alarm looks too old to do the latter.

To decommission it would be easiest with the key because the control box has an anti-tamper feature that will set the alarm off if you take the panel cover off, and it has auxiliary batteries if you pull the mains fuse. If there is a name and number like LF 396  on the barrel, you can order a key from ebay for a few quid.

You might get a discount on your insurance if you refit a modern alarm, but other than that, I can't think of a good reason to have a working one over an inactive one or a dummy one.

Edited by Nippy
3 hours ago, Nippy said:

If there is a name and number like LF 396  on the barrel, you can order a key from ebay for a few quid.

There was a time - late 80s / early 90s - when almost every new fruit machine or arcade game built in the UK came fitted with an LF 250 on all the doors, including the cash box. I think the full number was LF 92250, but we all called it the "two-fifty key". 

I would be a liar if I said that I never took advantage of that insider knowledge back in the day...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man