DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Wales is fucked

Wight Flight

Just now, Green Devil said:

No. They are trying to reduce hospital admissions, that's all, because as you know the hospitals in Wales are worse than those in England (and they aren't the best 😂

They could have suggested that the population go on a diet.

Now that would have been interesting.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

No. They are trying to reduce hospital admissions, that's all, because as you know the hospitals in Wales are worse than those in England (and they aren't the best 😂

Then that's what's called a "disproportionate response".  And not reduce, if indeed that comes to pass, just delay.  Unless they are off the scale delusional.  I only hope this is wake up call to those left not already calling for an end to the Assembly.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

Fucking hell. At this rate I'll be stealing a motorbike and making a break for England.

Have they put up any barbed wire yet?

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

9 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Fucking hell. At this rate I'll be stealing a motorbike and making a break for England.

"Papierer bitte".

"Ah, fur sie die 'trip is over'"!

Should have dressed as a police goon and marched straight out of the front gate.

Wilkommen zum Stalag Cymru!

Edited by Harley
  • Lol 1

9 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

We can send a rescue party. Start digging the tunnel your side of offa’s dike. 

• Lol 1

So do we expect the Welsh gov’ to come out with a non-essential item list? where a gov’ minister reads an endless list to audience cheers - cuddly toy (generation game).  

edit- or should that be to boos?

Edited by Ash4781b

4 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

So do we expect the Welsh gov’ to come out with a non-essential item list? where a gov’ minister reads an endless list to audience cheers - cuddly toy (generation game).  

This was been discussed on the radio this afternoon. They have not produced a list of essential or nonessential items. 

fucking amateur  hour. 

• Lol 1

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, One percent said:

This was been discussed on the radio this afternoon. They have not produced a list of essential or nonessential items. 

fucking amateur  hour. 

No, extremely professional as being vague means you can't be contradicted and are therefore right.

Politics at its best and simplest.

• Lol 2

I’m actually annoyed at how some of the large companies have managed to wangle out of closing. B & Q have stated they will stay open.

So, did they get a choice unlike the rest of us small business owners. 

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

fucking amateur  hour. 

Pegs are not essential.

• Lol 1

2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Having listened to some of this today, it appears the Welsh powers believe the lockdown can eradicate the virus.

If they are correct, they can't open the border with England again.

If it doesn't, it will be because the lockdown wasn't a) hard enough or b) long enough.

So they will try again, longer and harder.

Whichever way, the people are fucked.

Zugzwang.

Oh, and why haven't they closed Cardiff airport? Is it because the council own it?

What about the London to Swansea train? 

Democorruptcy
54 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

They made an announcement earlier today but it's all academic this non essential rule will be u-turned. I think it never crossed their minds about how it would favour online firms such as Amazon. I've emailed Mark about it xD

What can be sold

The products and services which can be sold (or hired out) in stores are any products which would normally be sold in:

• Food and drink retailers (including off licences)
  • Newsagents
  • Building supplies and hardware stores
  • Pharmacies and chemists
  • Bicycle shops
  • Petrol stations
  • Garages and vehicle hire businesses
  • Post offices, banks, building societies and similar
  • Pet shops
  • Agricultural and aquacultural supplies shops
  • Livestock markets and auctions

Batteries, light bulbs and rubber gloves that would often be sold in other types of shop that are allowed to remain open such as petrol stations and newsagents – they may continue to be sold.

The rules state: "Businesses which would normally sell a range of products in their stores may only sell those items which fall into the categories above.

"This is likely to mean some areas of stores should be closed to customer access. It will be important though for such stores to manage access to different categories of goods in a way that ensures customers and staff can circulate safely within the store.

"Some products may need to remain available to avoid creating unnecessary constraints on a mixed product aisle to the safe circulation of customers."

What can't be sold

They advise that certain sections or aisles of the store must be cordoned off or emptied, and closed to the public.

As the main categories, those parts of a store selling:

• electrical goods
  • telephones
  • clothes
  • toys and games

products for the garden should be closed to the public – and these products should not be sold.

Dedicated sections selling homeware products should also be closed.

Homeware includes utensils, crockery, furniture, bedding and decorative objectives for the home.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/what-essential-item-full-list-19158502

• Agree 1

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

Well wouldn't you try reduce your hospital admissions, if most of your recent covid cases and deaths had come from infections that were caused inside your hospitals?

Another 10 deaths linked to Covid-19 outbreaks in Cwm Taf Morgannwg health board hospitals have been reported.

There have been now been 57 deaths and 284 cases.

Five more deaths at Royal Glamorgan, Llantrisant, four at Princess of Wales, Bridgend and one at Prince Charles hospital, Merthyr have been reported.

It comes as official figures show Rhondda Cynon Taf (RCT) is the second highest in England and Wales next to Liverpool for hospital deaths.

There were 37 deaths registered involving Covid-19 in Wales in the week ending 9 October, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

This is an increase on the 25 deaths the week before.

There were 23 deaths registered in Cwm Taf Morgannwg.

There have now been 43 deaths from Covid-19 infections caught in hospital at the Royal Glamorgan, eight at the Princess of Wales and six at Prince Charles.

There are also 44 cases at Ysbyty Cwm Rhondda and Maesteg hospitals, but no deaths reported.

Meanwhile, Swansea Bay health board has confirmed another 31 Covid cases in outbreaks in its hospitals.

It said 39 patients and 28 members of staff have now tested positive at Morriston Hospital, with infection in cardiac services, but now with "similar but unconnected" outbreaks on a small number of other wards.

And a "small number" of patients are being treated in isolation after testing positive for Covid-19 at Bronglais Hospital, Aberystwyth.

Head of nursing Dawn Jones said: "We would like to reassure patients and the family members of any patients at Bronglais Hospital that we have contained the small number of cases and are caring for all patients appropriately."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54613524

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

They made an announcement earlier today but it's all academic this non essential rule will be u-turned. I think it never crossed their minds about how it would favour online firms such as Amazon. I've emailed Mark about it xD

I would imagine that not many things have actually crossed their minds.  

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Miyagi said:

As you all may or may not be aware I'm a trading standards officer here in Wales and I have been enforcing the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (Wales) Regulations since March. I can categorically state that Drakeford's edict on the banning for sale of so-called essential items in supermarkets has no basis in law. It is going to create big problems for us on the ground over the next few weeks and we are all properly pissed off with him.

If I am asked by any retailers in the next few weeks I will be informing them that as they are permitted to open they can sell what they like when they like other than alcohol after 22:00hrs.  

Well knock me down with a feather. I thought you were some exotic eastern mystic.  Disappointed   o.O

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
6 minutes ago, Mr Miyagi said:

As you all may or may not be aware I'm a trading standards officer here in Wales and I have been enforcing the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (Wales) Regulations since March. I can categorically state that Drakeford's edict on the banning for sale of so-called essential items in supermarkets has no basis in law. It is going to create big problems for us on the ground over the next few weeks and we are all properly pissed off with him.

If I am asked by any retailers in the next few weeks I will be informing them that as they are permitted to open they can sell what they like when they like other than alcohol after 22:00hrs.  

Surely this will be u-turned very quickly? Drakeford said it was so small firms who had to close weren't at a disadvantage to big firms but he must not have considered online. If such as Asda cut hours for workers because they can sell less stuff, he is costing Welsh people income and lining the pockets of Amazon.

• Agree 7

15 minutes ago, Mr Miyagi said:

Students can't buy pens and paper :Geek:.  I can see one major reason for what they have done - small shops that were forced to close would rightly call foul of supermarkets being able t sell goods they were not allowed to buy it is a gift to mega corps like Amazon who pay almost zero direct tax and ship all their profits abroad - that part really is a disgrace. 

• Agree 5

Long time lurking
3 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

but he must not have considered online

The mans a grade one prick and that is coming from people that have known him since childhood 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Democorruptcy
9 minutes ago, One percent said:

I would imagine that not many things have actually crossed their minds.  

This is another one they haven't thought through. They have insisted all holiday places close for the firebreak. This is sending people from a low risk area to a high risk area but then when they come back, they could be infected! A lot of caravan parks and holiday places close at the end of October but not all.

A high-risk husband and wife, who were shielding at a North Wales caravan park, fear they have been “sent back home to die”.

Susan and Ken Dinn have been shielding at their caravan in Caernarfon, Gwynedd since July.

Ken suffers from chronic asthma, while Susan is registered disabled due to joint problems, so they were keen to avoid their home in Knowsley - which recently had the highest coronavirus rates in the whole of England.

But when the 17-day firebreak lockdown came into force yesterday (October 23), the holiday park was forced to close, and the couple were sent back home.

The Dinns are now back on Merseyside, but they said they feel as though they have been placed in more danger by the Welsh government's rules.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, Susan 67 said: “It was safer for us to be in Wales, we were no threat to anyone there, we've been there that long.

"The Covid rates in Knowsley are very high, which is why we were staying out of the way, and didn't want to come back.

"We feel like the government has sent us home to die, it's a possibility, my husband is in the high-risk group."

Susan, a retired nurse of more than 30 years, and Ken were being urged by their three sons not to come back to Knowsley during the summer as coronavirus rates climbed in the borough.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/merseyside-couple-shielding-north-wales-19160758

• Informative 2

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

This is another one they haven't thought through. They have insisted all holiday places close for the firebreak. This is sending people from a low risk area to a high risk area but then when they come back, they could be infected! A lot of caravan parks and holiday places close at the end of October but not all.

They just need to tell people to stay put and anyone who wants to travel, it’s on a case by case basis. 

• Lol 1