DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The grave of the unknown soldier is racist 😳

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8875953/Remains-Unknown-Warrior-likely-white-man-racial-bias.html

The remains of a British soldier in Westminster Abbey's grave of the Unknown Warrior are likely to be those of a white man because of 'racial bias', research has suggested.

The mystery troop's body was brought from France and buried in the church on November 11, 1920. 

The idea is believed to have come from Reverend David Railton, who had been a chaplain on the Western Front.

Some 1.2million people visited the Abbey during the week after the burial, and the site is one of the world's most visited war graves.

Now the National Army Museum has suggested 'unconscious bias' may have influenced selection of the body, believed to be that of a white Brit of low rank.

they are trying to dismantle every aspect of our culture and history 

5 hours ago, Bkkandrew said:

Simple, sacrifice someone of colour a shove them in the same casket to even things up.

I want to claim asylum. 

Do you have papers? A passport?

No. They were all destroyed during the crossing. I don't even know my own name. 

Come this way, please. 

The soldier is unknown.

He or she* might be white, black or whatever.  There might be racial bias, might not -- the soldier is unknown.  Now, the chances are that he'll be white, because that was the predominant colour on the battlefields of Europe, but that's just a probability thing.

The unknown soldier represents every man.  That's the point.  To go searching for 'identity' in these days of identity politics is missing the point.

Well, 'missing the point' is understating it -- IMO to go searching for racial points on this matter is obscene, particularly at this time of year.  

[* it won't be, because women didn't serve on the dangerous bits.  Sexist lot back then]

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is not a uniquely British thing. Many countries have similar monuments. Lots of places also have cenotaphs which are simply empty tombs to remember those soldiers who died with no known burial place. These things can be found in places as far apart as the Ukraine, Hong Kong and Lusaka.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Never realised there was a thread about this already before I posted earlier.

Just beggars belief, the UK was by far predominantly white back at the turn of the 20th century, people from villages would even walk 20 miles just to view their first black face if one turned up.

To be honest I would fuming if the unknown warrior was anything but white.

All this shit, it's never going to end is it?

2 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Just beggars belief, the UK was by far predominantly white back at the turn of the 20th century, people from villages would even walk 20 miles just to view their first black face if one turned up.

:Jumping:

016BC6F0-5751-447C-B1CA-84123214BDAA.jpeg

3 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

It's as insane as stopping people buying socks and duvets.

1 hour ago, dgul said:

The soldier is unknown.

He or she* might be white, black or whatever.  There might be racial bias, might not -- the soldier is unknown.  Now, the chances are that he'll be white, because that was the predominant colour on the battlefields of Europe, but that's just a probability thing.

The unknown soldier represents every man.  That's the point.  To go searching for 'identity' in these days of identity politics is missing the point.

Well, 'missing the point' is understating it -- IMO to go searching for racial points on this matter is obscene, particularly at this time of year.  

[* it won't be, because women didn't serve on the dangerous bits.  Sexist lot back then]

I wonder if they considered a gay man as well because 10% of the fallen would have been gay, bet they didn't homophobic c***s