DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Are you against 'illegal drugs', if so why and why do you drink alcohol?

drugs man drugs  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Drugs yes or no

• Yes to soft drugs only
    • Yes to all drugs
    • Bugger off, I'm very happy with alcohol
    • I follow the teachings of a higher being and abstain from all these bad things
    • Whatever the TV says

My education for today involved learning that Portugal decriminalised ALL drugs in 2001

Portugal still has a way to go, with some people continuing to use drugs in terrible conditions. But, Fonseca says, “what America and other countries can learn from Portugal is to treat people with more dignity.” Portugal has showed that, without spending significant sums, governments can give drug users the tools to put their lives back on track. But to do so, it will have to stop treating them like criminals

source https://time.com/longform/portugal-drug-use-decriminalization/

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drugs and alcohol exist and will be used/ abused whatever happens. Better to legalise and tax them than to leave them to the black market which results in theft, violence, bribery and corruption.

Not against illegal drugs at all. I think people should have the freedom to do what they want, but also to be informed in an unbiased way of the risk. I don't drink, don't smoke, and eat hea

Is the correct answer. I get the feeling some people think decriminalisation means having a heroin shop outside every primary school thus causing the end to society. But it's more about giving ad

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

My education for today involved learning that Portugal decriminalised ALL drugs in 2001

I went to Lisbon for a few days in 2017 and got offered drugs non stop. I mean really every couple of minutes or so. I didn't know about the decriminalisation so assumed it was a tourist scam and didn't buy any. Kicking myself when I found out later. 

Not against illegal drugs at all.

I think people should have the freedom to do what they want, but also to be informed in an unbiased way of the risk.

I don't drink, don't smoke, and eat healthy because this makes me feel better.

I'd actually like to dabble in drugs occasionally but don't have the contacts to get them; well I do know one person but he's a cunt and don't want to go to him.

The average person in the western world eats garbage that makes them sick and drinks frequently leaving them a bloated mess.

I much prefer the idea of clean living punctuated by occasional recreational drug use to get a much more impressive high/trip.

Very few people I know actually have a 'healthy' relationship with alcohol. They either hardly ever drink, or have a drinking problem of the sort that they get completely wrecked when they do drink.

It's comical that the UK as a nation has so many functional alcoholics yet they're not allowed to roll a fucking joint and get stoned.

I don't like heroin because of what heroin users have said about wishing that they had never used it in the first place; Phil Lynott for example.

I don't like cannabis because I have seen people lost to this.  All ambition crushed beyond the desire to sit around and smoke dope.  And boy aren't the heavy users incredibly boring?

I'm aware that many people smoke cannabis in moderation and it does not have this effect.

Whether my not liking something is a sufficient reason to ban it is another question.

I would say that I like that it is illegal but would not want to see punitive sentences for use. 

Heroin can be pretty nasty and people should probably be protected against it.

There are a few modern drugs that are also nasty, but most of these are just criminals exploiting prohibition (eg spice) and wouldn't really exist with decriminalisation.

There should probably be a bit of education about drugs, but not 'absolute abstinence'.  So, less 'oh no, not Zammo!' and more 'when you're on coke you'll have the best time ever, but just be aware that the reality is that when you're on it everyone will think you're a knob'.  

6 minutes ago, Micky Roberts said:

Drugs and alcohol exist and will be used/ abused whatever happens.

I'll add a little to that (based on my opinions changing over the years).

I think that man has evolved in the presence of alcohol, cannabis and psilocybin.  I have a suspicion that a little of each is expected by the brain, at least every now and then.

11 minutes ago, Micky Roberts said:

Drugs and alcohol exist and will be used/ abused whatever happens.

Better to legalise and tax them than to leave them to the black market which results in theft, violence, bribery and corruption.

Is the correct answer.

I get the feeling some people think decriminalisation means having a heroin shop outside every primary school thus causing the end to society. But it's more about giving addicts free (at the point of use), clean, drugs and a gateway to rehabilitation. Proper decriminalisation denies criminals a market whilst ameliorating the worst effects of the drugs themselves. Ultimately a certain proportion of the population will still fuck themselves up because that's the human condition. But why must we fund terrorism, people-trafficking and child abuse networks simply because the thought of heroin use offends us? It's a bizarre moral stance.

What would be really clever of government would be if they dealt with every drug according to its unique risk profile. The current drug classification model is irrational and doesn't help anyone but, presumably, a Judge upon sentencing.

It would be a very easy journey to start but we won't because of the number of prigs in the electorate.

41 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Not against illegal drugs at all.

I think people should have the freedom to do what they want, but also to be informed in an unbiased way of the risk.

I don't drink, don't smoke, and eat healthy because this makes me feel better.

I'd actually like to dabble in drugs occasionally but don't have the contacts to get them; well I do know one person but he's a cunt and don't want to go to him.

The average person in the western world eats garbage that makes them sick and drinks frequently leaving them a bloated mess.

I much prefer the idea of clean living punctuated by occasional recreational drug use to get a much more impressive high/trip.

Very few people I know actually have a 'healthy' relationship with alcohol. They either hardly ever drink, or have a drinking problem of the sort that they get completely wrecked when they do drink.

It's comical that the UK as a nation has so many functional alcoholics yet they're not allowed to roll a fucking joint and get stoned.

I am quite anti drugs myself, even with alcohol in some ways.

But seriously, Psilocybin is now being researched heavily as an aid to treating mental health issues, not patched up but treated properly and with near zero side effects and it's non addictive. Hard to explain what it does to you, but the happiness you feel taking it is brilliant and it dampens ego, but it can also give you a hard time, but not the bad trip people talk a out as it is just telling you something sometimes that you need to know.

Non religious people have also after taken DMT just once become very spiritual

17 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

I was was put on morphine in a field hospital in the Falklands, was one of the most amazing nights of my life :), I forced myself to stay awake all night when I was given it to the annoyance of the nurses, I can see why people get hooked on it.

Thank you for your service (I'm assuming you were there to kick out Argies rather than shag the sheep).

27 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Another great poll thread where the thread title asks the opposite question to the poll. 

Apologies Dr I was rushing it a bit; things to do before I can get on the music again 

As Harold says above, I can understand why some folk get hooked......it's an fascinating 'experiment' ;)

But so is life eh???

It's interesting that we do this 'shit' as young folks, get into the 'rat race', married, kids, whatever, but then you fail to rediscover what's 'on offer'.....

I tasted some completely amazing mixed salad yesterday, a genuine bag of salad! ;)

Then roasted some chestnuts that some hippies gave me, that were truly scrumptious..

And yes them mushrooms.....I remember having a cup of 'mushroom tea' a long long time ago, that was hilarious!

I've just been for a walk and forgot to look for the mushrooms, what a donkey!!

31 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

I am quite anti drugs myself, even with alcohol in some ways.

But seriously, Psilocybin is now being researched heavily as an aid to treating mental health issues, not patched up but treated properly and with near zero side effects and it's non addictive. Hard to explain what it does to you, but the happiness you feel taking it is brilliant and it dampens ego, but it can also give you a hard time, but not the bad trip people talk a out as it is just telling you something sometimes that you need to know.

Non religious people have also after taken DMT just once become very spiritual

"Psilocybin mushrooms have been and continue to be used in indigenous New World cultures in religious, divinatory, or spiritual contexts. Reflecting the meaning of the word entheogen ("the god within"), the mushrooms are revered as powerful spiritual sacraments that provide access to sacred worlds."

I remember a video of a guy who took one of these who had a profound experience of meeting the feminine sacred divine Sophia.

Apparently alcohol does the opposite. Is that why it's permitted whilst drugs that open the gateway to the divine are outlawed.

4 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Psilocybin mushrooms

are those the ones with the little 'nipples' on the top?

Edit: I might avoid them, apparently this guy pulled half his dick off xD

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/25/man-high-magic-mushrooms-tears-off-penis_n_3495829.html

Edited by 5min OCD speculator
8 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

Apologies Dr I was rushing it a bit; things to do before I can get on the music again 

As Harold says above, I can understand why some folk get hooked......it's an fascinating 'experiment' ;)

But so is life eh???

It's interesting that we do this 'shit' as young folks, get into the 'rat race', married, kids, whatever, but then you fail to rediscover what's 'on offer'.....

I tasted some completely amazing mixed salad yesterday, a genuine bag of salad! ;)

Then roasted some chestnuts that some hippies gave me, that were truly scrumptious..

And yes them mushrooms.....I remember having a cup of 'mushroom tea' a long long time ago, that was hilarious!

I've just been for a walk and forgot to look for the mushrooms, what a donkey!!

I had that once. Was laughing like fuck.