DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Do any of you regret working too hard and being totally self sufficient while making sacrifices while lazy scumbags are handed it all on a plate, more so the ones that play the victim card

Just a quick question to everyone.

Is there anyone else on here that has paid their way in life without handouts and who has avoided living on the never never and lived within their means. Is there anyone that has put aside  taking on reckless debt just to impress people with a lifestyle that is delusional and not real who think I will work hard and save and has zero debt and will  wait for their  day when real cash will hold some leverage in this country. Only to find that everytime those people that push out welfare babies or take on mortgages they cannot afford along with huge credit card debts etc use every "I am a victim" excuse they can muster when it gets hard for.

I am not the only one who works hard I am certain and who has a sense of civil and social duty to my community and country, but do you ever think you maybe should have played the system more, and to be honest my bee in the bonnet mainly comes from housing in the UK. I am sure there was a time when you watched people borrowing and trying to tap you up for a few quid because they wanted xyz that day rather than waiting and they always come unstuck at some point and people that worked and saved did OK.

Have the rules changed?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See this is what troubles me, I see the introduction of the welfare state as a wonderful thing, a system that will catch you should you fall on hard times and get you back on your feet. Trouble with o

No. I didn't fund these wasters because I didn't pay any income tax for twenty plus years. I didn't trust the state to play fair if I did "my bit" so I played the system my way and kept the

Not sure I actually regret everything you've outlined, but I certainly resent the fact that as a lowish earning, full time working PAYE contributor who leads a very modest, debt free existence I'm bas

Posted Images

Not sure I actually regret everything you've outlined, but I certainly resent the fact that as a lowish earning, full time working PAYE contributor who leads a very modest, debt free existence I'm basically having the piss thoroughly taken out of me by feckless breeders, the spendthrift debt junkies, the debt pushers etc.

33 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

No. Could give a fuck about them.  I don't work hard  because I think we're all in it together. I work hard and live a good life because my morals tell me too.  I try not to even let them pollute my mind by even paying them thought. 

Well fuck that attitude

It is all very well being all  philosophical and taking a Buddhist approach, but just how far will people who take the piss go if we let them.

If you keep coming into my house uninvited and take my stuff without permission eventually you are going to get a baseball bat around your head

Edited by haroldshand
32 minutes ago, Royston said:

Not sure I actually regret everything you've outlined, but I certainly resent the fact that as a lowish earning, full time working PAYE contributor who leads a very modest, debt free existence I'm basically having the piss thoroughly taken out of me by feckless breeders, the spendthrift debt junkies, the debt pushers etc.

You sound a little bothered :)

28 minutes ago, Royston said:

I know exactly where you are coming from ,but i blame the system rather than the people ,if were in the same position as a lot of them are i would be doing the same IMO you would have to be crazy not to 

The fact that the system is set up  in such a way to allow this to happen in the first place is the real problem 

On the bright side i can remember reading an article IIRC on "Market Ticker " ? the long and the short of it was ,at some point the unproductive will consume far more than the productive produce at this point it falls apart ,this is referring to the USA ,we have an escape from LA/California tread on here ,this really is happening ,the sate have raised taxes so much to pay for the unproductive and their vanity projects the productive are leaving in droves 

At some point it will happen here ,but it will need some fucker to nick the fuse from the printing press first 

47 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Well fuck that attitude

It is all very well being all  philosophical and taking a Buddhist approach, but just how far will people who take the piss go if we let them.

If you keep coming into my house uninvited and take my stuff without permission eventually you are going to get a baseball bat around your head

So what exactly are you doing to stop them.  Apart from sitting there seething, and thinking about these low iq, low self control individuals. Stressing about shit you can't change can't be good for your health, not to mention the waste of time that you could be thinking and doing more fulfilling stuff. 

Sure, if cunts are breaking into your house you have to take action. If they were breaking into mine I would do something, might even start  locking the doors. 

20 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

So what exactly are you doing to stop them.  Apart from sitting there seething, and thinking about these low iq, low self control individuals. Stressing about shit you can't change can't be good for your health, not to mention the waste of time that you could be thinking and doing more fulfilling stuff. 

Sure, if cunts are breaking into your house you have to take action. If they were breaking into mine I would do something, might even start  locking the doors. 

There is a balance.

No you cannot more often than not change widespread behaviour  on your own and even together as politics today show you cannot change much. But you just can't sit back and do nothing while at the same time you have to get some  enjoyment and satisfaction out of your own life, you don't have to be "seething" to want to change things and not let this country turn into a shithole

I would ague that with attitudes such as yours, and I swear I am not taking a dig at you, is why we have such a fucked up UK

17 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

See this is what troubles me, I see the introduction of the welfare state as a wonderful thing, a system that will catch you should you fall on hard times and get you back on your feet. Trouble with our welfare system now is that it has become a lifestyle and people are becoming more self entitled as to what they should get.

It bothers me that such a wonderful concept is going to destroy itself by the majority of people who today use it

It`s in a way designed that way IMO ,especially spygirls favourite WTC 

I have had this argument with people in receipt of WTC very few can see it thought ,the point i made is it`s WTC which  are the cause and the very reason they need them 

The way i see it the government now control the cost/price of labour/wages at the bottom end of the wage scale ,they do this via NMW and WTC 

The people in receipt of WTC and other associated benefits  are getting them because what they earn does not cover their cost of living 

Wages start to rise from the bottom up in general  if you can control that you control a very large slice of the wage scale  and ultimately have the lions share of control when it comes to wage inflation with those two policies add in immigration and you have total control 

But i totally agree that it was as safety net that this country was proud of but it`s morphed into what it is and regrettably it`s now a lifestyle choice ,but it`s that way because governments want it that way i`m pretty sure the vast majority would like to have and hourly rate double what it is now and be free from the governments shackle's  

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

No.

I didn't fund these wasters because I didn't pay any income tax for twenty plus years.

I didn't trust the state to play fair if I did "my bit" so I played the system my way and kept the value of my productivity in my tax free account.

Well I’m going to be geting quite a lot of my tax back and the more ways I can get free shit the better .ive just ordered a birthday cake I’d never pay 60 quid for a cake but I don’t mind if it’s from government coffers .look at this fucking cake from

last year I’m not going to tell you how much that fucker cost 

DBF6FECA-C463-4B98-9B29-A5486992A80C.jpeg

Edited by stokiescum
3 hours ago, Funn3r said:

I've known long term bennies people and doesn't seem to work out for them in the end. I agree it can be aggravating in the short term seeing people apparently getting something better than you. 

I'd suggest you keep this in mind.

Whilst the benefits lifestyle can give a 'comfortable' life in some situations, it's very age and kids dependent. The cliff when it ends could mean a 50yo moving back into a houseshare with nothing.

Also credit cards creep yup on people, I'd much rather be cautious than have £300 a month disappearing to tread water.

22 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Well I’m going to be geting quite a lot of my tax back and the more ways I can get free shit the better .ive just ordered a birthday cake I’d never pay 60 quid for a cake but I don’t mind if it’s from government coffers .look at this fucking cake from

last year I’m not going to tell you how much that fucker cost 

DBF6FECA-C463-4B98-9B29-A5486992A80C.jpeg

£150?

Or have I remembered your post from a year ago wrong?

1 hour ago, haroldshand said:

See this is what troubles me, I see the introduction of the welfare state as a wonderful thing, a system that will catch you should you fall on hard times and get you back on your feet. Trouble with our welfare system now is that it has become a lifestyle and people are becoming more self entitled as to what they should get.

It bothers me that such a wonderful concept is going to destroy itself by the majority of people who today use it

I’m the first to admit I’m going after everything I can get I should have an idea soon of how much that will be.im hopeing it’s only for a couple of years mind if I’m honest 

2 minutes ago, jm51 said:

£150?

Or have I remembered your post from a year ago wrong?

Yep I was like wtf.

2 hours ago, haroldshand said:

Well fuck that attitude

Can you say which number of visits you get the baseball bat out and where do you live?

5 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

The thing is if benefits are massively reduced you'll end up with a society like South America. You'll have a small section of rich people and a massive criminal underclass. I'm not sure I'd like to live in that type of society...

We should start deporting foreigners that are on benefits though....

I don`t think the fix is reducing benefits it`s substantially increasing wages at the bottom to a point where by those people don`t need benefits to survive 

Reducing the single biggest cost of living  (a roof of ones head ) would also reduce the amount wages needed to rise by a fair amount  

7 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I don`t think the fix is reducing benefits it`s substantially increasing wages at the bottom to a point where by those people don`t need benefits to survive 

Reducing the single biggest cost of living  (a roof of ones head ) would also reduce the amount wages needed to rise by a fair amount  

Exactly. They fucked the differentials up. The differential between productive work and no work. The differential between labour and land. No work needs to pay significantly less than productive work or else productivity dies. Labour needs to dominate land or else rentiers rule the roost and productivity dies.

18 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

We should start deporting foreigners that are on benefits though....

Sledgehammer to crack a nut. Even within EU legal framework it's OK to make benefits availability depend on past contributions. Other countries do it. No deportations required as they didn't make contributions so didn't qualify to get benefits anyway. But strangely we don't make that choice do we I wonder why. 

Also don't forget - typically people in receipt of benefits don't use it to buy bitcoin. They buy stuff in the economy paying VAT and other taxes. Benefits are not necessarily money down the sinkhole.