DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Special Forces Incident with tanker in Channel - are the Islamists getting smarter?

I've always thought it's lucky that Islamic terrorists appear to be thick as pigshit(an appropriate expression for them).

Let's face it, a fairly smart person ready to die for a stupid cause could cause absolute mayhem in any number of ways.

Anyway no idea what happened here, might have nothing to do with Islamists at all (I hope it doesn't, as it would suggest they were becoming more inventive), but sending the SBS isn't something that's done every day.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/seven-people-detained-security-incident-195000693.html

Seven people have been detained following a security incident on an oil tanker off the Isle of Wight, Sky News understands.

The Ministry of Defence (MOD) tweeted that according to "initial reports", the crew are safe and well.

Sky News' defence correspondent, Alistair Bunkall, said Special Boat Service (SBS) commandos boarded the vessel and regained control.

Authorisation was given by the defence secretary and the home secretary, the MOD said.

Bunkall added that the operation had been "pretty swift" - what is known in military terms as a "flash to bang".

It was all over in seven minutes, maritime expert Chris Parry told Sky News.

Sky's home affairs correspondent, Mark White, said about 16 SBS personnel boarded the tanker.

Two Royal Navy Merlin medium lift helicopters were involved, along with two Royal Navy Wildcat helicopters.

A Royal Navy frigate, believed to be HMS Richmond, was on standby to assist.

"All crew on board have been accounted for," White added.

The incident lasted for about 10 hours.

The SBS is based in Poole and the operation was in its "back yard", Bunkall said.

Tobias Ellwood, chairman of the Commons Defence Committee, said the incident would have triggered a "multi-agency alarm" leading to "well-rehearsed classified protocols" being put into action.

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace commented: "I commend the hard work of the armed forces and police to protect lives and secure the ship.

"In dark skies, and worsening weather, we should all be grateful for our brave personnel. People are safe tonight thanks to their efforts."

Bob Sanguinetti, chief executive of the UK Chamber of Shipping said: "We understand the vessel has been boarded by security forces and made safe.

"We commend the swift action taken by UK personnel to secure the vessel and most importantly the safety crew."

Hampshire Police said concerns for the welfare of the crew of the Nave Andromeda were reported at 10.04am on Sunday.

The vessel went into an erratic zig-zagging pattern at about 10.45am, tracker images showed.

The vessel was approximately six miles off the coast of Bembridge and had been travelling towards Southampton, police said.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hijackers were 100% successful, they are nicely tucked into a warm bed now , plenty of food and fags if they want them and now just have to dish out a good reason why they did what they did, UK th

This is being talked up in the media as a big win for the UK and a source of pride, no one pushes around, best special forces in the world etc etc. I think the reality is some Nigerian economic m

What fucking idiots hijack a tanker just a couple of miles away from SBS headquarters in Poole!

Posted Images

I’ve played ‘Opfor’ in such a situation. Seizing a ship gives you fuck all options as a hijacker if the crew make it into the panic room successfully. Without the capability to blow helis out of the sky, or at least hose them with 7.62mm sustained fire, you’re on a floating prison...

59 minutes ago, JohnThePessimist said:

I’ve played ‘Opfor’ in such a situation. Seizing a ship gives you fuck all options as a hijacker if the crew make it into the panic room successfully. Without the capability to blow helis out of the sky, or at least hose them with 7.62mm sustained fire, you’re on a floating prison...

Also, what if you run out of petrol!

1 hour ago, JohnThePessimist said:

not if your intention is to blow it up and devastate Portsmouth.

Although it would be hard to tell, frankly whether parts had been already blown up or not.

3 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

Yes but you’re thinking in terms of wanting to get out of the situation alive, these Islamists are not thinking that, they’re thinking only of maximum mayhem. A big tanker set on a direct course for the nearest big British port with it’s tanks open spewing oil everywhere, laden with other ticking bombs and on fire would present a big problem. What could be done? Sink it and fill the Channel with oil?

Cool story that ended well and in my hometown - it just seems Southampton gets a mention again. I am so proud of the British military! It just goes to show something can occur at any time.

There is always something going on around here, training wise, you do see military ribs about, and Chinooks so yes good to know we have bods around with the Naval Base in nearby Portsmouth, and of course the SBS crews at Poole.

4 minutes ago, 201p said:

Cool story that ended well and in my hometown - it just seems Southampton gets a mention again. I am so proud of the British military! It just goes to show something can occur at any time.

There is always something going on around here, training wise, you do see military ribs about, and Chinooks so yes good to know we have bods around with the Naval Base in nearby Portsmouth, and of course the SBS crews at Poole.

i spent many a happy childhood down in poole, messing about with mates on the beach.  before it got posh.

3 hours ago, wherebee said:

i spent many a happy childhood down in poole, messing about with mates on the beach.  before it got posh.

Poole doesnt have a beach.

Closest is some weedy rocks towards Baiter Park.

11950689.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=resp

Poole is a not posh.

The town feels worst than Boro.

The satellite estates are some of the biggest scum filled shitholes Ive visited.

9 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I've always thought it's lucky that Islamic terrorists appear to be thick as pigshit(an appropriate expression for them).

Let's face it, a fairly smart person ready to die for a stupid cause could cause absolute mayhem in any number of ways.

Anyway no idea what happened here, might have nothing to do with Islamists at all (I hope it doesn't, as it would suggest they were becoming more inventive), but sending the SBS isn't something that's done every day.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/seven-people-detained-security-incident-195000693.html

Seven people have been detained following a security incident on an oil tanker off the Isle of Wight, Sky News understands.

The Ministry of Defence (MOD) tweeted that according to "initial reports", the crew are safe and well.

Sky News' defence correspondent, Alistair Bunkall, said Special Boat Service (SBS) commandos boarded the vessel and regained control.

Authorisation was given by the defence secretary and the home secretary, the MOD said.

Bunkall added that the operation had been "pretty swift" - what is known in military terms as a "flash to bang".

It was all over in seven minutes, maritime expert Chris Parry told Sky News.

Sky's home affairs correspondent, Mark White, said about 16 SBS personnel boarded the tanker.

Two Royal Navy Merlin medium lift helicopters were involved, along with two Royal Navy Wildcat helicopters.

A Royal Navy frigate, believed to be HMS Richmond, was on standby to assist.

"All crew on board have been accounted for," White added.

The incident lasted for about 10 hours.

The SBS is based in Poole and the operation was in its "back yard", Bunkall said.

Tobias Ellwood, chairman of the Commons Defence Committee, said the incident would have triggered a "multi-agency alarm" leading to "well-rehearsed classified protocols" being put into action.

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace commented: "I commend the hard work of the armed forces and police to protect lives and secure the ship.

"In dark skies, and worsening weather, we should all be grateful for our brave personnel. People are safe tonight thanks to their efforts."

Bob Sanguinetti, chief executive of the UK Chamber of Shipping said: "We understand the vessel has been boarded by security forces and made safe.

"We commend the swift action taken by UK personnel to secure the vessel and most importantly the safety crew."

Hampshire Police said concerns for the welfare of the crew of the Nave Andromeda were reported at 10.04am on Sunday.

The vessel went into an erratic zig-zagging pattern at about 10.45am, tracker images showed.

The vessel was approximately six miles off the coast of Bembridge and had been travelling towards Southampton, police said.

This was a copycat of a similar incident that happened of the Kent coast about 15 years ago, same reason, same outcome....so yes, not very bright especially when dealing with the Specials where `accidents` can happen.

This is being talked up in the media as a big win for the UK and a source of pride, no one pushes around, best special forces in the world etc etc.

I think the reality is some Nigerian economic migrants stowed away on an oil tanker to get to the UK and the SBS have just saved them the trouble of getting ashore by giving them helicopter transit from the tanker to their comfortable asylum centre.

As others have said, until we start sending all illegal gimmigrants back there is no deterrant.

BBC are saying suspected asylum seekers. Perhaps the SBS went in just because they were local and needed the practice. I used to work in an office near the coast and the fire brigade used to come out regularly to rescue seagulls that were trapped in the netting of the nearby roofs. Amazing how many people thought they were doing it for the benefit of the seagulls.

Let's face it. There are a fair few muslims out there who will tell you that 911 was clearly orchestrated by the Jews (the subtext being that the Saudi terrorists were just a bunch of thick fall-guys who couldn't even organise an orgy in a brothel).

Their "proof" (proffered to me more than once) was that there was a secret message contained in the flight number of the first plane to hit the WTC: Q33NY - "Stick it into MS Word," they said, "change the font to Wingdings, and there you have it, conclusive proof that it was the Jews behind 911, in order to make muslims look bad!"

When I pointed out that AA11 and UA175's flight and registration numbers looked nothing like this, and could easily be checked via the internet; the story eventually morphed into, "Look how sneaky those Jews are. They planted a hoax message about 9/11 into MS Word to make muslims look stupid if they accused the Jews of being behind the terrorist attack!"

9 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Let's face it. There are a fair few muslims out there who will tell you that 911 was clearly orchestrated by the Jews (the subtext being that the Saudi terrorists were just a bunch of thick fall-guys who couldn't even organise an orgy in a brothel).

Their "proof" (proffered to me more than once) was that there was a secret message contained in the flight number of the first plane to hit the WTC: Q33NY - "Stick it into MS Word," they said, "change the font to Wingdings, and there you have it, conclusive proof that it was the Jews behind 911, in order to make muslims look bad!"

When I pointed out that AA11 and UA175's flight and registration numbers looked nothing like this, and could easily be checked via the internet; the story eventually morphed into, "Look how sneaky those Jews are. They planted a hoax message about 9/11 into MS Word to make muslims look stupid if they accused the Jews of being behind the terrorist attack!"

You're not suspicious of the official line on 9/11, that it was some Muzzers with box cutters wot dun it?

2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

You're not suspicious of the official line on 9/11, that it was some Muzzers with box cutters wot dun it?

This is the one thing about this that intrigues me, and I've heard the same from muslim friends about 7/7. They are absolutely convinced that your average salafist/wahabist terrorist is so unbelievably thick that any successful attack must have had help from outside non-muslim agencies.

3 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

This is the one thing about this that intrigues me, and I've heard the same from muslim friends about 7/7. They are absolutely convinced that your average salafist/wahabist terrorist is so unbelievably thick that any successful attack must have had help from outside non-muslim agencies.

Help from within the US state too, unless they just so happened to be carrying out this attack at exactly the same time as the training maneuvers (sp?) were taking place. 

9 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Help from within the US state too, unless they just so happened to be carrying out this attack at exactly the same time as the training maneuvers (sp?) were taking place. 

There's an absolute plethora of unanswered questions, not least the NIST fairytale report on WTC7, but there's another thread on that and some people find it too uncomfortable to think too deeply into it.

edit - the irony is, a big part of the fallout of that false flag is the invasion we're seeing now.

Edited by maynardgravy
28 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

11 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Id suggest that its not just the Salafist who are as thick as a shit.

As far as having support n whatnot., I thinlk youll ind that most Islamic up risings tend to be a bunch of cretins armed with a ragbag collection of arms, must sent to zones where theres little to no thought about how to sustain their presence. Or get back.

6 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

It all strikes me as a bit chicken-and-egg. I reckon that Bush Jr wanted an excuse to go to war in Iraq. He heard of a plot being hatched, and rather than take them out and foil their plan, he decided to make the best use of it that he could. As the old saying goes, "Why let a good crisis go to waste?"