DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Ahhh what a heart warming story, you can just buy any bit of land now and build on it

haroldshand

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54657913

Well if you are a pikey that is  and get the BBC WOKE brigade involved and then work on the sympathy and victim platform and how "all travelers are racially abused".

Who here would not love to do the same, I would 100% fund it using my own cash and not welfare, I would use green energy and make it visually beautiful , but there is zero chance I or anyone that works and lives by the rules could do this.

Questions

1. Where are the men in this story

2. How are those kids funded

3. Where did their money come from

Anyway, thanks BBC another heartwarming story as the rest of us live by normal rules

5 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Well if you are a pikey that is  and get the BBC WOKE brigade involved and then work on the sympathy and victim platform and how "all travelers are racially abused".

Who here would not love to do the same, I would 100% fund it using my own cash and not welfare, I would use green energy and make it visually beautiful , but there is zero chance I or anyone that works and lives by the rules could do this.

Questions

Anyway, thanks BBC another heartwarming story as the rest of us live by normal rules

Really mysterious how some people seem to have gotten the idea laws are now optional

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-53001428

Utterly baffling

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18790597.council-tax-payable-dominic-cummings-lockdown-cottage/

Can't work it out

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/if-dominic-cummings-can-drive-19070873

9 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Questions

Different sections of society are treated differently in all sorts of ways. When it comes to the law such as in this case, you just know that society as we know it has irretrievably broken.  I have no faith that i will be treated fairly by the establishment. 

2 minutes ago, jamtomorrow said:

Shut up serf and get back to work so you can pay all your taxes.  

bloody upperty little people. 9_9

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Different sections of society are treated differently in all sorts of ways. When it comes to the law such as in this case, you just know that society as we know it has irretrievably broken.  I have no faith that i will be treated fairly by the establishment. 

95% plus of the UK could never do this even though 100'000s of people would plough £Billions into the economy and go a long way to sorting out the UK housing crisis.

2 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

95% plus of the UK could never do this even though 100'000s of people would plough £Billions into the economy and go a long way to sorting out the UK housing crisis.

Re the original story, pikies did the same near me. Grabbed a bit of Epping Forest and built on it. That must have been 15 years ago. Still there despite local opposition. 

meanwhile i had to get planning permission to extend my drive 1.5 m sideways.  The rules are a fucking joke, only applied to some. 

Democorruptcy
52 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

The irony is that it was only possible because the council did not obey the rules

Local authorities in England are expected to have a five-year plan which sets out how they will deliver enough sites in the area for their Gypsy and Traveller communities.

Newark and Sherwood council doesn't have one.

The families' lawyers argued the Planning Inspectorate's decision was flawed because it failed to treat the lack of plan as "a significant material consideration".

The High Court agreed and quashed the original ruling at a hearing on 16 October.

If N&S haven't yet put a plan in place go buy your land, or if they have, email other councils for a copy of their 5 year plan and find another rule breaker for your day in court. There's precedence now.

Removing legal aid for pikey scum would sort this problem over night. They can't read or write so it's the free lawyers doing all the work. I say 'free', I mean we are all paying for it of course (and they aren't).

Why don't the politicians remove legal aid for pikeys? I think the answer is obvious; they are nearly all ex lawyers and do very well out of it thank you very much.

Suddenly they've got very quiet on blaming the EU for this; it's not an EU rule anyway and never really was.

23 hours ago, One percent said:

Re the original story, pikies did the same near me. Grabbed a bit of Epping Forest and built on it. That must have been 15 years ago. Still there despite local opposition. 

meanwhile i had to get planning permission to extend my drive 1.5 m sideways.  The rules are a fucking joke, only applied to some. 

How did they get away with that?...it was `Given to the people` by Queen Victoria; so we all `own` it, and managed by the Corporation of London who are usually no `pushover`

20 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

How did they get away with that?...it was `Given to the people` by Queen Victoria; so we all `own` it, and managed by the Corporation of London who are usually no `pushover`

I suspect that it may have been appropriated by the state and thus ownership was a little confused. It is right on the edge of the north circ, just before it peals off to waterworks ans South Woodford. Anyhow, they got away with it and have built a bungalow and other buildings on the land.  Would be interesting to know if they had pp. 

23 hours ago, One percent said:

I guess the local opposition was not convincing enough. Funny, but we don't seem to have the same problem with gypsies in Poland :P

Re: the OP, surely if they settle on a piece of land, they are no longer travellers? Like, by definition?

1 minute ago, kibuc said:

I guess the local opposition was not convincing enough. Funny, but we don't seem to have the same problem with gypsies in Poland :P

Re: the OP, surely if they settle on a piece of land, they are no longer travellers? Like, by definition?

Culture, values and mindset will still be the same. Still thieving pikey scum. 

22 hours ago, One percent said:

Culture, values and mindset will still be the same. Still thieving pikey scum. 

Was watching some guy called "Bankrupt and Bald" on You Tube where they filmed a slovakian Pikey community who have taken over a whole town mostly all flats. For years they have just thrown all their crap, shit and rubbish out of the windows and let it all pile. The stench was terrible and with rats running all over the place, yet their own personal flats were all done up nice.

They really do come across as fuck everyone else and let someone else take care of it rather they get involved no matter where they are in the world, the Irish call them Tinkers and have the same problems with them in what otherwise would be fantastic communities 

On 28/10/2020 at 08:04, One percent said:

I suspect that it may have been appropriated by the state and thus ownership was a little confused. It is right on the edge of the north circ, just before it peals off to waterworks ans South Woodford. Anyhow, they got away with it and have built a bungalow and other buildings on the land.  Would be interesting to know if they had pp. 

If its where I think it is I don't envy their lungs in ten years time!

On 27/10/2020 at 14:46, spunko said:

Removing legal aid for pikey scum would sort this problem over night. They can't read or write so it's the free lawyers doing all the work. I say 'free', I mean we are all paying for it of course (and they aren't).

Why don't the politicians remove legal aid for pikeys? I think the answer is obvious; they are nearly all ex lawyers and do very well out of it thank you very much.

Suddenly they've got very quiet on blaming the EU for this; it's not an EU rule anyway and never really was.

Criminal barristers/solicitors making a killing via legal aid was ended by Blair. Now you'll find lots of them earn less than minimum wage when dealing with cases. 

Should be applauding some managing to get to use their own land how they want within reason, rather than supporting the system that prevents all but the priviledged from doing so. :P

The more the normal people get a foot in the landowner door the harder it will be for them to slam it back shut.

Not so long ago 'field to farm' was a desirable legitimate way of buying land and living on it. Not sure it's still possible or if it is if land prices haven't risen to make it less possible for normal folk.

Blame the game not the players.

VeryMeanReversion
16 hours ago, BoSon said:

Should be applauding some managing to get to use their own land how they want within reason, rather than supporting the system that prevents all but the priviledged from doing so. :P

The more the normal people get a foot in the landowner door the harder it will be for them to slam it back shut.

The approach around here is to occupy redundant farm buildings then get a Lawful Development certificate after 4/10 years.

If you don't have redundant farm buildings then build some. One neighbour has a 9 acre plot with a load of derelict outbuildings. He bought some cows, replaced one large shed with a very nice two storey cow-shed (full planning permission easy for agricultural building), sells the cows, waits 5 years and then goes for a Lawful development certificate to convert it into an annex.  That will then get full planning in a few more years then be sold as a million pound house.   He outspends the council legal department when they try to get in the way (they did get him once - forcing a removal)

Some other neighbours have used permitted development class Q to get certificates in advance.  I used class E to put up an outbuilding which has now been connected to the house as extra living space.

The use of permitted development and Lawful Development Certificates completely bypasses the planning system.

I'll be using class E again to extend an outbuilding to 200sqm which I will genuinely use for incidental purposes (garage/gym/office), much easier to justify under lockdown. Then a few years later, convert to an annex (reduced/no council tax). Then a few years later, full planning as a separate dwelling for kids or rental.

Trying to do anything to build a new house via the standard planning process is close to impossible for an individual.

1 hour ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

The approach around here is to occupy redundant farm buildings then get a Lawful Development certificate after 4/10 years.

If you don't have redundant farm buildings then build some. One neighbour has a 9 acre plot with a load of derelict outbuildings. He bought some cows, replaced one large shed with a very nice two storey cow-shed (full planning permission easy for agricultural building), sells the cows, waits 5 years and then goes for a Lawful development certificate to convert it into an annex.  That will then get full planning in a few more years then be sold as a million pound house.   He outspends the council legal department when they try to get in the way (they did get him once - forcing a removal)

Some other neighbours have used permitted development class Q to get certificates in advance.  I used class E to put up an outbuilding which has now been connected to the house as extra living space.

The use of permitted development and Lawful Development Certificates completely bypasses the planning system.

I'll be using class E again to extend an outbuilding to 200sqm which I will genuinely use for incidental purposes (garage/gym/office), much easier to justify under lockdown. Then a few years later, convert to an annex (reduced/no council tax). Then a few years later, full planning as a separate dwelling for kids or rental.

Trying to do anything to build a new house via the standard planning process is close to impossible for an individual.

Am I right in assuming that after the cows are sold, or the tomatoes harvested, you need to demonstrate that you have been using the building as an annexe for the last 4 years until the time lapses? 

VeryMeanReversion
5 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Am I right in assuming that after the cows are sold, or the tomatoes harvested, you need to demonstrate that you have been using the building as an annexe for the last 4 years until the time lapses? 

If you have used a building as a single dwelling for 4 years without concealment, it becomes legal.  (some more ifs and buts involved but that's the short version)

If you wanted to do that, you would claim it to be an independent dwelling rather than an annexe.

For the cowshed I mentioned, it still has (fake) agricultural use and there is no chance of planning permission so he has tried the annexe approach using permitted development. However, I've just checked and its been refused as the cowshed is outside the residential curtilege so PD doesnt apply.

In my case, I'll do the outbuilding inside the curtilege.  Once the building exists within the curtilege, future planning permission gets a lot easier if I ever need it.

(Curtilege ~ original garden around the house).

So the long-game for non-pikeys is to buy the worst house you can find on the largest plot.

1 hour ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

If you have used a building as a single dwelling for 4 years without concealment, it becomes legal.  (some more ifs and buts involved but that's the short version)

If you wanted to do that, you would claim it to be an independent dwelling rather than an annexe.

For the cowshed I mentioned, it still has (fake) agricultural use and there is no chance of planning permission so he has tried the annexe approach using permitted development. However, I've just checked and its been refused as the cowshed is outside the residential curtilege so PD doesnt apply.

In my case, I'll do the outbuilding inside the curtilege.  Once the building exists within the curtilege, future planning permission gets a lot easier if I ever need it.

(Curtilege ~ original garden around the house).

So the long-game for non-pikeys is to buy the worst house you can find on the largest plot.

Righto, so you have to live in your cowshed for 4 years beforehand xD I was wondering if there was a route from agricultural building to building plot, through from what youve said its not possible unless the building is in the garden curtilage.

It would appear thats what everyone is trying to do as they are impossible to get your hands one, ie there is a favoured mate of the Estate Agent that is first in line or it goes to bids (Estate agent is milking the most commission). As ive said before a good garden now adds 150K plus to the price of a property if there a possibilty of a plot (with road access etc).

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/10/2020 at 07:12, haroldshand said:

For years they have just thrown all their crap, shit and rubbish out of the windows and let it all pile.

Indicative of eastern european attitude in general - noone gives a fuck about anything outside their immediate home. OK most normal people wont be as extreme as above but there is a general not giving a fuck about your surroundings and a lack of any sense of civic responsibility that must be fairly deep rooted somehow.

Archived