DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The 3 vile cops (who think they got away with it)

I'm not anti police. Just anti bad police. In fact, I'm pro police and thats why I think they need to be held to the highest standards.

Latest video from Crimebodge. Shocking what they did to that guy, smashed his leg up. As an aside, if that had been a BAME there would be riots, but its just some middle aged white guy so who cares.

Well done to Crimebodge for looking for the little guy and doing his bit to ensure some justice is served. Spoiler - right at the end he reveals is taking out a private prosecution.

23 minutes ago, invalid said:

I'm not anti police. Just anti bad police. In fact, I'm pro police and thats why I think they need to be held to the highest standards.

Latest video from Crimebodge. Shocking what they did to that guy, smashed his leg up. As an aside, if that had been a BAME there would be riots, but its just some middle aged white guy so who cares.

Well done to Crimebodge for looking for the little guy and doing his bit to ensure some justice is served. Spoiler - right at the end he reveals is taking out a private prosecution.

This why you need a camera: number 1 action when confronted by police - pull your camera out. 

Sorry but what an absolute load of bollocks. What evidence is there that he broke the driver's leg? Another heavily edited video with no sources and the same commentator just knocking the police for the sake of it. All they did was smash the driver's rear window and pull him out the car because he tried to drive off and wouldn't exit the vehicle.

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other for me.

The driver brings it on himself by not co-operating with the police; if a policeman stops your car and asks you to turn the engine off and get out that's what you should do. Not doing that and trying to drive off instead is always going to get a robust response.

Having said that the police need to have a bit of common sense and compassion. There's a difference between a hardened criminal intent on escape and a distressed possibly mentally unwell bloke being slow to respond to instructions. In the latter case, getting out your baton and trying to smash his window in is only going to make matters worse. Good policemen should know this.

It's easy to criticise though. It's a hard job, I wouldn't want to do it.

6 minutes ago, Butthead said:

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other for me.

The driver brings it on himself by not co-operating with the police; if a policeman stops your car and asks you to turn the engine off and get out that's what you should do. Not doing that and trying to drive off instead is always going to get a robust response.

Having said that the police need to have a bit of common sense and compassion. There's a difference between a hardened criminal intent on escape and a distressed possibly mentally unwell bloke being slow to respond to instructions. In the latter case, getting out your baton and trying to smash his window in is only going to make matters worse. Good policemen should know this.

It's easy to criticise though. It's a hard job, I wouldn't want to do it.

Indeed. 

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Yes it does. Section 117 of PACE.

Just checked with my missus and no, punishment beatings are not covered under PACE.

Proportionate force comensurate with the threat level is permitted but not punishment beatings. So if the suspect was flagged as potentially violent, armed or otherwise a danger then a forced stop may be warranted along with physical force as necessary to alleviate any threat.

In that instance the stop, a forced traffic stop, was in itself disproportionate to the outstanding warrant, and potentially exposing the public to unnecessary risk.

They had a home address to issue the warrant at.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Sorry but what an absolute load of bollocks. What evidence is there that he broke the driver's leg? Another heavily edited video with no sources and the same commentator just knocking the police for the sake of it. All they did was smash the driver's rear window and pull him out the car because he tried to drive off and wouldn't exit the vehicle.

The car backed up maybe a foot and stopped. Plod approached the car and very quickly pulled out his extendable baton and started pounding the car. It was after this that he then tries to drive off.

And by the way, those extendable metal batons are pretty nasty. I'm not in the slightest bit surprised that it smashed the guys leg up. You really don;t wont to be on the receiving end of one those, especially if its a plod who goes to the gym.

Just now, Great Guy said:

Tbh, he tried to drive off and barged into another car. I dont have a huge amount of sympathy for him...

We dont actually know anything about the victim here. Does he have a police record?

Does it matter? He may well have been some complete low life scum, or even worse a leftie Gaurdian reader but that still doesn't justify a beating with a metal baton on the shins.

40 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

Just checked with my missus and no, punishment beatings are not covered under PACE.

Proportionate force comensurate with the threat level is permitted but not punishment beatings. So if the suspect was flagged as potentially violent, armed or otherwise a danger then a forced stop may be warranted along with physical force as necessary to alleviate any threat.

In that instance the stop, a forced traffic stop, was in itself disproportionate to the outstanding warrant, and potentially exposing the public to unnecessary risk.

They had a home address to issue the warrant at.

Yes, it was a joke. Sorry, forgot Poe's Law.

11 minutes ago, invalid said:

Does it matter? He may well have been some complete low life scum, or even worse a leftie Gaurdian reader but that still doesn't justify a beating with a metal baton on the shins.

It does in a way, if the suspect was known for violence then a swift "shock and awe" stop will disorientate and confuse the suspect before he can react, tool up and become violent.

It has its place, just not in the instance shown.

14 minutes ago, invalid said:

In the West we seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the police.

You either want the police to be a bunch of neutered bedwetters, or you want them to be able to utilise reasonable force at their discretion (and the risks that come with that). I prefer the latter option personally; if I were PM I'd reformulate the police into the mould of the Brownshirts and give them carte blanche to do as they please.

(I'm also mindful of the libtard/SJW/BLM movement to completely shut down the police, and posts like this one aren't helpful.... I suspect a lot of the "Police brutality innit" tossers are aware of this connection too).

28 minutes ago, invalid said:

The car backed up maybe a foot and stopped. Plod approached the car and very quickly pulled out his extendable baton and started pounding the car. It was after this that he then tries to drive off.

And by the way, those extendable metal batons are pretty nasty. I'm not in the slightest bit surprised that it smashed the guys leg up. You really don;t wont to be on the receiving end of one those, especially if its a plod who goes to the gym.

I've posted about this kind of thing before so tell me if it's boring but... so what? Being in the police service must be one of the shittest, most underappreciated, stressful jobs around. You're constantly mixing with the dregs and scum of society so it must warp your viewpoint. To end up as anything other than bitter, resentful and aggressive must be a real feat.

Plus to constantly be in fear of the ever present know-it-all who records you and posts it on YouTube then heavily edits the footage out of context, trying to get you sacked and set the lynch mobs on you, when you're only trying to do your job. It's not really surprising that nobody wants to do this job.

Frankly if I were a police officer and I stopped in front of a vehicle and the driver refused to get out, and started to drive off, I'd pull him out the vehicle too. What other solution is there? Ask him again to get out? That didn't work the first time. A bit of mutual respect goes a long way. Just get out the fucking vehicle.

Other countries have the right idea, if you don't comply you get beaten to shit. We should do it here too. The days of the friendly beat bobby are long gone.

20 minutes ago, invalid said:

The car was on a police database. The driver tried to drive off. The council were filming the whole thing with their cctv (they must have been asked to help locate the car).

If the driver has a history of violence it puts a different context on the video than if the driver has no police record.... 

Middle age guys commit crime as well..... 

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

In the West we seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the police.

You either want the police to be a bunch of neutered bedwetters, or you want them to be able to utilise reasonable force at their discretion (and the risks that come with that). I prefer the latter option personally; if I were PM I'd reformulate the police into the mould of the Brownshirts and give them carte blanche to do as they please.

(I'm also mindful of the libtard/SJW/BLM movement to completely shut down the police, and posts like this one aren't helpful.... I suspect a lot of the "Police brutality innit" tossers are aware of this connection too).

Yes, its all about getting the right balance and its not easy.

My take on this is that the initial stop was over the top and was very quickly escalated. There is no sound and we can't see what the driver was doing other than his hands being on the steering wheel. We don't know the other side of it and why plod was so quick with the baton.

I do apreciate that there is a need to sometimes act in a firm and decisive way to get control of the situation quickly and at this stage while over the top I think it can also be forgiven - no one was hurt.

It's the bits later on when they clearly have the upper hand on the guy and the plod decides to jab him in the ribs and whack his shins with the baton.

We don't have all the details, but the court that decided to award the guy compensation would have. I'll take that as a strong indicator that there was some wrong doing.

1 minute ago, spunko said:

Frankly if I were a police officer and I stopped in front of a vehicle and the driver refused to get out, and started to drive off, I'd pull him out the vehicle too. What other solution is there? Ask him again to get out? That didn't work the first time. A bit of mutual respect goes a long way. Just get out the fucking vehicle.

But, but, but, the driver was a "middle aged white guy". Everyone knows no middle aged white guy has ever done wrong.