Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Christmaaaaas!


Wight Flight
 Share

Recommended Posts

Seems to be kicking off.

I don't think they can control this one. Too many people are already saying that they will break the law, and once you have broken it once, the next time is so much easier.

It doesn't affect me this year, but in previous years I would always have the wife, kids, in-laws and my wife's aged spinster aunt.

Could I leave her out? Not a chance.

Is there anyone here who will abandon someone to comply?

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A tremendous # on the lung

I'd gladly not see any relatives at Christmas

 

This whole 'got to save Christmas' thing is tedious in the extreme. It's shit at the best of times, i can't see this year being a cracker!

Edited by A tremendous # on the lung
  • Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Long time lurking
2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Seems to be kicking off.

I don't think they can control this one. Too many people are already saying that they will break the law, and once you have broken it once, the next time is so much easier.

It doesn't affect me this year, but in previous years I would always have the wife, kids, in-laws and my wife's aged spinster aunt.

Could I leave her out? Not a chance.

Is there anyone here who will abandon someone to comply?

From what i can see more and more are saying fuck it ,i`m beginning to think the mask wearing now is more to keep the peace so to speak 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Seems to be kicking off.

I don't think they can control this one. Too many people are already saying that they will break the law, and once you have broken it once, the next time is so much easier.

It doesn't affect me this year, but in previous years I would always have the wife, kids, in-laws and my wife's aged spinster aunt.

Could I leave her out? Not a chance.

Is there anyone here who will abandon someone to comply?

 

We haven't got to Christmas yet

Sentiments may turn on a dime if infections ramp up as I think they will in about 6 weeks.

The public doesn't see what could be coming, just sees what is happening 'now'.

Everyone for the moment is carrying as if it's holiday time. I've never seen the holiday lets so full at an autumn half-term. Coastal car parks full. Like mid summer.

 

 

 

Edited by Hopeful
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Seems to be kicking off.

I don't think they can control this one. Too many people are already saying that they will break the law, and once you have broken it once, the next time is so much easier.

It doesn't affect me this year, but in previous years I would always have the wife, kids, in-laws and my wife's aged spinster aunt.

Could I leave her out? Not a chance.

Is there anyone here who will abandon someone to comply?

Fucking good excuse NOT to see the family at Xmas! Nice quiet one without having to entertain! Might even make it to the local pub this year... 

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

 

We haven't got to Christmas yet

Sentiments may turn on a dime if infections ramp up as I think they will in about 6 weeks.

The public doesn't see what could be coming, just sees what is happening 'now'.

Everyone for the moment is carrying as if it's holiday time. I've never seen the holiday lets so full at an autumn half-term. Coastal car parks full. Like mid summer.

 

 

 

Take a day off mate, I spoke to the man he said it was fine.

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, spunko said:

I'm hoping to spend my Christmas at my house for once. Be nice in a way not to see relatives. Bah humbug!

I sort of agree with you. 

But for many of the old it is something the really look forward to, and even hang on for.

There is a reason the death rates spike just afterwards (and it isn't my cooking)

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, choochoo said:

Already told my mum and her mum and dad Xmas is at ours as usual.

They're the ones at risk so it's up to them :D

 

I think that is the correct answer.

Let the potentially more at risk choose what they want to do.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

 

We haven't got to Christmas yet

Sentiments may turn on a dime if infections ramp up as I think they will in about 6 weeks.

The public doesn't see what could be coming, just sees what is happening 'now'.

Everyone for the moment is carrying as if it's holiday time. I've never seen the holiday lets so full at an autumn half-term. Coastal car parks full. Like mid summer.

 

 

 

Brutal.

Have to say I'm one who is turning to others and trying to play it down whilst forgetting sometimes (though reminding myself) that I could be fully wrong and maybe it's too early to call.

Will see.  I'm still keeping as healthy as possible minus bit too much booze but not AA level yet.  Plenty vit d , random other potions, good food, excersise.  Don't have a million bucks to disappear so bring it on and we'll see.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, A tremendous # on the lung said:

Flu?

No. There is a known uptick in deaths just after Christmas as people were hanging on for just one last family gathering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dogtania said:

Brutal.

Have to say I'm one who is turning to others and trying to play it down whilst forgetting sometimes (though reminding myself) that I could be fully wrong and maybe it's too early to call.

Will see.  I'm still keeping as healthy as possible minus bit too much booze but not AA level yet.  Plenty vit d , random other potions, good food, excersise.  Don't have a million bucks to disappear so bring it on and we'll see.

I hope I'm wrong. Nothing better. i just can't see a reason not to see it increasing from now on. @swiss_democracy_for_all made a less than encouraging post from Switzerland.

My fear all along is that the public may be shitting themselves this Xmas, but it won't be because of campylobacter from a badly cooked capon, it may be because denial meant they weren't mentally prepared.

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bandit Banzai

It's briliant. I told the missus I am done with her family anyway (long story), this just gives me an added excuse.

On a similar note, the missus is foreign and has gone home twice before over Christmas. I've done two on my own in the house. People were always amazed that I would do that. I found it to be utter bliss   :D

  • Agree 3
  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I hope I'm wrong.

come on now.png

Bullshit, you're loving being the centre of attention.   Even this thread about sticking two fingers up to the authorities at, you wade in with your weird "I'm totally an expert scientist you guys, it's just the gov are right about everything and you shouldn't question lock down and fake science is bad"

 

Edited by Loki
  • Agree 2
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bandit Banzai said:

It's briliant. I told the missus I am done with her family anyway (long story), this just gives me an added excuse.

On a similar note, the missus is foreign and has gone home twice before over Christmas. I've done two on my own in the house. People were always amazed that I would do that. I found it to be utter bliss   :D

As a kid I didn't enjoy Christmas. My 17th and 18th ones were the first I ever enjoyed, and I was on my own.

I vowed never to put anyone else through the same ones I had. Christmas is now special to me.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

As a kid I didn't enjoy Christmas. My 17th and 18th ones were the first I ever enjoyed, and I was on my own.

I vowed never to put anyone else through the same ones I had. Christmas is now special to me.

Identical experience

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wahoo said:

If the Queen can make an amazing sacrifice on Christmas day, then I'm sure the rest of us could follow.

You mean she isn't inviting Andrew?

  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The best Christmas I ever had was when my parents had moved away and I was relying on my mate to come over. It just so happened that he forgot to tell me he was going to be in San Francisco (as you do). Not knowing this I cooked a massive Xmas dinner with all the trimmings. He rang me at about 1 pm apologising and I spent the day cooking and then eating an ungodly amount of food before getting solo wankered and playing Playstation.

Happy times.

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bandit Banzai
5 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

The best Christmas I ever had was when my parents had moved away and I was relying on my mate to come over. It just so happened that he forgot to tell me he was going to be in San Francisco (as you do). Not knowing this I cooked a massive Xmas dinner with all the trimmings. He rang me at about 1 pm apologising and I spent the day cooking and then eating an ungodly amount of food before getting solo wankered and playing Playstation.

Happy times.

See now this is it. Good food, music and a full beer fridge.  It's only a day. Next day it's over.

The two occasions my missus went away I didn't even put up a tree or decs :D

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I hope I'm wrong. Nothing better. i just can't see a reason not to see it increasing from now on. @swiss_democracy_for_all made a less than encouraging post from Switzerland.

My fear all along is that the public may be shitting themselves this Xmas, but it won't be because of campylobacter from a badly cooked capon, it may be because denial meant they weren't mentally prepared.

 

14 minutes ago, Loki said:

come on now.png

Bullshit, you're loving being the centre of attention.   Even this thread about sticking two fingers up to the authorities at, you wade in with your weird "I'm totally an expert scientist you guys, it's just the gov are right about everything and you shouldn't question lock down and fake science is bad"

 

Honestly don't think that's the case at all.  

And don't just want to hear one opinion repeated even if very convincing.

  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...