DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Seems to be kicking off.

I don't think they can control this one. Too many people are already saying that they will break the law, and once you have broken it once, the next time is so much easier.

It doesn't affect me this year, but in previous years I would always have the wife, kids, in-laws and my wife's aged spinster aunt.

Could I leave her out? Not a chance.

Is there anyone here who will abandon someone to comply?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Refugees Racism Climate change Lockdown     Fuck me it's a Guardian full house !!    

Wibble for this story. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8886855/Police-commissioner-says-officers-break-Christmas-dinners-families-flout-lockdown-rules.html#comments Twat: David Ja

The mask wearing is to remind people there is a panicdemic going on. Without them most of us would struggle to notice.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Seems to be kicking off.

I don't think they can control this one. Too many people are already saying that they will break the law, and once you have broken it once, the next time is so much easier.

It doesn't affect me this year, but in previous years I would always have the wife, kids, in-laws and my wife's aged spinster aunt.

From what i can see more and more are saying fuck it ,i`m beginning to think the mask wearing now is more to keep the peace so to speak 

4 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Seems to be kicking off.

We haven't got to Christmas yet

Sentiments may turn on a dime if infections ramp up as I think they will in about 6 weeks.

The public doesn't see what could be coming, just sees what is happening 'now'.

Everyone for the moment is carrying as if it's holiday time. I've never seen the holiday lets so full at an autumn half-term. Coastal car parks full. Like mid summer.

Edited by Hopeful
4 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Seems to be kicking off.

Fucking good excuse NOT to see the family at Xmas! Nice quiet one without having to entertain! Might even make it to the local pub this year... 

11 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Sentiments may turn on a dime if infections ramp up as I think they will in about 6 weeks.

Everyone for the moment is carrying as if it's holiday time. I've never seen the holiday lets so full at an autumn half-term. Coastal car parks full. Like mid summer.

Take a day off mate, I spoke to the man he said it was fine.

1 minute ago, spunko said:

I'm hoping to spend my Christmas at my house for once. Be nice in a way not to see relatives. Bah humbug!

I sort of agree with you. 

But for many of the old it is something the really look forward to, and even hang on for.

There is a reason the death rates spike just afterwards (and it isn't my cooking)

46 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Brutal.

Have to say I'm one who is turning to others and trying to play it down whilst forgetting sometimes (though reminding myself) that I could be fully wrong and maybe it's too early to call.

Will see.  I'm still keeping as healthy as possible minus bit too much booze but not AA level yet.  Plenty vit d , random other potions, good food, excersise.  Don't have a million bucks to disappear so bring it on and we'll see.

Just now, Dogtania said:

Brutal.

Have to say I'm one who is turning to others and trying to play it down whilst forgetting sometimes (though reminding myself) that I could be fully wrong and maybe it's too early to call.

Will see.  I'm still keeping as healthy as possible minus bit too much booze but not AA level yet.  Plenty vit d , random other potions, good food, excersise.  Don't have a million bucks to disappear so bring it on and we'll see.

I hope I'm wrong. Nothing better. i just can't see a reason not to see it increasing from now on. @swiss_democracy_for_all made a less than encouraging post from Switzerland.

My fear all along is that the public may be shitting themselves this Xmas, but it won't be because of campylobacter from a badly cooked capon, it may be because denial meant they weren't mentally prepared.

It's briliant. I told the missus I am done with her family anyway (long story), this just gives me an added excuse.

On a similar note, the missus is foreign and has gone home twice before over Christmas. I've done two on my own in the house. People were always amazed that I would do that. I found it to be utter bliss   :D

5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I hope I'm wrong.

come on now.png

Bullshit, you're loving being the centre of attention.   Even this thread about sticking two fingers up to the authorities at, you wade in with your weird "I'm totally an expert scientist you guys, it's just the gov are right about everything and you shouldn't question lock down and fake science is bad"

Edited by Loki
2 minutes ago, Bandit Banzai said:

It's briliant. I told the missus I am done with her family anyway (long story), this just gives me an added excuse.

On a similar note, the missus is foreign and has gone home twice before over Christmas. I've done two on my own in the house. People were always amazed that I would do that. I found it to be utter bliss   :D

As a kid I didn't enjoy Christmas. My 17th and 18th ones were the first I ever enjoyed, and I was on my own.

I vowed never to put anyone else through the same ones I had. Christmas is now special to me.

2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

As a kid I didn't enjoy Christmas. My 17th and 18th ones were the first I ever enjoyed, and I was on my own.

I vowed never to put anyone else through the same ones I had. Christmas is now special to me.

Identical experience

The best Christmas I ever had was when my parents had moved away and I was relying on my mate to come over. It just so happened that he forgot to tell me he was going to be in San Francisco (as you do). Not knowing this I cooked a massive Xmas dinner with all the trimmings. He rang me at about 1 pm apologising and I spent the day cooking and then eating an ungodly amount of food before getting solo wankered and playing Playstation.

Happy times.

5 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

The best Christmas I ever had was when my parents had moved away and I was relying on my mate to come over. It just so happened that he forgot to tell me he was going to be in San Francisco (as you do). Not knowing this I cooked a massive Xmas dinner with all the trimmings. He rang me at about 1 pm apologising and I spent the day cooking and then eating an ungodly amount of food before getting solo wankered and playing Playstation.

Happy times.

See now this is it. Good food, music and a full beer fridge.  It's only a day. Next day it's over.

The two occasions my missus went away I didn't even put up a tree or decs :D

10 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I hope I'm wrong. Nothing better. i just can't see a reason not to see it increasing from now on. @swiss_democracy_for_all made a less than encouraging post from Switzerland.

My fear all along is that the public may be shitting themselves this Xmas, but it won't be because of campylobacter from a badly cooked capon, it may be because denial meant they weren't mentally prepared.

14 minutes ago, Loki said:

come on now.png

Bullshit, you're loving being the centre of attention.   Even this thread about sticking two fingers up to the authorities at, you wade in with your weird "I'm totally an expert scientist you guys, it's just the gov are right about everything and you shouldn't question lock down and fake science is bad"

Honestly don't think that's the case at all.  

And don't just want to hear one opinion repeated even if very convincing.