DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

That's like The Town publicly admitting it has a problem and the area outside 'the arch' is unsafe.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10975183/man-19-stabbed-to-death-in-oldham-cops-arrest-three/

In September, GMP said serious knife violence in Manchester had fallen by nearly a quarter after it trebled the number of stop and searches.

Their figures showed that there were 735 crimes between April and July 2019, down from 958 in the same period in 2018 – a fall of 23 per cent.

KH-MAP-KNIFE-CRIME-IN-YOUR-AREA-V2.jpg

13 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10975183/man-19-stabbed-to-death-in-oldham-cops-arrest-three/

In September, GMP said serious knife violence in Manchester had fallen by nearly a quarter after it trebled the number of stop and searches.

Their figures showed that there were 735 crimes between April and July 2019, down from 958 in the same period in 2018 – a fall of 23 per cent.

KH-MAP-KNIFE-CRIME-IN-YOUR-AREA-V2.jpg

Can that be overlaid with a map of ethnicity?  Just asking.  o.O

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The London Bridge attackers used ceramic knives.

Prisoners use sharpened toothbrush handles.

All this will do is nab idiot teenagers.

True.

But it's better than nothing, perhaps.

As I've mentioned on other threads, it's very difficult to prevent intelligent determined people from making mayhem, if some of the idiots can be stopped it's a bit of a help at least. 

59 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/18827202.knife-arch-set-oldham-town-centre-big-initiative/

“The public are not forced to walk through the knife arch, but anyone seen actively avoiding the knife arch or committing a "turnaround" may well be subjected to a stop and search.”

IIRC Oldham isnt that black.

Needs moving to Tottenham.

3 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

True.

As I've mentioned on other threads, it's very difficult to prevent intelligent determined people from making mayhem, if some of the idiots can be stopped it's a bit of a help at least. 

That's what stop and search is there for.

This is treating decent citizens as criminals because the police will not target likely offenders.

33 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

True.

It's not better than nothing, because it has more negative effects than positive effects.

They can't stop prisoners from stabbing each other in prison, so we already know that making everybody live as if we're all in prison won't stop knife crime.

It's shit lazy policing that's come from them being scared of being called racist because when they target the actual criminals they disproportionately stop ethnic minority lads.

How about instead the police grow a pair and just stop and search anybody who looks or acts like a scrote, and leaves everybody else alone.

Most of these young lads who complain that they're "unfairly" hassled by the police would be amazed at the difference they'd see in police behavior if they dressed smartly and talked politely. My mate sent me a story a while back about a black American professor who was very upset that he'd been detained by the police because he was in the vicinity of a mugging, and he matched the description of the mugger. I couldn't help but think how much better that would have gone for him if he dressed like a middle aged professor rather than a teenage criminal.

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This is treating decent citizens as criminals because the police will not target likely offenders.

Plod stop people who dress like crims, and wear the wrong clothes. My advice is don't, and you are never stopped, however black you are.

35 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Maybe. I'd be disappointed if all the coppers were as crap as that - I doubt it, because if they're filmed and Facebooked harassing old biddies their Chief Constable will be after them. Maybe I've been in Switzerland too long to realise how shit the UK police have become?

Here they don't worry too much about being called racist, they target who they want to. 

10 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Maybe. I'd be disappointed if all the coppers were as crap as that - I doubt it, because if they're filmed and Facebooked harassing old biddies their Chief Constable will be after them. Maybe I've been in Switzerland too long to realise how shit the UK police have become?

Here they don't worry too much about being called racist, they target who they want to. 

Same here. And, somewhat reassuringly (probably because I haven't been on the end of police brutality yet), they all seem to be 6'+ brick shit houses (the spokespeople on the news always seem to be women though). 

48 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Worse than that, the false alarm rate is so high, this machine will give plod the opportunity to hand search half of the people walking through it on the basis of reasonable suspicion.

Just now, Nippy said:

Worse than that, the false alarm rate is so high, this machine will give plod the opportunity to hand search half of the people walking through it on the basis of reasonable suspicion.

We found a newborn baby in an airport toilet 3000 miles away (and a week ago). I'm afraid were going to perform an invasive search on you all. 

Just now, The Generation Game said:

We found a newborn baby in an airport toilet 3000 miles away (and a week ago). I'm afraid were going to perform an invasive search on you all. 

She would have been oozing placenta and blood. It would have been easy to spot.

33 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Plod stop people who dress like crims, and wear the wrong clothes. My advice is don't, and you are never stopped, however black you are.

Very good advice. Never wear clothes you feel like, always be smart and wear something which avoids and repels criminality. If women didn't wear provocative clothes there would be less rape it's their own fault.

2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Very good advice. Never wear clothes you feel like, always be smart and wear something which avoids and repels criminality. If women didn't wear provocative clothes there would be less rape it's their own fault.

You know what I mean, and I'm not a rapist any more.

Edited by MrPin