DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Clowns at press conferences and ludicrous sign language

I first noticed ludicrous sign language at this press conference with the infamous Gretchen Whitmer in May of this year. Start at about 7.40

Then I started noticing it everywhere, whenever a far left governor or mayor was holding a press conference, there was always a ridiculously flamboyant sign language performance (is there a word for them, a signer?) going on beside them.

Then I noticed the mayor of Chicago dressed up like this

Chicago Mayor Dresses Up As Superhero To Fight COVID-19

Now we have the Oregon health official dressed like this

WATCH: Oregon health official announces COVID-19 death toll dressed as clown  | The Post Millennial

I think this is another method of attack from the far left crazies.

A very interesting twitter thread here.

I'd have to speak with more some deaf people to be sure, 

But my understanding is that a fair majority prefer CC over sign language for announcements etc.  Sign language is for conversations.

I think it might be the same as the apocryphal 'helping the old lady across the road (that doesn't want to go') -- there's an assumption that it is needed, and everyone feels good that they've done it 'for the poor deaf people' -- whether it is actually wanted or not is irrelevant.

8 hours ago, dgul said:

But my understanding is that a fair majority prefer CC over sign language for announcements etc.  Sign language is for conversations.

I think it might be the same as the apocryphal 'helping the old lady across the road (that doesn't want to go') -- there's an assumption that it is needed, and everyone feels good that they've done it 'for the poor deaf people' -- whether it is actually wanted or not is irrelevant.

Obligations on putting cc on videos came into law recently

Llywodraeth Cymru Coronavirus press conference has a couple of brilliant signers.

There's a bloke.

A very animated MILF that pulls the most amazing orgasm faces.

Best of all there's a woman who began as a Muslim tribute act, in a sackcloth dress, and a headscarf, now she has long blonde hair, a pencil skirt, and heels.

Considering they have to convert English and Welsh into BSL, and wait for First Minister Mark Drakeford to finish forming his words, they have a tough gig.  :)  

5 minutes ago, montecristo said:

We get 2 interpreters. 

I really would prefer if they set fire to my taxes in front of me and rub my face in the ashes.

image.thumb.png.f91ebbaf02b41ee793bd392fb9b0af3b.png

If they could only find a gay politician in Ireland they could be the next Steps.

Why two interpreters though ? One doing English and the other Gaelic ?  :)

Edited by Bedrag Justesen
10 hours ago, dgul said:

Also, not all deaf people sign. 

There's a 'conspiracy theory' that the signing is a Bernays type technique to distract viewers so that they think less critically about whatever fabrication is being read out to the camera. The speaker broadly gets away with publicly stating mistruths or things they have to say but don't want people thinking about too much. The viewer comes away with little more than some simple easy to remember 'flatten the curve' type platitude (eg the 'save the nhs' or whatever messages were on the lecterns for the uk gov covid press statements) which the frightened or follower types can use as a mantra, which if repeated often and with enough conviction will protect them from the source of fear.

Only really noticed Sturgeon having the big lady signing away.  Hadn't thought about how widespread or any particular significance it has become but definitely always noticed how much the large lady on Sturgeon TV is at the forefront of things.

Some of these pictures above are almost comedy though.

Maybe softening people up before our ear drums are surgically removed drone by night.  Or nicely timed loud bangs start going off in the cities when the riots return and sign language the way forward?