DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Apparently anything 88 means you're a Nazi.

The reasons behind this are irrelevant.  No other interpretations are allowed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54747089

Sky will not broadcast its TV carpentry contest The Chop after an investigation into a contestant's face tattoos found they "could be connected to far-right ideologies".

First I've heard of this.  But then again I'm not a Nazi looking for like minded individuals to invite into my secret Nazi memorabilia cupboard.

[Or am I?  So difficult to tell these days.]

Didn't Chelsea have a "Column 88" firm?

The 88 was derived from Heil Hitler but he could be a Chelsea fan rather than a Hitler fan.

Or the 88 could be for some important event that happened to him in 1988 that he doesn't wish to share so lied about his dad dying.

Who knows?

Facial tattoos are anyway inofthemselves sufficient reason to debar someone IMHO.

17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The 88 was derived from Heil Hitler but he could be a Chelsea fan rather than a Hitler fan.

Or the 88 could be for some important event that happened to him in 1988 that he doesn't wish to share so lied about his dad dying.

Who knows?

Facial tattoos are anyway inofthemselves sufficient reason to debar someone IMHO.

Well theres 18 for AH.

I guess theres all the other Nazis to get in too.

.jpg?f=16x9&h=576&w=1024&$p$f$h$w=a4c2c2

Ok, Dave has just finished a nice pine table.

What have you done this week Darren?

A shower block.

I see. What's the pipe going into it used for?

People with facisl tattoos are not like you n me. They are usually total fucking idiots.

36 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Who knows?

It was combat 18. I have one of their fanzines from the 80s....has the division 1 table that’s has been recalculated....goals by non white players don’t count and results and league standings adjusted accordingly. 

1 hour ago, Virgil Caine said:

It would be considered doubly lucky in China.

It’s quite common among wealthy Chinese people to buy private number plates with 88 in them for good luck. Which is bad luck for all those Nazis who want to signal that they’re Nazis in such a way that only angry “antifascists” will notice, as it must really bid up the price.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

They are.

And pretty useless for stormy windy weather when the rain does not fall directly down.

Get a jacket with a hood.

However...

There are tactical umbrellas.

Liberal do gooders banned sword sticks.

Then let in loads of from bongo bongo land.

A few whacks round the head with a heavy umbrella....

34 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

We went from version 3 to version 5 of our product. Seems 4 is bad luck in Japan which was our largest market.

Yes, it is associated with death, which is why Japanese cars have only four wheels. And a spare if you are lucky.