DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sean Connery - 1930 - 2020

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He’s an Interesting case study: his words and deeds in life are the epitome of the sexist pig who women say they condemn, yet my social media feeds today are full of women attesting to the fact that t

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Good age though.

Sadly i think the best part of the last 2 decades he was doing a Biden.

12 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

ITV are going to show one of his James Bond films.

Knowing ITV it wil be Never Say Never again.

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard

Juan Ramirez. Highlander. Rudley nicknamed The Peacock by The Kurgan.

It was the first movie, ironically given the storyline, I noticed him getting old. 

His absence was notable this last few years and I merely assumed he had developed a chronic illness and was enjoying what time he had left.

Only his daft pronouncements on Scottish Nationalism got me. As he sunned it in the Bahamas. Out side of that minor issue, a great actor.

highlander-1986-sean-connery-date-1986-KGM9BX.thumb.jpg.a20572109f0c16c5496c59f413c3d848.jpg

15 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

Out side of that minor issue, a great actor.

Was he an actor? He had great charisma, and screen presence, and sex appeal for the ladies, but he gave the appearance of just swanning through productions by being himself. When he played the Spaniard in highlander, he used a Sean Connery accent, same too in The Name of the Rose.

Edited by Nippy
13 minutes ago, Nippy said:

Was he an actor? He had great charisma, and screen presence, and sex appeal for the ladies, but he gave the appearance of just swanning through productions by being himself. When he played the Spaniard in highlander, he used a Shaun Connery accent, same too in The Name of the Rose.

He was an actor in the sense that many of the really big names are: he plays a particular role and he plays it very well indeed.

People like Andy Serkis or Michael Sheen are tremendous actors who can play any character but the big names are people like Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Cruise, Segal, or on the Bond theme Roger Moore who basically just play one character.

Edited by Frank Hovis
Martin corrected to Michael Sheen
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

He was an actor in the sense that many of the really big names are: he plays a particular role and he plays it very well indeed.

People like Andy Serkis or Michael Sheen are tremendous actors who can play any character but the big names are people like Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Cruise, Segal, or on the Bond theme Roger Moore who basically just play one character.

I used to think that, but have since mellowed my opinion.

See, once you become a really big name, when the production company pays for you they expect to get 'that performance'.  Thus the big names are limited in how much range they get to play, no matter their abilities.

[Apart from Schwarzenegger.  He really does have a limited  repertoire.]

1 minute ago, Melchett said:

He’s an Interesting case study: his words and deeds in life are the epitome of the sexist pig who women say they condemn, yet my social media feeds today are full of women attesting to the fact that they found him to be the epitome of gusset wetting knickerelastic snappingness.

The poster boy for Red pill theory.

From the Department of Generalisations:

Women are herd animals, they ascribe to believe whatever is au courant yet fannies never lie, they will always long for a Real Man® in bed.

Always.

1 hour ago, Nippy said:

Was he an actor? He had great charisma, and screen presence, and sex appeal for the ladies, but he gave the appearance of just swanning through productions by being himself. When he played the Spaniard in highlander, he used a Sean Connery accent, same too in The Name of the Rose.

He played a Russian submarine captain in Hunt for Red October with a Scottish Accent.