Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Second Lockdown?


Dave Beans
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, sarahbell said:

That's pretty stressful then! 

 

Well, I do, luckily, have a sideline, and a lockdown would allow me to potentially work on it full time, which should hopefully bypass much of the stress..

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

The industry I work in, I don't know whether I'll be furloughed again?

Think they have just ended the scheme. o.O

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dave Beans said:

Whether they'll restart it, I don't know?

According to the radio this morning, they are replacing it with something inferior 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MrLibertyRedux
4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I really dislike quite how underhand is the method of arriving at this lockdown.

Government briefs news agencies for two days that second lockdown "may" be coming so it's headline news Thursday and Friday and then when lockdown is announced on Saturday afternoon by Boris it is presented as a foregone conclusion with nobody asking "Why?" because they have been told unofficially that it was coming.

What a bunch of weasels they are in Westminster.

Quite.

I know a number of people who were pretty much fucked already and really are proper fucked this time if they do this.

  • Agree 7
  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

M S E Refugee

It is going to be a long road to recovery with our current population of childish and immature citizens, we are still on the first stage of the 5 rules of WuFlu.

Hopefully we may go to the 2nd stage of anger sometime in November.

  • Denial & Isolation.
  • Anger.
  • Bargaining.
  • Depression
  • Acceptance.                                                                                             
  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I really dislike quite how underhand is the method of arriving at this lockdown.

Government briefs news agencies for two days that second lockdown "may" be coming so it's headline news Thursday and Friday and then when lockdown is announced on Saturday afternoon by Boris it is presented as a foregone conclusion with nobody asking "Why?" because they have been told unofficially that it was coming.

What a bunch of weasels they are in Westminster.

The second lockdown was "leaked" to the press last night.  It seemed as if they wanted to guage the reaction before actually doing it. 

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, eight said:

Somebody somewhere really wants this. I just don't know who, or why.

The presidential election could trigger serious unrest in the US, triggering similar around the world. Maybe they just want people off the streets.

  • Agree 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, eight said:

It was leaked about May time wasn't it?

I'm very sanguine about this development. The reality I live in and that portrayed by the Government/Media alliance have completely parted company, each unrecognisable to the other.

This "Leak it on Friday, implement it on Monday" is just a way to avoid any parliamentary discussion or dissent. It's un-democratic in the extreme and not the way to bring the country along with you.

It's designed to be antagonistic against the people of the UK.

 

  • Agree 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, eight said:

It was leaked about May time wasn't it?

I'm very sanguine about this development. The reality I live in and that portrayed by the Government/Media alliance have completely parted company, each unrecognisable to the other.

It just gets wierder by the day doesn't it? 

I'm trying not to watch too much news, it makes me angry and anxious in equal measure. I will try to live the best I can, and hope for better times. The weather isn't helping is it? 

  • Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, XswampyX said:

It's designed to be antagonistic against the people of the UK.

 

I decided a few weeks back that "they" are now passively trying to kill people. I've seen nothing since to persuade me otherwise.

  • Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MvR said:

The presidential election could trigger serious unrest in the US, triggering similar around the world. Maybe they just want people off the streets.

Whoever wins, there will be trouble. More,  I think if Trump wins. The violent left want trouble, republican supporters will give it to them. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there was ever a time to fight back, now would be the time. 

Where we are heading is not a good place.

It did not have to be this way but for some reason they seam to want it

Edited by spunko
editing as requested
  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...