DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

22 minutes ago, eta-carinae said:

I don't think the trick will work again.

What trick?

Farage and UKIP tapped into a rich seam of anti EU sentiment that existed in the UK and the government at the time were sufficient worried by it that they allowed a referendum on membership, thinking that they would win and neutralise the threat; the rest is history.

There is a significant and growing number of people who are aware of what’s happening, and who know the scamdemic for what it is, arguably much more directly affected by it than they were by the EU, ie lost their jobs, short time working, can’t visit elderly relatives, wedding cancelled, etc, etc, etc.

Id support and vote for absolutely anyone who promised to end this sorry tale of lies and tyranny, I couldn’t give a shit what their other policies looked like, because with this issue, the stakes literally could not be higher.

Edit to add, to reply to @maynardgravy, in our first past the post system, a vote splitter is what team red and team blue fear. It prevents overall majorities and has much more of an effect than it would under a PR system. But I agree, they should all (Fox, Batten, Farage, ETV) band together. But which is greater, their egos or the greater good?

Edited by Mirror Mirror
4 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

The great vote splitter.

The real right needs to gather all these rudderless splinter groups under one united leader. My preference would be Batten. Until then the Consoviets won't be losing any sleep.

Agree. Batten/ Fox/ Farage/ tory rebels.

Fox to be public face. Or Alex Phillips.

Farage wont allow it though.

Going back to first principles with this, nature abhors a vacuum; it’s the same in politics.

Theres no effective opposition in the UK, therefore it’s only a matter of time before something comes along and fills the gap.

The same has happened in Germany. Merkel has turned her party from a nominal centre right party to a centre left one, but still masquerading as centre right. Result vacuum,  result AfD.

1 hour ago, Mirror Mirror said:

What trick?

The Brexit Party pooled the support of the "alternative" right wing and the disenfranchised and squandered it. It further destroyed UKIP, and then itself, with the 2019 campaign decisions.

I don't think many of those people will trust Farage again. It needs to be someone and somewhere else.

Edited by eta-carinae
7 minutes ago, eta-carinae said:

The Brexit Party pooled the support of the "alternative" right wing and the disenfranchised and squandered it. It further destroyed UKIP, and then itself, with the 2019 campaign decisions.

I don't think many of those people will trust Farage again. It needs to be someone and somewhere else.

Ah yes, sorry misunderstood. I quite agree that all these parties need to put their differences aside and get together for the greater good, maybe showing my naivety there though.

8 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Agree. Batten/ Fox/ Farage/ tory rebels.

Fox to be public face. Or Alex Phillips.

Farage wont allow it though.

I'm not sure I'd allow it either, Fox has already been shown to be a bit of an unreliable and reactionary twat with the pedo comment.

To lead a political party you must be measured and willing to bite your tongue occasionally when it serves to better your own credentials.

9 hours ago, stokiescum said:

When is the next election 

2024..   which is why Farage is pissing in the wind with this.   By election day, lockdown will be a dim and distant memory..  and the Tories will be unpopular because of previous public division over Covid, Brexit and the short/medium term economic ripples from each.  People will feel poorer and taxes will have inched higher.

Labour will win the 2024 election on a platform of animosity towards the Tories and by promising to “throw money at the benefits class” while conjuring up free wealth from their backsides.

In reality once in power,  they will do nothing for the poor (they won’t have the money), so will instead focus on taxing the wealthy and productive.  This will placate the benefits class schadenfreude style and Labour will claim a massive social victory..   before the Tories subsequently get back in again and the country begins to return to something of an even keel.  Hopefully.

28 minutes ago, Libspero said:

2024..   which is why Farage is pissing in the wind with this.   By election day, lockdown will be a dim and distant memory..  and the Tories will be unpopular because of previous public division over Covid, Brexit and the short/medium term economic ripples from each.  People will feel poorer and taxes will have inched higher.

Labour will win the 2024 election on a platform of animosity towards the Tories and by promising to “throw money at the benefits class” while conjuring up free wealth from their backsides.

In reality once in power,  they will do nothing for the poor (they won’t have the money), so will instead focus on taxing the wealthy and productive.  This will placate the benefits class schadenfreude style and Labour will claim a massive social victory..   before the Tories subsequently get back in again and the country begins to return to something of an even keel.  Hopefully.

Fucking hell, you deserve a medal for your optimism. 

It is rather clever -- there would seem to be a large overlap in support:

Brexit -- hated by those employed by the state, supported by those in the real world that were actually being affected by EU policy.

Lockdown -- Loved by those employed by the state, hated by those in the real world that are actually being affected by the policy.

3 hours ago, spunko said:

I'm not sure I'd allow it either, Fox has already been shown to be a bit of an unreliable and reactionary twat with the pedo comment.

To lead a political party you must be measured and willing to bite your tongue occasionally when it serves to better your own credentials.

He did seem to drop a bit of a bollock there.

But the young are being impacted by all this shite quite heavily, and at least he would have a glimmer of getting through to them more than Farage. I would go for Alex Phillips anyway.

Smart, attractive-ish female, based.

54 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

He did seem to drop a bit of a bollock there.

But the young are being impacted by all this shite quite heavily, and at least he would have a glimmer of getting through to them more than Farage. I would go for Alex Phillips anyway.

Smart, attractive-ish female, based.

Yes. As much as I like to think the British public aren't swayed by celebrity, they most definitely are. We aren't too dissimilar to the Italians who for example voted in an ex-comedian.

5 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

I don't trust Farage either, but he is extremely effective as a speaker and for gathering public support. It would be better if someone else was made leader of whatever this turns into.

Agreed. People are still looking at this through the 'old normal' lenses, saying things like Farage will never get elected, etc.

That's not the point. We are not in the old normal any more. The machinery of tyranny is in place and, if it wanted, the government could lockdown permanently with little or no resistance. They could postpone elections indefinitely, and there would not be a murmur of protest.

Just as with Brexit, the anti-lockdowners need a figure-head to rally round, and Farage is probably the best bet. Much as I like and admire Mr Fox, I just don't think he has a sufficient following at the moment to do this.