DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Covid cunt #1011 - Hugh Osmund

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

A generation of youngsters has been betrayed: After last orders are called on Wednesday night, many of these businesses will not be re-opening their doors, writes founder of Punch Taverns HUGH OSMOND

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8903445/HUGH-OSMOND-generation-youngsters-betrayed.html

Has Punch Taverns ever cared about its tenents? Hasn't it made a living from redundancy payments?

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Has Punch Taverns ever cared about its tenents? Hasn't it made a living from redundancy payments?

Or its bond holders.

As far as I know the Punch secutisation fuckknowswhatbomb is still active as noone knows how to dismantle it.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2008/09/04/15608/punch-taverns-cliff-risk/

Theres barely a town I visit that doesnt have a handful of boarded up Punch and Enterprise Inns pubs.

8 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Or its bond holders.

As far as I know the Punch secutisation fuckknowswhatbomb is still active as noone knows how to dismantle it.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2008/09/04/15608/punch-taverns-cliff-risk/

Theres barely a town I visit that doesnt have a handful of boarded up Punch and Enterprise Inns pubs.

I've always presumed that they are keeping them simply to borrow against

My village has one, it must be one of their most valuable assets per m2. It will never turn a profit at the rent they charge given it's interior small size. It closes, gets new starry-eyed tenants for a couple of years, closes for a few months, gets new tenants for a couple or years.

If PT sold the property and someone changed it to a tea room the owners would make a killing because of it's location in a key tourist village at the end or a very popular 90min circular coastal walk that is walked year round.

The village has a much larger freehold pub that gets all the pub trade.

Edited by Hopeful
2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

I've always presumed that they are keeping them simply to borrow against

My village has one, it must be one of their most valuable assets per m2. It will never turn a profit at the rent they charge given it's interior small size. It closes, gets new starry-eyed tenants for a couple of years, closes for a few months, gets new tenants for a couple or years.

If PT sold the property and someone changed it to a tea room the owners would make a killing because of it's location in a key tourist village at the end or a very popular 90min circular coastal walk that is walked year round.

The village has a much larger freehold pub that gets all the pub trade.

That would result in two successful businesses employing people. It seems a bit old fashioned for the UK. What about turning them both into blocks of flats?

6 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

That would result in two successful businesses employing people. It seems a bit old fashioned for the UK. What about turning them both into blocks of flats?

It's got a location to die for itwh fantastic outside space and views and interior is ja good size for a tea room but too small for a pub. I'd actually try to buy the place and give it to the GF. With her scones, cakes and quiches and sandwiches, she'd have a tea room that would have people coming from miles around, it would be listed as one of the 10 things 'to do' in the area.

lockdown permitting...

So perhaps not such a great idea.......