DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Have any public sector employees experienced financial difficulties/job losses from Covid or have they been unfairly shielded from the impact and enjoyed a cut in expenditure from commuting?

The financial cost is being borne by the productive sector through job losses, reduced furlough pay and businesses collapsing.

Should the public sector take a pay cut to help out? 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chatting with one of my clients today. She is quite looking forward to lockdown as it will give her much more time to work on her handmade Christmas cards. Which would be OK. Except she is a

It's causing a lot of resentment on Twitter #fullpaywankers   - the strongest advocates of lockdown are those who aren't affected by lockdown.

Furlough ia an Americanism predominately/initially used for public sector staff.  But in public sector controlled UK its peverted and for the private sector only.  They are taking the p*ss atm.  Share

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Reck B said:

Have any public sector employees experienced financial difficulties/job losses from Covid or have they been unfairly shielded from the impact and enjoyed a cut in expenditure from commuting?

The financial cost is being borne by the productive sector through job losses, reduced furlough pay and businesses collapsing.

Should the public sector take a pay cut to help out? 

I was always able to make myself unpopular when colleagues were faced with redundancy by suggesting that they could save jobs if everyone took a pay cut.

20 minutes ago, Bandit Banzai said:

It's causing a lot of resentment on Twitter #fullpaywankers   - the strongest advocates of lockdown are those who aren't affected by lockdown.

I have been quote vocal on twitter calling out the insanity of the lockdown. 

It hurts the poorest by far the largest, everyone that wants one is sure they will still be paid

Bins not emptied again today.  That's another three week wait.  No point filling in the online form.  Did that last time and no response.  I'm not asking for a visit, just them to action their systems from afar.  Presumably at home on full pay paid by those stuck at home without full pay or even without a job.  Yet another total p*ss take.  Work or get furloughed.  End of. 

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Chatting with one of my clients today.

She is quite looking forward to lockdown as it will give her much more time to work on her handmade Christmas cards.

Which would be OK. Except she is a GP.

Dear X

Look forward to NOT seeing you in the New Year

Yours

Your GP

2 hours ago, Malthus said:

The one that drives me nuts is the exhausted nurse just off a 12 hour shift 

They chose to do this to get their working week into 3 days a week , then have loads of days off or fleece the NHS doing bank work 😡

Very true and I used to rip the piss out of the nurses that did this ie shouldn’t you be saveing the nhs but to be fair to them they were general nurses ie useful all our lot were mental health nurses .ive seen shit loads of money wasted carting people off to be superglued at a real hospitle and they can’t even do a fucking catheter.but a general

nurse is normaly qualified I remember one night a new guy was admitted on a pump feed not a single nightshift nurse knew how it operated the daft cunt was basicly trying starve himself to death .then someone says wasn’t mark trained in it at his old place .so im

Teaching 3 nurses how it works .the office got wind of this a sent a nurse in off days to show them aparently I wasn’t good enough but she allowed me to be in the room .im like that’s correct she says I’ve been trained I’m like can you actualy change the peg she says no a district nurse does that I’m like give me a shout if it deflates I can do that has well lol

I knew a female nurse that worked with autistic patients. She was always wearing bruises.

According to her, in the old days, any violent patients soon learned that there were big tough guys that could and would hurt them more than they could hurt anybody else. They were not crazy enough to get second helpings of that.

In my experience of visiting relatives in various different hospitals over the years the nurses never really give the appearance of being rushed off their feet and worked into the ground.

The set up in the big general hospitals seems to be a central nurses station with a number of wards radiating off it and there usually seems to be about 5 nurses on duty at any one time, with 1 or 2 of them doing the rounds administering to patients whilst the other 3 or 4 will just be sat around the central station chatting.

6 hours ago, jm51 said:

According to her, in the old days, any violent patients soon learned that there were big tough guys that could and would hurt them more than they could hurt anybody else. They were not crazy enough to get second helpings of that.

That would be my dad then. He worked in a mental hospital for a long time. Patients that got too gippy went to the "special" hospital, where they weren't allowed out.

7 hours ago, jm51 said:

I knew a female nurse that worked with autistic patients. She was always wearing bruises.

That’s old school it’s vertualy gone the way of the dinosaur there’s still lots of older nurses about that were trained that way,and carers.they used to chemical cosh them has well.to be fair ive only been involved with pining someone down and jabbing them a handful of times .its a last resort but it can be legally done

14 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

That’s old school it’s vertualy gone the way of the dinosaur there’s still lots of older nurses about that were trained that way,and carers.they used to chemical cosh them has well.to be fair ive only been involved with pining someone down and jabbing them a handful of times .its a last resort but it can be legally done

Does this mean you can also bring drugs over the border with the cheap booze?

12 hours ago, Harley said:

Bins not emptied again today.  That's another three week wait.  No point filling in the online form.  Did that last time and no response.  I'm not asking for a visit, just them to action their systems from afar.  Presumably at home on full pay paid by those stuck at home without full pay or even without a job.  Yet another total p*ss take.  Work or get furloughed.  End of. 

The power of DOSBODS - bins just emptied!  Bit confused why one of them kept calling me a c*nt though!

Edited by Harley
1 hour ago, Harley said:

The power of DOSBODS - bins just emptied!  Bit confused why one of them kept calling me a c*nt though!

I used to live in a house at the end of a turning area. The second time they forgot my bin I complained and a scowling bloke came the next day in a smaller wagon and picked it up. Every week after that all the other bins were left on the pavement  outside the house they belonged to but most of the time I had to go fetch mine from the far side of the turning area. It must have had a black mark on it, only visible to a dustbin man's eye.

3 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

I used to live in a house at the end of a turning area. The second time they forgot my bin I complained and a scowling bloke came the next day in a smaller wagon and picked it up. Every week after that all the other bins were left on the pavement  outside the house they belonged to but most of the time I had to go fetch mine from the far side of the turning area. It must have had a black mark on it, only visible to a dustbin man's eye.

Never fall out with the bin men.

I don't give them anything at Christmas

26 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Never fall out with the bin men.

I don't give them anything at Christmas

A few Christmases ago a Postie colleague of mine was delivering to one of his regular customers, a large rural house where the post box was built into the stone gatepost, on top of the gatepost this particular morning was a bottle of expensive Whisky and a card, as he took them he saw the homeowner watching him from the kitchen window so he gave her a cheery wave of acknowledgment for the generous gift.

Later that day back home he cracked open the bottle and opened the card.... ''To our wonderful binmen, Thank you for doing such a great job''  

3 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

As a postie I tend to learn where any of the local councillor bigwigs live, it's always noticeable how much extra care and attention the binmen make on any road where the councillors live, always putting the bins neatly back in the driveways, picking up anything that spills out of the recycling etc

22 minutes ago, Royston said:

A few Christmases ago a Postie  ..................

Later that day back home he cracked open the bottle and opened the card.... ''To our wonderful binmen, Thank you for doing such a great job''  

14 minutes ago, Royston said:

As a postie I tend to learn where any of the local councillor bigwigs live, it's always noticeable how much extra care and attention the binmen make on any road where the councillors live, always putting the bins neatly back in the driveways, picking up anything that spills out of the recycling etc

I always thought the postie was supposed to receive presents via the sorting office rather than accept things whilst out on his round