DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Lauded British comedies that are, in fact, shit.

Spurred on by a post by everyone's second favourite contributor, I shall start:

Withnail and I;

Fawlty Towers;

Monty Python (in fact, anything starring the cuntish John Cleese [except A Fish Called Wanda]);

The Young Ones;

Bottom (in fact, anything starring Rik Mayall and/or Adrian Edmondson).

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anything with James Cordon

Wow, You got everything wrong.   Bread - that is shit personified.

The Vicar of Dibley.   Same tired, predictable jokes every episode. "No, no, no, no, YES." If you find that funny after the first time, I suggest a CAT scan asap.  Dinnerladie

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Ab.Fab.

Little Britain

Little Britain was superb on the radio but, as with many radio shows, generally ignored.

I couldn't believe the TV show when I first saw it  All of their funny original ideas had been eviscerated into a series of single note grotesques.  I was amazed at its popularity because I could barely watch it.

Ab Fab was okay IMO. Though I think it gets plus points for being a wholly female sitcom that wasn't Girls on Top.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

the exception of the Monty Python TV series which was very amateurish - the Monty Python films were generally excellent.

They were all a bit young then. I suppose they were a change from all the "mother-in-law" jokes..

I like the sketch where Mrs Niggerbaiter bought a piston engine, as it was a "bargain". Or maybe I imagined that?

Spike Milligan was very hit or miss. I guess different people find different stuff funny?

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

They were all a bit young then. I suppose they were a change from all the "mother-in-law" jokes..

I like the sketch where Mrs Niggerbaiter bought a piston engine, as it was a "bargain". Or maybe I imagined that?

Spike Milligan was very hit or miss. I guess different people find different stuff funny?

I don't think anyone, even his biggest fans, would describe Spike Milligan as anything other than hit or miss and he probably liked that description.

When he was good he was excellent but much of Q was by the numbers unfunny.

2 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Or Harry Enfield was too expensive?

Men Behaving Badly was created for Harry Enfield as he wanted to try doing a sitcom. After just one series, decided it wasn't for him and left. Also, the first two series were on ITV and pre watershed so are pretty crap compared to the latter series.

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Now that bloke always amuses me. He did a nice double act with Paul Whitehouse.

I agree that Harry Enfield's Television Programme/Harry Endfield and Chums were excellent. But Harry & Paul was absolute bollocks. They seemed to loose the ability to come up with amusing characters.

1 minute ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

I agree that Harry Enfield's Television Programme/Harry Endfield and Chums were excellent. But Harry & Paul was absolute bollocks. They seemed to loose the ability to come up with amusing characters.

My fave Harry Enfield character was "Norbert Smith - A life" about a crappy actor who was a mish-mash of some we know. It's not available on DVD when I last looked