DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

£16M down the drain!

janch

The trend has been for more open plan living "spaces". Knock down a wall, turn it into a kitchen dinner. Turn a bedroom into a living bedroom wash room etc.

Now it's just a space.

42 minutes ago, 201p said:

The trend has been for more open plan living "spaces". Knock down a wall, turn it into a kitchen dinner. Turn a bedroom into a living bedroom wash room etc.

Now it's just a space.

A lot of basement extensions in that part of the world.

43 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

My spider senses detect a juicy insurance claim......

Surely if doing structural work the insurance requires following certain building codes/standards otherwise the insurance is void and if such work causes a collapse that by definition is not following the rules adequately!

1 minute ago, BoSon said:

Surely if doing structural work the insurance requires following certain building codes/standards otherwise the insurance is void and if such work causes a collapse that by definition is not following the rules adequately!

My spidey senses detect a convoy of 3 or 4 Vauxhall Vivaros breaking the sound barrier to get to the tunnel/ferry on time

theres only 1 guy i need to talk to, the guy that put the sofit/lintle up across the top there, its obviously the black box of the building.

The ridiculous thing about this is that whilst the house sold for £16m, if you knock it down and clear the rubble, then the empty site is probably worth £14m.

If we assume that the total floor area is (say) 400m2 and the rebuild cost is £5000 per m2  (and that would get you super high spec) then the cost of the rebuild is around £2m.

3 hours ago, Bornagain said:

The ridiculous thing about this is that whilst the house sold for £16m, if you knock it down and clear the rubble, then the empty site is probably worth £14m.

If we assume that the total floor area is (say) 400m2 and the rebuild cost is £5000 per m2  (and that would get you super high spec) then the cost of the rebuild is around £2m.

It's probably cheaper to rebuild then retrofit anyway.

In an illiquid London property market with prices falling I have been expecting a run of "accidental" fires for the insurance.

Firstly of commercial property and then of residential.

When I saw the headline I thought this was the first but it does sound like useless builders rather than anything else.

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

In an illiquid London property market with prices falling I have been expecting a run of "accidental" fires for the insurance.

Firstly of commercial property and then of residential.

When I saw the headline I thought this was the first but it does sound like useless builders rather than anything else.

I had a thought that the covid response by the uk government is to clear out the cities by hastening the decimation of the high street, and by making city life unattractive while most things are shut and the pokey flat space at silly prices make moving out to a proper house with a garden more attractive.

This would cause a collapse in property prices (residential and commercial) in city centres allowing for 'them' to buy the assets cheap while the value of sterling continues to erode to nothing, ready for the mass turnaround when everything's back to normal and cities become appealing to those craving that way of life.

So rather than use the virus impact for a proper world civilsation reset for the better of the actual people they'll use it to further the same old self-interest they've been using since the medieval robber barons made it impossible to own your own land and live on it.

It's amazing what thoughts come into one's head triggered by seeing mention of David Icke on the bbc website. Just because it's insane doesn't make it impossible. :ph34r:

Archived