DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The Pick a Year / Compilation thread

onlyme

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Snakebite. That takes me back.  

Guessed it would resonate with a few here, if not the music! :D

The local nightclub used to do 50p a pint happy hour - we'd stack up the table - one of those smaller round ones, with 3 or 4 mates the whole table would be covered with whole pints, amazingly never lost the lost or had it nicked.

Edited by onlyme

One percent
11 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Guessed it would resonate with a few here, if not the music! :D

The local nightclub used to do 50p a pint happy hour - we'd stack up the table - one of those smaller round ones, with 3 or 4 mates the whole table would be covered with whole pints, amazingly never lost the lost or had it nicked.

In my yoof, the local pubs banned snakebite. We could not work out why. The suggestions were that it was either because mixing cider with larger turned it into some kind of toxic mix or that it turned it cloudy, meaning it looked like the beer was off, so putting off other patrons.    

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

In my yoof, the local pubs banned snakebite. We could not work out why. The suggestions were that it was either because mixing cider with larger turned it into some kind of toxic mix or that it turned it cloudy, meaning it looked like the beer was off, so putting off other patrons.    

Should have asked for a Diesel. :Passusabeer:

I think they probably banned it due to too many getting bladdered and into fights.

One percent
3 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Should have asked for a Diesel. :Passusabeer:

I think they probably banned it due to too many getting bladdered and into fights.

That's a new one on me.  What was the mix?

11 hours ago, One percent said:

Snakebite. That takes me back.  

Snakebite. That made me sick (copiously, like that girl from the Excorcist.)

12 hours ago, onlyme said:

Pour yourself a Snakebite and Black russian chaser for this one. From the mighty K-tel. 

Modern Dance - K-Tel Compilation (1981)

Great tracks on that.