DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Average daily vitamin D supplementation.  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Average iu per day.

• Over 10000
    • up to 10000
    • up to 5000
    • under 1000
    • Living on sunshine
    • Natural food sources
    • I'm feeling too tired at the moment
  2. 2. How big's your stash?

• 6 months or over
    • 3 months
    • 1 month
    • As and when needed
    • If/when I remember

Was looking up some natural sources of vitamin D. Apparently the Americans fortify their milk and dairy products. And 75% of blacks are lactose intolerant....

Anyway, what is the preferred dose? Fauci takes 6000 iu but I've seen even higher numbers offered. They seem to typically come in 1000 iu capsules. The nhs recommends 400 iu.

Edited by steppensheep
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can't say VitD is useful for Covid because they've done the research and found that people wouldn't take the vaccine if they could get 'enough'/similar protection via a supplement.

Er, each to their own mate. I got them for nowt from work as they were classed as being beyond economic repair. It was economic enough for me, as I pinched all the spare parts...  

Anyone who has even heard of Darwin must wonder why native skin colour varies across the planet. Must be an evolutionary reason. Not discussed because evolution is clearly racist. It also involves win

Posted Images

I've got a bottle of liquid stuff, one drop equals 1000 iu.  When I first started taking thought it would last forever as was just planning on taking in the winter and only the one dose.  Since the world gone a bit loco and a virus on the loose I'm taking usually 3000-4000 a day.  Bottle half empty now but still should be a 6 months to a year at that rate left.

Wanted to get a vit d test a few times but didn't go ahead.  Be pretty pointless if the bottle is dud and would be very interesting knowing my levels after taking consistently for past year etc.  

Not sure if alcohol effect levels but definitely heard age did which I would assume is the reason Fauci taking so much.

Just started on D3 3000iu with K2, it's probably a bit much very strong effect on alertness and sure it's cleared up eyesight significantly. Normally take vit c & zinc in winter and figured I might as well try this to see off the coof quicker if I manage to pick it up but will probably change to 1000iu.

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Huge doses can be, but that's not my point.

Every fucker these days seems to want a pill to fix everything in their life.

Magic beans and Dumbo's ears...

XYY

They have forgotten Jesus. I'm half serious with that, as people who believe nothing may believe anything.

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No you're doing it wrong there.

You actually swallow the pills with a glass of water.

Not me Francis.

I have to be fucking dying before I'll put any pill in my body. Especially when I'm being told to do so by a bunch of random internet nutters...

XYY

4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Not me Francis.

I have to be fucking dying before I'll put any pill in my body. Especially when I'm being told to do so by a bunch of random internet nutters...

XYY

It's OK. Stuff available at any corner supermarket.

3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Not me Francis.

XYY

Nobody who lives a proper healthy life and eats a proper complete diet needs pills.

But, I've never met anyone who fulfils the above except for temporary periods here and there.

If you're not stark naked outside for long periods in winter then you will be deficient in vitamin D. Probably one or two other things. As in "your body needs it but you're not giving it any."

How you sort that is up to you. Most people find pills/supplements the most convenient.

3 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Nobody who lives a proper healthy life and eats a proper complete diet needs pills.

But, I've never met anyone who fulfils the above except for temporary periods here and there.

If you're not stark naked outside for long periods in winter then you will be deficient in vitamin D. Probably one or two other things. As in "your body needs it but you're not giving it any."

How you sort that is up to you. Most people find pills/supplements the most convenient.

I would broadly agree with you if people were taking the odd supplement, but it is clear as day to me that many posters on here will take anything they can get their grubby paws on to protect them from some imaginary malaise that they probably don't have.

Hypochondriacs, pure and fucking simple...

XYY

Just now, The XYY Man said:

I'm afraid that I'm not fooled that easily.

If it's not endorsed by Alvin Stardust, then I ain't buying the fucker...

XYY

What about Dave Hill? I reckon I would like Joe's record collection better than yours.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

What about Dave Hill? I reckon I would like Joe's record collection better than yours.

Quite likely, as I have no record collection. My ex-wife sold them all, along with my fruit-machine and jukebox.

Her tits were superb though, and I often got to fiddle with them.  So I did the Christian thing and forgave her...

XYY