DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

steppensheep

Average daily vitamin D supplementation.  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

They are currently studying 1 mill people. So its hardly limited input. Its easy to perform statistical analysis on the numbers of people taking vit D and their response. Id say its probably as good a sample size and the test youre going to get.

I meant 'limited' with regards the quality of the data, not quantity.

swiss_democracy_for_all
3 hours ago, ccc said:

I'm guessing most people long ago lived near the sea or / and rivers in the UK for obvious reasons ? 

Yes, and salmon runs would have been a big thing, coincidentally providing a source of dietary Vitamin D right before winter (and during winter, if they dried or otherwise preserved some of the fish)

• Informative 1

6 hours ago, Soft lad said:

get over to France and ask for a Andouillette.  Next level grossness.

Go to france and ask for pretty much any of their genuine 'cuisine'....  French food is rank, most over-rated in the world.

• Agree 2

Yadda yadda yadda
7 hours ago, Soft lad said:

I've looked these up and apparently they're AAAAA rated. This makes them way more efficient than my fridge. Presumably I just leave them somewhere near the back and all the actual food stays fresher for longer.

• Lol 1

Hail the Tripod
2 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I was expecting it to be that cheese with live Maggots in or the Norwegian fish in a tin that smells of a 1000 dead arses

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Thats the one. Strange one to watch, as her tits are rather engrossing.

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard
  • Lol 1

13 hours ago, Dogtania said:

Agree that ancestors would have got a lot from fish etc... But I'm not ruling out either levels being previously higher in said food stuffs or whether the cave men sometimes just walked around tired and deficient (evolution obviously did it's thing over time with lighter skin tone etc)

400 generations or so ago northern latitudes were under ice and 'the humans that became Europeans' were sunning themselves on the Med, and getting enough vitD in the process.  Sure, we don't get enough now, but we've not had enough time to adapt (and have been deficient in winter since we've been here).

Perhaps no-one talked about being tired and deficient back then because everyone there was to talk to (Ugg and Ogg) were also deficient, and they just thought it was normal.

[Also, it is darker in winter and they didn't have electric lighting*, so perhaps they just spent more time sleeping and thus weren't so tired in the daytime]

[* the aliens gave them the technology 250,000 years ago, but the stupid cavemen didn't take proper notes]

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, dgul said:

400 generations or so ago northern latitudes were under ice and 'the humans that became Europeans' were sunning themselves on the Med, and getting enough vitD in the process.  Sure, we don't get enough now, but we've not had enough time to adapt (and have been deficient in winter since we've been here).

Perhaps no-one talked about being tired and deficient back then because everyone there was to talk to (Ugg and Ogg) were also deficient, and they just thought it was normal.

[Also, it is darker in winter and they didn't have electric lighting*, so perhaps they just spent more time sleeping and thus weren't so tired in the daytime]

[* the aliens gave them the technology 250,000 years ago, but the stupid cavemen didn't take proper notes]

xD

well, the former is a valid point and it's often easy to disregard the epic timeframes -for me- that evolution goes by - ie 10,000 years feels like a gigantic period of time, but in actual fact is nothing.

I'm sure if everyone was borderline Haemophilic, then it would be normal and ogg would just be extra gentle in love making etc.  Over time the less prone to the extremes of the condition would win out - or so say evolution.  So yeah, maybe they either hibernated more or were walking zombies for many thousands of years

4 hours ago, Dogtania said:

xD

well, the former is a valid point and it's often easy to disregard the epic timeframes -for me- that evolution goes by - ie 10,000 years feels like a gigantic period of time, but in actual fact is nothing.

I'm sure if everyone was borderline Haemophilic, then it would be normal and ogg would just be extra gentle in love making etc.  Over time the less prone to the extremes of the condition would win out - or so say evolution.  So yeah, maybe they either hibernated more or were walking zombies for many thousands of years

Scotland. 8,000 years ago. December. 4pm. Dark. 2c. Pissing with sleet and rain. 

Not many people going to be out and about. :D

I think doing as little as possible just to stay warm and fed and alive in winter is highly likely. Semi hibernation. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, ccc said:

Scotland. 8,000 years ago. December. 4pm. Dark. 2c. Pissing with sleet and rain. 

I think doing as little as possible just to stay warm and fed and alive in winter is highly likely. Semi hibernation. 

You're also not going to have 30 People back then squashed in a micropub with condensation dripping from the windows...

3 hours ago, ccc said:

Yeah sounds so grim putting it that way.

Scotland grim enough with the luxuries of central heating and hot water on two tap.

I dare say they were hard as nails, drank lots of booze, kept good fires stocked and wore only the warmest furs from wolves or even woolly mammoth if far back enough.

Still damn grim and would much rather be born black on the savannah

1 hour ago, Stuey said:

You're also not going to have 30 People back then squashed in a micropub with condensation dripping from the windows...

No but probably smelly cave hovel with wet dog smell and sweat and cooked fat dripping from the walls

3 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Yeah sounds so grim putting it that way.

Scotland grim enough with the luxuries of central heating and hot water on two tap.

I dare say they were hard as nails, drank lots of booze, kept good fires stocked and wore only the warmest furs from wolves or even woolly mammoth if far back enough.

Still damn grim and would much rather be born black on the savannah

Winter would be brutal. But summer on a nice day with all the amazing beaches, rivers or lochs around. 

No pollution and almost no other folk around ? Loads of fish and wild food everywhere. Would be amazing. 

Then you die of syphiliss. 

8 minutes ago, ccc said:

Winter would be brutal. But summer on a nice day with all the amazing beaches, rivers or lochs around. 

No pollution and almost no other folk around ? Loads of fish and wild food everywhere. Would be amazing. 

😅 Was going to add in that there would be as lot of promiscuity, guess in winter to keep warm but probably in summer too with spirits high and lots of skinny dipping.

Wild food great, no going to cubicle office or listening to creeps on TV telling you what to do.

The stars and night sky would be icing on cake.

Would feel so alive especially after coming close to death but winning out by brutally murdering the family that had started encroaching on your territory down the glen

• Agree 1

Hail the Tripod
27 minutes ago, ccc said:

Harsh environment with very low population density. Probably not a lot of disease about. It’s only really with urbanisation you get a lot of problems with disease.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Harsh environment with very low population density. Probably not a lot of disease about. It’s only really with urbanisation you get a lot of problems with disease.

Jocks shag a lot in shitty weather :Old:

• Lol 1

22 hours ago, Soft lad said:

I knew someone who said a client ordered some for him at a French restaurant. But he was full of shit.

On 03/12/2020 at 11:17, Soft lad said:

One of my favourite dishes - I always have to order it when I’m in France. But yes, it looks (and smells) like turd in mustard sauce, but to me tastes great! 

3 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

One of my favourite dishes - I always have to order it when I’m in France. But yes, it looks (and smells) like turd in mustard sauce, but to me tastes great! 

Kidneys can be a but uric but otherwise no problem. I'd buy lamb's heart but not a clue how to cook it.

Edited by Stuey
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Kidneys can be a but uric but otherwise no problem. I'd buy lamb's heart but not a clue how to cook it.

Me neither - steamed? I’ve been wanting to try stuffed beef heart. The Turks do chicken heart kebabs - offally good!

• Lol 1

Looking at k2 supplements and seems as cheap to buy with d3.

The same brand and dose of d3 I presently use is actually far cheaper with k2.  I mentioned before i bought last November for £6 and it's now £16.  The d3/k2 combo is only £10.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vitamin-1000iu-MK7-50mcg-Drops/dp/B08BG2Y4MK/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=vitamin+k2&qid=1607125374&sprefix=vitamin+k&sr=8-13

Thinking might as well just buy rather than separate k2 which doesn't seem any cheaper.

Guessing all the interest in d3 has massively inflated the price but not so for the combo.