DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Remember the 5th of November

5th November fake anyway. A christian attempt to whitewash and de-paganise the original festival of Samhain. When I was a kid it was all about eating black food (parkin, black peas) and a burning man

8 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

5th November fake anyway. A christian attempt to whitewash and de-paganise the original festival of Samhain. When I was a kid it was all about eating black food (parkin, black peas) and a burning man

Are you sure you're not confusing with Halloween ?

5th of November has a very specific association with Guy Fawkes etc,  no?

15 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Your thinking of all saints day the day after Halloween ie every saints day full power of the church not just one saint .they pushed it has a celebration many years ago .

Edited by stokiescum

The festival of Samhain (gaelic word I think pronounced sow-wayne) was the end of the agricultural year. Hence the association with death i.e. the crops have been reaped/harvested. Many cultures have "day of the dead" and "all saints day" equivalents.

As is well known the christianisation of the UK was unable to stamp out the old traditional festivals. Instead they reskinned them into sanitised versions hence fakery such as guy fawkes, halloween, and similar relatively modern stuff.

It basically marks the sun's geocentric move into the sign of Scorpio, one of the ancient Calendar Beasts. Traditionally a time when the veil between life and death is thinnest therefore a time for communicating with dead ancestors and spooky stuff of that nature.

14 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

The festival of Samhain (gaelic word I think pronounced sow-wayne) was the end of the agricultural year. Hence the association with death i.e. the crops have been reaped/harvested. Many cultures have "day of the dead" and "all saints day" equivalents.

As is well known the christianisation of the UK was unable to stamp out the old traditional festivals. Instead they reskinned them into sanitised versions hence fakery such as guy fawkes, halloween, and similar relatively modern stuff.

It basically marks the sun's geocentric move into the sign of Scorpio, one of the ancient Calendar Beasts. Traditionally a time when the veil between life and death is thinnest therefore a time for communicating with dead ancestors and spooky stuff of that nature.

No fakery with bonfire night go for Christmas Easter all saints day and any other major Christian thing .they replaced one celebration with another ps there should not be a guy on the bonfire traditionally it’s the popes effergy

Edited by stokiescum
3 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Indeed - I live near a large cemetery, and last Sunday was the day in the year when it’s chockablock with Portuguese(mainly) paying respects to their dead.