DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

reporting content

9 minutes ago, spunko said:

I don't wish to rant but please can everyone read the following.

The report a post function should not be used as a 'joke' nor should it be used to report something you simply disagree with. 

If you aren't quite sure if a post should be flagged or not then don't use the report a post function.

Please only use it when you are completely sure a post should be removed. ie if it's spam or clearly illegal.

The report a post function shouldn't be used for things like alerting me to a typo or a post in the wrong subforum. If in any doubt please send me a PM instead.

Finally if you do report a post and think it should clearly be removed please state why. Empty reports are a pain as I then need to go through the last 3 pages to understand what's going on....

Cheers B|

I would normally report this port, using the red alerting feature, but, given the forgoing, will just reply.

There should be a comma between the word "rant" and "but".

Could this be the first forum rule?

Tbh actually that was very worth posting because I didn't realise that:

Please only use it when you are completely sure a post should be removed. ie if it's spam or clearly illegal.

I'm not sure but don't think I have ever reported anything; fortunately when I do accidentally press it on my phone it's easy to cancel.

7 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Reporting posts is for poofs...! 

XYY

Crying to mummy.

If you disagree with something just 'get amongst it'.

THIS IS DOSBODS where free speech is more important than feelings.

Ban the cunts who can't handle it, save their mums having to boil wash their pyjamas.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Could this be the first forum rule?

Tbh actually that was very worth posting because I didn't realise that:

I'm not sure but don't think I have ever reported anything; fortunately when I do accidentally press it on my phone it's easy to cancel.

I don't really want to make it a rule as it's a bit draconian; rather it's just a notice.

Whenever a flagged post report comes through I get an email and alert on my phone, regardless of the time so it's a bit annoying getting a notification at 3AM which wakes me up, only to find it's because someone has posted something in the wrong forum. xD

14 minutes ago, spunko said:

I don't really want to make it a rule as it's a bit draconian; rather it's just a notice.

Whenever a flagged post report comes through I get an email and alert on my phone, regardless of the time so it's a bit annoying getting a notification at 3AM which wakes me up, only to find it's because someone has posted something in the wrong forum. xD

Do have have an option of flag levels?

Level 1 - Posted in wrong thread.

Level 2 - Chinky get-rich spammer

Level 3 - Nudey underage [piccies

Level 4- cuntychops posting arse pics.

?

6 hours ago, blobloblob said:

I wish to report Bkkandrew's post for suggesting it's acceptable to place a comma before the word but.

This kind of grammatical heresy cannot be allowed to remain published.

Surely this is a micro aggression?

10 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

So, move?

We'll be "allowed" to have the pubs back on December 2 so moving out of England would be a bit of a nut/sledgehammer.

Cambodia does sound nice though from the bits you've said.

7 hours ago, spunko said:

Easily dealt with Spunkers. Set up an auto reply email to every reported post containing the infamous picture of @The XYY Man's saggy ring piece.

That'll put a stop to it.

I think this forum has got a bit heated of late over coronavirus and now over the US election.

Let us all take a step back - we're here to have friendly banter/discussion.

If the right Honorable gentleman has got under ones nerves, let us not use the "Report" feature to avenge our feelings.

Life is too short.

22 minutes ago, 201p said:

I think this forum has got a bit heated of late over coronavirus and now over the US election.

I can't see how our analyses and opinions of either or both of those topics is heated. We're clearly not accepting the lamestream media's opinion but I don't think we're getting heated or aggressive. 

24 minutes ago, 201p said:

Life is too short.

Yeah but we need to adapt to the situation we encounter.