DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Van crash investigation team required in aisle 1 please.

I'm in a long wheel base sprinter, no dash cam, no witnesses and probably fucked but the boss has my back and has instructed our insurers that we will not accept any blame whatsoever.

The incident started at a T junction where I entered the main road from a side road as a car was turning left into the road I was leaving, he flashed me out.

As I left Mr Dick, in the 208 GTI, floored it to close the gap I was entering on the main road and exaggerated the situation by slamming on and banging on his horn.

No issue, carried on.

Half a mile down the road the road bears left and splits into two lanes. One left hand turn, one right. I was turning left, kept left and was slowing for a red light 50 yards ahead.

Mr Dick took to the right hand lane, overtook me, pulled in and slammed on to avoid hitting the standing traffic at the lights.

Very slow speed, very little damage.

Now the probable upshot is were fooked but I am trying to script the best possible statement for the insurance forms.

I could think of no better, more upstanding, honest and honorable folk than the patrons of this venerable establishment to ask so, well, I'm asking.

HELP!!!

If you hit him from the rear it's very difficult to get it non fault. If you had a dash cam it might have helped. I had the situation where I tapped (and I mean tapped) a learner driver at an island. The instructor didn't claim but the learner did and for personal injury no less. I told my insurance company it was fraudulent and I would be unhappy if they payed up but they said that if I hit them from the rear however light it was my fault and they would pay her out. I wish I had hit her harder.

6 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

I'm in a long wheel base sprinter, no dash cam, no witnesses and probably fucked but the boss has my back and has instructed our insurers that we will not accept any blame whatsoever.

The incident started at a T junction where I entered the main road from a side road as a car was turning left into the road I was leaving, he flashed me out.

As I left Mr Dick, in the 208 GTI, floored it to close the gap I was entering on the main road and exaggerated the situation by slamming on and banging on his horn.

No issue, carried on.

Half a mile down the road the road bears left and splits into two lanes. One left hand turn, one right. I was turning left, kept left and was slowing for a red light 50 yards ahead.

Mr Dick took to the right hand lane, overtook me, pulled in and slammed on to avoid hitting the standing traffic at the lights.

Now the probable upshot is were fooked but I am trying to script the best possible statement for the insurance forms.

I could think of no better, more upstanding, honest and honorable folk than the patrons of this venerable establishment to ask so, well, I'm asking.

HELP!!!

Were you wearing a mask at the time of impact?

If not, I hope you like communal showers.

Edited by Wight Flight
4 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

No issue, carried on.

HELP!!!

Do you think it was a staged accident ? 

If you really want to muddy the waters say you saw his reversing light come on 😜

Just now, Option5 said:

Well, there I was, driving along in my 208GTI when this idiot in a Mercedes van ploughed into the back  of me at a set of traffic lights.........:Old:

It was a Treen freighter from your homeworld, Mekon. You will have them executed.

4 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

If you hit him from the rear it's very difficult to get it non fault. If you had a dash cam it might have helped. I had the situation where I tapped (and I mean tapped) a learner driver at an island. The instructor didn't claim but the learner did and for personal injury no less. I told my insurance company it was fraudulent and I would be unhappy if they payed up but they said that if I hit them from the rear however light it was my fault and they would pay her out. I wish I had hit her harder.

Yes, agree. Know of several incidents, but one friend who had something similar happen had a dashcam as soon as they were available as a result.

Two incidents where very light taps, cars in front put in personal injury claims that were clearly nonesense.

I'd go for it anyway, but prepare to be dissapointed.

2 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Do you think it was a staged accident ? 

If you really want to muddy the waters say you saw his reversing light come on 😜

That did actually happen to me. Was driving up a country lane, following a bmw at a reasonable distance. Some lady flagged the bmw to stop, and I pulled up behind him. He had a quick word with the lady, got pissed off, slammed his car in reverse and without looking rammed in to me.

He then got out and accused me of driving in to him.

He was slightly surprised when the young lady came up and explained that they were filming a scene (for Sherlock Holmes I think) which is why they had stopped him, and then pointed out the three or four cameras pointing at his car.

He backed down.

19 minutes ago, Panther said:

An aggressive overtaking move after failing to stay in the correct lane causing me to brake unduly

Although that's the truth of it without any proof they will side with the 208 driver.

Many years ago I knew someone who was knowingly driving a car with both brake lights defective. Eventually, someone ran into the back of them. They blamed it on the lack of brake lights (true) this was denied (both the brake lights now smashed).

Leave it the insurers and move on.

Oh, and get a dashcam.

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

God sees everything.

God used to be a good witness, but then for some reason the insurance companies started blaming loads of things on Him.  It's no surprise that He doesn't get involved these days, and just leaves insurance matters for the mortals to sort out.

59 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Describe him as a maniac, maybe even a deranged maniac, add in a bit where you cannot believe he was not possessed, the way he was driving...

I drove near a car garage today and a chap was taking a Volkswagen for I expect a test drive which seemed to involve accelerating to 60mph (or maybe the back to the future scene) in a 30mph zone. I was turning right and he had his foot to the floor. Lucky I didn’t turn right.