DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Half a bottle and pissed and lifes great

11 hours ago, DTMark said:

Wait til you get to your forties. The "morning after" lasts for about a day and a half.

When I was working in the City with its booze culture I used to get that, what I referred to as a "two day hangover", but that was from not giving the body a rest from it.  Two weeks off it and the hangover was back to just the morning after a session.

I haven't had that since; hangovers are if anything less but probably because I'm no longer going down the pub with people who can drink twenty pints whilst not counting how many I have had.

12 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

I take my hat off to your ability to tolerate booze- half a bottle of whisky and I'd be incapable of standing up let alone typing on a phone. For comparison, two bottles of wine has about the same amount of alcohol.

What sort of cats piss are you drinking then?;)

A whole bottle has about 28 units and I had less then half, 12 units max which maybe is a little over I bottle of wine coming in at 10 units.

16 minutes ago, spunko said:

All joking aside I always wonder how the fook do you get toenails like that.

-

Strangely drinking spirits first then beer after seems to reduce any hangover. It's only when you do it the other way round that things get a bit shit.

I think it's too much effort getting pissed on beer alone, 10 pints of high carb bulky liquid is just too much form. Don't mind a few beers mixed in with a few malts though.

3 hours ago, haroldshand said:

What sort of cats piss are you drinking then?;)

A whole bottle has about 28 units and I had less then half, 12 units max which maybe is a little over I bottle of wine coming in at 10 units.

Eh? Whisky is around 45% ethanol. E.g.this one:

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lcbo/crown-royal-northern-harvest-rye-434092

And wine is somewhere between 10 and 15. E.g. this one is 12.5:

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lcbo/pisse-dru-beaujolais-2881?vmpContextPage=category&vmpContextItem=3074457345616679269&vmpBin=1#.X6k-a8DEiEd

So, not exactly 4 times as strong but pretty close.

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Eh? Whisky is around 45% ethanol. E.g.this one:

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lcbo/crown-royal-northern-harvest-rye-434092

And wine is somewhere between 10 and 15. E.g. this one is 12.5:

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lcbo/pisse-dru-beaujolais-2881?vmpContextPage=category&vmpContextItem=3074457345616679269&vmpBin=1#.X6k-a8DEiEd

So, not exactly 4 times as strong but pretty close.

Ehh back?

I go by units as do the majority of people. A 700ml bottle of whiskey is around 28 units, one bottle of wine is around 10 units and sometimes more.

Those are the facts

1 minute ago, haroldshand said:

Ehh back?

I go by units as do the majority of people. A 700ml bottle of whiskey is around 28 units, one bottle of wine is around 10 units and sometimes more.

Those are the facts

No, the facts are the amount of ethanol - as measured in a lab - in what you’re drinking.

1 minute ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Blimey, Harold, are you Tdog reborn?

It is the first time I have snapped at anyone on this board:)

It is a light heartened thread and when he made it all serious I just went with it to be polite and then he then starts lecturing.

I bet you if anyone does take  and interest in how much they knock back over 90% go on units and not the crap he is on about, and being the case one whole 700ml bottle of whiskey has less the three bottles of units.

6 hours ago, haroldshand said:

It is the first time I have snapped at anyone on this board:)

It is a light heartened thread and when he made it all serious I just went with it to be polite and then he then starts lecturing.

I bet you if anyone does take  and interest in how much they knock back over 90% go on units and not the crap he is on about, and being the case one whole 700ml bottle of whiskey has less the three bottles of units.

The problem is that you are calling it like CNN and Fox. He's telling you that the science makes the judgment.