DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Could online dating improve?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely spot on. So many women on these dating sites are pulling the same stupid poses that someone has seemingly told them that's what a 'hot' woman does. They look ridiculous. I'm seein

Online dating will only improve when I sign up for it.

Yes, probably. But I know their response times.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, sam1994 said:

Given that there’s a lockdown, albeit brief; could we actually see some quality birds on online dating sites? 

I did a search of dating direct in the early hours. I was surprised, within a 50 mile of myself, to see some very physically attractive looking ladies on there. No idea to their mental attractiveness.  Lots of Chinese and East European ones as well. Some clearly fake. Some with profile photos taken in South Wales.

Most wrote sod all about themselves. Majority relying on their looks. Dating online is the nightclubs of the modern times.

I am told that FB dating is being ramped up in the UK. I am not on FB so have no idea.

I notice on Trustpilot that all the dating sites continue to have pretty damning reviews, especially with regard to continuing to take money, allegedly, from people's accounts and making it very difficult, if not impossible, to cancel their subscription. I avoid dating sites for this reason.

I had a lovely conversation with a stunning early late 30-something divorcee yesterday in the local park. Her daughter was on the swings. The woman seemed reluctant to see me leave. Is she desperate for an older man or just desperate for lockdown conversations. LOL.

6 hours ago, sam1994 said:

Given that there’s a lockdown, albeit brief; could we actually see some quality birds on online dating sites?

No. Nice bit of wishful thinking though.

Quality birds have a number of men in their social and work lives and on their social media who want to get with them.

When they find themselves single, they date one or more of these men and they're not single again before long.

Edited by JoeDavola

I remember years ago trying out a dating site 6 months after my divorce, though there were some nice people using them so many were on a mission

1.  How much did you earn

2. Do you own a house

3. How much did you have tucked away in cash

All of course done in a subtle way and so many of them easy to suss out even before you wasted your time meeting them. I am more a English rose type of bloke rather than the reality show type image and trout pout lover and liked to see a big smile and girl in walking boots who does not mind getting her hands dirty :)

Sticking a fake pair of tits in my face and endless hours looking in the mirror does not do it for me, the type of girls I am looking for I will never find on a dating site

4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Absolutely spot on.

So many women on these dating sites are pulling the same stupid poses that someone has seemingly told them that's what a 'hot' woman does. They look ridiculous.

I'm seeing more and more who are getting those horrible lip injections.

Whereas as you say, a warm smile and a pair of walking boots is far more inviting.

By the way; fresh off Tinder:

image.png.680adcc2e384d5dd537d677bf5754012.png

....put the word out lads! The 35 year old single mother is ready to settle for you!

I have the approach that I would sooner be on my own than with the wrong person. I read so many of the profiles and thought how do so many blokes fall for this, so many of the women with the attitude of "what I want", you just know your bank account will be raided first chance she got. I have already paid out over 50% of my wealth in settlements and OK with it I might add as she deserved every penny, but I will be fucked if I hand over handful of dosh to someone  who thinks breast enlargements and blowing you off like an expert is a  good enough reason to financially take you to the cleaners  :)

My pet hate of mine on them was the statement "looking for a man who knows how to treat a lady", Yep I knew what that meant

17 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Anyone fancy some "constructive confrontation"?

image.png.9206770a418a68e14db8f3c02c8ce32f.png

Don't see a problem with that particularly. "Constructive confrontation" could just mean someone who has opinions and is interested in talking about them and engaging in debate - very positive qualities that I look for too. And as Eliliz probably speaks English as a second language I'd give her the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Just now, Butthead said:

Don't see a problem with that particularly. "Constructive confrontation" could just mean someone who has opinions and is interested in talking about them and engaging in debate - very positive qualities that I look for too. And as Eliliz probably speaks English as a second language I'd give her the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Perhaps just a cultural difference - just sounds a bit serious, for an opening 'getting to know you' paragraph - more like what you'd hear if you were in a meeting with HR.

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Perhaps just a cultural difference - just sounds a bit serious, for an opening 'getting to know you' paragraph - more like what you'd hear if you were in a meeting with HR.

Yeah but she's 37 and looking for a relationship, so for her this is serious!

When i was on PoF, i almost always had my profile hidden. This was for 2 reasons. It made me the hunter and it hopefully kept the fugly mugshots away from search indexing. Always had it in the back of my mind that my profile pics would be "pinched". Not that im a Brad Pitt.

I don't think PoF is indexed anymore. I have zero interest in returning to dating sites.

8 minutes ago, Errol said:

Most women mentioned here seem to be post-wall, looking for a man to provide easy money and a sexless relationship.

Avoid them at all costs.

Most scrapper birds on dating sites may be looking for that, but to say most women is crazy, misogynistic, and more than that is creating a belief system that leads inevitably to a failure to get what you really want.

Consider a world with 5 women and 5 men.

5 women:

One woman is happily married

One woman is single, and hangs out with friends.

One woman is single, and goes walking at the weekends where she hopes she might meet someone.

One woman is single, and busy with work as well as volunteering, local clubs and societies

One woman is single, and on dating sites where she hooks up and tries to get the best man she can.

5 men:

One man is happily married to the woman above

Four men are single, and turn to dating sites. There they all match with the one woman, who has her choice between them at least for a while. One she ignores completely, so he becomes resentful of women. One she dates but rejects, so he becomes resentful too. One she dates, fucks, then gets dumped because of her needyness and hypergamy, so she becomes resentful as well. So she turns to the fourth who is understandably reluctant to get involved.

Four out of five men have a negative view of women, because they have all had negative interactions with the same woman on a dating site. But only one out of five women is actually a mental slutty nutcase, the other four are content in a relationship or open to a relationship if they meet someone they like.

Dating sites ruin both men and women and their perceptions of each other. Get off dating sites!!!

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

The ones that crack me up are 

1.  Hate liars

2. Hate cheats

3. Hate perverts stay away

4. Hate axe murderers 

They say it like most other women like these traits in their men