DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

two minute silent hand clap

I'm cross.

• For weeks we had a stupid NHS hand clap -- to celebrate all those brave NHS workers risking almost certain death doing their duty.
  • Today we have just an annual silence to commemorate all those WWI soldiers, and from other conflicts, who spent all their time choreographing dance moves.

How many were outside, silently not clapping?  Bugger all.

Not that I mind people not standing there -- people have different morals and desire to take part in this sort of thing -- it is that the happy clappy crowd, with all of their righteousness, just weren't there.

Once a year.  It is hardly a chore.

The nation has gone to pot.  

Edited by dgul
7 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'm cross.

• For weeks we had a stupid NHS hand clap -- to celebrate all those brave NHS workers risking almost certain death doing their duty.
  • Today we have just an annual silence to commemorate all those WWI soldiers, and from other conflicts, who spent all their time choreographing dance moves.

How many were outside, silently not clapping?  Bugger all.

Not that I mind people not standing there -- people have different morals and desire to take part in this sort of thing -- it is that the happy clappy crowd, with all of their righteousness, just weren't there.

Once a year.  It is hardly a chore.

The nation has gone to pot.  

They'll be out next year clapping the dead from the next unwanted war (starting early 2021). 

The local gathering doesn't look very social distancing. 
The council had organised a wreath laying to be recorded and broadcast at 11am. This didn't stop quite a few go down.
Normally the road is closed after the parade, but this year they were confined to the memorial area and pavement. 

Remembering my late father a veteran of Imjin River, Korea 1951.  Last ever bayonet charge by the British Army and the last time ever the order went out, “every man for himself”.   Please remember today the 800 lads from the Gloucesters, the Northumberlands and the Irish Regiments who never came home.  We will remember them.

11 minutes ago, Errol said:

Did he talk about his experience much?

How did he survive?

Imjin River has been described as the greatest defensive action ever in the history of the British Army.  3000 troops from the UK stopped the Chinese taking Seoul.   
Hence the problems today.  

3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

The local gathering doesn't look very social distancing. 
The council had organised a wreath laying to be recorded and broadcast at 11am. This didn't stop quite a few go down.
Normally the road is closed after the parade, but this year they were confined to the memorial area and pavement. 

Our local parade normally consists of a good few hundred ex-forces, cadets, boys brigade, coppers, St John's, Salvation Army and members of the public. It does a circuit of the entire village and passes our house on the way to the war memorial. The public are usually encouraged to follow the parade to the ceremony.

Today it was about 30 people representing the various forces, and they were only allowed to walk the 200 yards or so from the Co-op to the memorial. People were told to stay away, but a few of us turned up to watch. We were not allowed to join the parade. 

I cannot think of anything sadder this year than what this fucking COVID bollocks has done to a wonderful tradition.

Boil in Hell all you spineless politician cunts...

XYY

5 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

They'll be out next year clapping the dead from the next unwanted war (starting early 2021). 

President Harris' war won't be unwanted. It will be the right thing to do*. I'm sure Jeremy Corbyn is now very glad he didn't win the general election after all. They will make Boris dance and sing like a demented fairy in defence of whatever illegal wars they want to start - and they still won't give him a trade deal.

*(C) Tony B Liar 2003