Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Woah, I'm going to Barbados


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

$2000    Fairly dear sunshine

Seems reasonable enough to me.  There's plenty of folk that could make the numbers add up (inc flights, rent, etc) -- although I'd have to see the tax implication.

I find it fascinating -- ATM the UK provinces are getting all excited about the rich folk from London moving down for a remote-working life.  I reckon they'll get the dossers and the retired folk (ie, that cost cash for the local authorities) while the actual wealth creators will be going to sunnier climates.  And the dossers will push up property prices, without any positive GDP offset.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrPin said:

That's 10 years worth in NI.

How much is a work visa for Piston-da-Hooner?  Can you get us mates rates?

Assuming any work goes on there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spunko said:

The cost of housing/real estate on Barbados is fucking outrageous, so I'm not sure who this is trying to appeal to. If I were wealthy enough to live on Barbados as an ex-pat I wouldn't be 'remote working', I'd be retiring and playing golf.

Go on fact not rumour..

"Barbados offers a wide range of accommodation from budget-friendly studios to beachfront luxury condos."

Taken from that link - my bags are packed 😂

*I'm gathering it's only budget friendly if you're sitting on oodles of cash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Go on fact not rumour..

"Barbados offers a wide range of accommodation from budget-friendly studios to beachfront luxury condos."

Taken from that link - my bags are packed 😂

*I'm gathering it's only budget friendly if you're sitting on oodles of cash.

A budget friendly studio looks like it'll still cost about £2k sterling a month.

Although I found this, seems very cheap:

https://www.point2homes.com/BB/Condo-For-Rent/St-James/Sunset-Crest/Golden-View-Sunset-Crest-Holetown-St-James-Barbados/97764259.html

Wooden houses in the Caribbean are cheaper but they might not be around long. I had a look at moving there a few years ago but went cold on the idea after seeing how divided it is (very poor and very rich, no inbetween).

19% of Barbadians are below the poverty line, whatever that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, spunko said:

A budget friendly studio looks like it'll still cost about £2k sterling a month.

Although I found this, seems very cheap:

https://www.point2homes.com/BB/Condo-For-Rent/St-James/Sunset-Crest/Golden-View-Sunset-Crest-Holetown-St-James-Barbados/97764259.html

Wooden houses in the Caribbean are cheaper but they might not be around long. I had a look at moving there a few years ago but went cold on the idea after seeing how divided it is (very poor and very rich, no inbetween).

19% of Barbadians are below the poverty line, whatever that is.

It gives us hope then ..  not sure I can pull pints remotely but I'll ask the question to my employer 😁

Poverty is relative - if you have food in your belly and sunshine then Barbados would be a better place to be poor than Whitmore Reans, Wolverhampton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spunko said:

A budget friendly studio looks like it'll still cost about £2k sterling a month.

Although I found this, seems very cheap:

https://www.point2homes.com/BB/Condo-For-Rent/St-James/Sunset-Crest/Golden-View-Sunset-Crest-Holetown-St-James-Barbados/97764259.html

Wooden houses in the Caribbean are cheaper but they might not be around long. I had a look at moving there a few years ago but went cold on the idea after seeing how divided it is (very poor and very rich, no inbetween).

19% of Barbadians are below the poverty line, whatever that is.

Paging Marcus Rashford ...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, longtomsilver said:

It gives us hope then ..  not sure I can pull pints remotely but I'll ask the question to my employer 😁

Poverty is relative - if you have food in your belly and sunshine then Barbados would be a better place to be poor than Whitmore Reans, Wolverhampton.

Can you have social security sent out asking for a friend

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, longtomsilver said:

It gives us hope then ..  not sure I can pull pints remotely but I'll ask the question to my employer 😁

Poverty is relative - if you have food in your belly and sunshine then Barbados would be a better place to be poor than Whitmore Reans, Wolverhampton.

I think itd be better to be poor in St James Barbados, than middle class in Whitmore Reans Wolverhampton, come to think of it anywhere in Wolverhampton xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...