DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

“Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”

11 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/8rvpt6bclh/wheelchair-warriors-disability-discrimination-act

14m?

Thats ~20% of UKPOP.

Who the fucks at work, paying for all the DLA???

This act has given what I call a 'crip-off' where more wheelchairs than wheelchair spaces try and get on the bus.

Found myself losing the will to live   o.O

6 minutes ago, dgul said:

I've got lots of sympathy for the disabled.  They don't want to be less able, and really would like to live a normal life.  I think it is reasonable that society works to help them become included.

But the 14 million?  That's clearly a nonsense.  It works out as

• 1 in 20 children
  • 1 in 6 adults
  • half of all pensioners.

I'd imagine that the figure is highly skewed by welfare and the crazy obesity epidemic in the west.

Exactly that.

Anyone who is genuinely disabled, in the sense that most would understand the term, should be provided with as much help as reasonably possible to live a normal life.

There is however absolutely no way that there are fourteen million such disabled people in this country.

It's a difficult one, I'm all for providing as much access as is reasonably possible, but I suspect there are millions of pounds spent each year providing disabled access that is never used.

In terms of the 14 million its just your standard "Cause Inflation", i.e. people with an agenda lumping all sorts in to try and make their plight sound worse than it is.

Figures for wheelchair users is 1.2 million, however only 2/3 of that are "regular users" and 60% of overall wheel chair users are over 60. I'd guestimate 200,000 of what you would classify as "proper" wheelchair users, i.e. people who don't and never had use of their legs.

13 minutes ago, gilf said:

It's a difficult one, I'm all for providing as much access as is reasonably possible, but I suspect there are millions of pounds spent each year providing disabled access that is never used.

In terms of the 14 million its just your standard "Cause Inflation", i.e. people with an agenda lumping all sorts in to try and make their plight sound worse than it is.

Figures for wheelchair users is 1.2 million, however only 2/3 of that are "regular users" and 60% of overall wheel chair users are over 60. I'd guestimate 200,000 of what you would classify as "proper" wheelchair users, i.e. people who don't and never had use of their legs.

I have a disabled Godson, he is exactly the type of case that a welfare safety net should exist for. 

His parents are both grafters. 

Surprising (or not) they get very little support - although to be fair school and medical treatment has been very good. Mainly as his mum can morph into something resembling Genghis Khan at a moment's notice, which she has had to do on numerous occasions.

Interestingly, I suspect he will do OK in adulthood anyway and actually become a contributor to society, even with his disabilty - I'm waiting to see what sort of man he becomes with interest.

1 hour ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I have a disabled Godson, he is exactly the type of case that a welfare safety net should exist for. 

His parents are both grafters. 

Surprising (or not) they get very little support - although to be fair school and medical treatment has been very good. Mainly as his mum can morph into something resembling Genghis Khan at a moment's notice, which she has had to do on numerous occasions.

Interestingly, I suspect he will do OK in adulthood anyway and actually become a contributor to society, even with his disabilty - I'm waiting to see what sort of man he becomes with interest.

I'm not surprised sadly.

I suppose my point was, how do we best get the help to people that need it, without wasting millions in the process, either on tokenism or those that maybe don't need it quite so much. I suspect it would be far better to give your Godson more help than building a ramp or lift nobody is going to be using.

With regard to your last point... I actually think most people who most of us here would consider "proper" disabled, are and pretty much have always been contributors to society in terms of jobs and paying tax. Of course very much depends on the disability. 

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/8rvpt6bclh/wheelchair-warriors-disability-discrimination-act

14m?

Thats ~20% of UKPOP.

Who the fucks at work, paying for all the DLA???

This act has given what I call a 'crip-off' where more wheelchairs than wheelchair spaces try and get on the bus.

14 million?  WTF?

Is being a bit colourblind now a disability? Can't see how there could be so many unless trivial things are added.

Or the magic tax-credit generator - Attention Deficit Disorder? (ie being thick and unruly often due to being fed shite and taught nothing by the parents) - does that count as a disability?

I wanted to be a fighter pilot waah waah waah I'm disabled?  (I did, actually, but I had to suck it up along with everyone else who doesn't get all they want, because I had shit colourblind eyes ) 

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Exactly that.

Anyone who is genuinely disabled, in the sense that most would understand the term, should be provided with as much help as reasonably possible to live a normal life.

There is however absolutely no way that there are fourteen million such disabled people in this country.

Are you sure? I'm sure there's at least 13.9m people with back pain and/or fibromyalgia. 

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Exactly that.

It’s an easy way of hiding mass unemployment of older people.  

30 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I wanted to be a fighter pilot waah waah waah I'm disabled?  (I did, actually, but I had to suck it up along with everyone else who doesn't get all they want, because I had shit colourblind eyes ) 

Snap.

I did all the evaluation tests and failed because my eyesight wasn't up to the standard; only by a few points but that was enough.  Meet the entrance bar or go home.

Them's the rules.  I knew that and when my eyesight disqualified me I accepted it.

People who are too tall or too short are also rejected.

There is no point in going "It's not fair!".  Going to uni was the fallback for me.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Snap.

I did all the evaluation tests and failed because my eyesight wasn't up to the standard; only by a few points but that was enough.  Meet the entrance bar or go home.

Them's the rules.  I knew that and when my eyesight disqualified me I accepted it.

People who are too tall or too short are also rejected.

There is no point in going "It's not fair!".  Going to uni was the fallback for me.

Believe it or not, I received letters from 3 organisations on my 16th birthday saying that I was ineligible to apply for employment at them due to my poor colour vision. There must have been a national database at the time. 

I'm sure I must be owed some money to compensate me for the trauma of being told (unsolicited) that I couldn't work for British Rail. 9_9

With all the money that goes to these fucking shysters, real disabled folk (be it temporary or permanent) lose out.

When I was 15 I had two ilazarov frames (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilizarov_apparatus) installed; one above and one below the knee, with them bolted together at the knee so my leg was straight out with this big fucking mechano set anchored the whole length of it.

When I had to go take a shit in the hospital after getting it installed, I had to balance my freshly operated (well, it was a week or two in at this point) leg bolted straight on a bin like this one; they didn't have any apparatus to rest one's leg on.

Hospital Waste Bin High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

A couple weeks in I was wheeled in front of some cunt in a suit; who greeted me with some generic pleasantries. I was later told I was being used to 'prove' to him that they needed funding for a wheelchair for me.

Twenty years on and there's kids having to go to Turkey for spinal surgery because the NHS hasn't got the resources to look after people who genuinely need help.

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Believe it or not, I received letters from 3 organisations on my 16th birthday saying that I was ineligible to apply for employment at them due to my poor colour vision. There must have been a national database at the time. 

I'm sure I must be owed some money to compensate me for the trauma of being told (unsolicited) that I couldn't work for British Rail. 9_9

Wow.

That is absolutely the first time that I have heard that.

What a boost that must have been.

The only similar, though more positive, communication I received was a hand -igned House of Commons card from my local MP on my eighteenth birthday.

Whilst obviously everyone turning eighteen and so on the elctoral register received such I thought it a nice touch and voted for him in the next election owing to the lack of a hard sell.

It was certainly nicer than "You can't work for us - booger off".

3 hours ago, dgul said:

I've got lots of sympathy for the disabled.  They don't want to be less able, and really would like to live a normal life.  I think it is reasonable that society works to help them become included.

But the 14 million?  That's clearly a nonsense.  It works out as

• 1 in 20 children
  • 1 in 6 adults
  • half of all pensioners.

I'd imagine that the figure is highly skewed by welfare and the crazy obesity epidemic in the west.

As usual the BBC finds the real disabled and ignores the 90% plus who are just playing the system and whose only ailments is being a lazy fat c***, I would be happy to double the money the real disabled get and whose  real enemies are the ones claiming  their money when they are OK.

I think my favourite welfare ponces out there right now are the walking stick army who walk around with walking sticks just in case they are being watched and where they use their sticks for everything except as an aid, and some even cannot be bothered to master a simple fake limp

47 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Noone work for British Rail. Or any of the money sink abortions created since 1994.

3 hours ago, haroldshand said:

I think my favourite welfare ponces out there right now are the walking stick army who walk around with walking sticks just in case they are being watched and where they use their sticks for everything except as an aid, and some even cannot be bothered to master a simple fake limp

To be fair 'Arold, plenty of those folk might be using a walking stick so that they have something to use as a weapon should it ever be needed...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

With all the money that goes to these fucking shysters, real disabled folk (be it temporary or permanent) lose out.

When I was 15 I had two ilazarov frames (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilizarov_apparatus) installed; one above and one below the knee, with them bolted together at the knee so my leg was straight out with this big fucking mechano set anchored the whole length of it.

When I had to go take a shit in the hospital after getting it installed, I had to balance my freshly operated (well, it was a week or two in at this point) leg bolted straight on a bin like this one; they didn't have any apparatus to rest one's leg on.

Hospital Waste Bin High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

A couple weeks in I was wheeled in front of some cunt in a suit; who greeted me with some generic pleasantries. I was later told I was being used to 'prove' to him that they needed funding for a wheelchair for me.

Twenty years on and there's kids having to go to Turkey for spinal surgery because the NHS hasn't got the resources to look after people who genuinely need help.

Mrs spy, please could you write a letter telling them that Chesnay has the most terriblest autism. Ee wets imself each time I turn on the Hoover. It's a must terrible affliction in me family, shaznay, Jose, Gorgon n me littlesy, Tyson, all suffer terribly. The few pounds on me benefit will make the most at difference as wot I'll be able to buy ome  cooked organic vegitible everyday... which is wot I fed them nos but it is most the orribly expensive fing.

Every fucking year. Always some fat arsed bint who never reads with her kids, spends all her time on a mobile. And inbreeding.

Always the sound - e claps is and over is ear in terror at the oover, Mrs spy. It's most terrible.

Oh Tyson/Chesnay, can you help me Hoover the biscuits crumbs up?

Yeah. This is ace. I wish my mum let me use the Hoover at home. She never hovers....

There are some kids who exhibit autistic traits. Unless they have feckless mums, they just carry on, being a but wierd n get on with school life.

My sister's (now departed) old man used to be on the disability. He was an absolute mountain of a bloke. Not fat, just built like a brick shithouse. 6ft6 and broad. Could pick up two full pints from the top wth one hand. Because of his size he always did security type work. Anyway, being that big did for his knees in the end. Had to have artificial ones fitted which never quite went right. But the funny bit was they gave him one of those mobility scooters to get around. He looked utterly ridiculous on it. But I think he loved the attention, daft sod.

He couldn't drive but my sister could. So they gave her a brand new car to get around. The last one I knew about was a Zafira. Never looked after it - why would she? she never worked for it. So the lease was up on it and it was due to be replaced. I think she knew she was going to get into trouble over the state of it so one night, took the dog for a walk down the beach, came back and someone had torched it.

Cos that happens all the time. People randomly torching cars.

That was maybe five years or more back. About the time I stopped talking to her. I can't handle it.

I was trying to find a piccy of a swarm of mobility scooters.

Not the nice old people from the ads. The fat, smoking ugly lazy cunts you see everyday.

Found this, which is funnier

3944396.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

WendyWoo631st July 2015 09:05 am

User ID: 314353
 -15Sorry but this group ot boys using scooters when they dont need them show me what they think off the elderly or disabled who really need them to make there life easier .a mobilty scooter is not a toy or novelty.

Resident201st July 2015 12:28 pm

User ID: 400208
 -14I agree I find it offensive to disabled people.

jgcolgan2nd July 2015 12:09 pm

User ID: 926925
 -7Disgusting that these fit young lads chose to play their prom prank by the ILLEGAL use of Mobility Scooters by persons that are NOT DISABLED!!
6. Use by non-disabled people
If you are aren’t disabled, you can only drive a mobility scooter or powered wheelchair if you’re:

demonstrating the vehicle before it’s sold
training a disabled user
taking the vehicle to or from maintenance or repair

Any other use is ILLEGAL and I hope they get a warning from police for their insulting, ILLEGAL use on public highway!!

jgcolgan2nd July 2015 12:11 pm

User ID: 926925
 -11As for the people who vote 👎 thumbs down on these comments from Disabled, you are showing that you are as stupid and immature as these parts in the picture!!

kellprice53rd July 2015 12:05 pm

User ID: 1167845
 -3As a disabled person I have to say that I am shocked that their parents actually came up with the idea ....... Being unable to walk is definitely no laughing matter.... I would like to know where they got them from! I can't afford to buy myself 1 so it would be interesting to find out whether their parents actually went out and bought them for such an insulting gimmick.

carlchrystan3rd July 2015 05:24 pm

User ID: 3987
 9It all first suggested to me that the only ones they were having a dig at were the self-important tools (it's usually the parents) who arrange ridiculously expensive vehicles (limo, Humvee, helicopter, etc) for proms, so they rented mobility scooters. instead Didn't think this was a dig at people with disabilities (which I prefer to use other than the term 'disabled people' - we're not solely defined by what we are!) Perhaps these lads have friends and relatives with disabilities. So, if they went in prams or pushchairs would that be an insult to teenage mothers, if they went in very cheap cars would they be laughing at the millions of people currently in poverty, or if they went in rickshaws would they be seen as racist?

Last Updated: 29th September 2015 02:46 pm

kellprice54th July 2015 06:05 pm

User ID: 1167845
 -2Tbh I don't see why these days they have to turn up in anything other than their parents car dropping them off just as we all did...... It seems that these days there's always competing.... Who has the best phone, who has the best trainers, I had a kid come round for tea a few yrs ago and the first thing he said was "where's the rest of the house!!!?" This kid was about 8yrs old at the time.... Things these days are far too materialistic.

Gemm476th July 2015 08:58 pm

User ID: 1170460
 2Fantastic idea, showed my wife and she laughed as well, very original and better than seeing endless lines of pink and black stretch limo's. We have a teenage daughter that has, and will never walk, and do not find this offensive at all, well done for promoting the use of mobility scooters, I just wish I could persuade my elderly mother to try one.

buckfeed178th July 2015 04:44 pm

User ID: 221857
 2I can't believe i have just read the above statements from no doubt the dullest most boring people in Bury. Have you forgotten what it's like to be young and to have a laugh? Carl makes some interesting points there and hat off to Gemm47 for her positive comments. I found it funny and as above, it makes a change to all the kids turning up in limos. Well done lads and ignore the politically correct crew, people will always criticize before they praise.

Connected issue

'Inhuman' use of restraint on disabled adults

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54848098

Every 15 minutes, on average, a patient with learning disabilities was restrained in hospital last year, new BBC File on 4 analysis shows.

In 2019, restraint was used just over 38,000 times in England. In 2017, there were 22,000 reports of restraint.

Harriet Harman, chairwoman of the House of Commons joint select committee on human rights, said this suggested "inhuman and degrading" treatment.

The Department of Health said restraint "should only be used as a last resort".

Well ... they are not being restrained for the fun of it.

They are normally acting in a way to be a danger to themselves andor others.

Whos needs/rights trumps the other?

Should a violent loon ben restrained. Or are the BBC OK with the low paid orderly, normally a bloke, being battered?

Ms Harman said the treatment "was basically a human rights abuse".

"People are not supposed to be subjected to inhuman and degrading treatment - and routine solitary confinement and physical restraint is exactly that," she said.

"We clearly don't even know the half of it, since many providers of these institutions don't give the information that they should about what's going on."

What protocol does Harperson think they need?

These young adults have been moved to these facilities as there parents basically cannot cope wi their behaviour.

Should a low paid orderly face daily batterings and biting as the patients human rights trump their own?

Should the violenty behaved patient not face the court for assault? Should they be sued for a violnent assault.

Harperson would be all over this If this was a bloke battering a women in the street 

Yet an patient battering an orderly is OK?

What does she suggest? Some sort of zoo?