DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Redundancy due to Covid - what would you do?

If you lost your job, what would you do?

Some people would jump at the chance and volunteer for redundancy and see it as a life changing opportunity.

For others, it would be a very difficult time until they go back on their feet again.

In what may be a difficult time ahead for many people, I have also started a thread "How to sign on", and some people have kindly shown how to get help if needed.

Ideally I’d take a career break for a couple years.. buy a second hand sail boat,  do her up a bit and sail around the world.

The sad reality is that I have a wife and kids who expect food on the table.. and associated bills to be paid..   so I’d be out looking for another job pronto.   Maybe change career and get trained up in implementing a modern IT solution like SalesForce or SAP or something and get paid silly money to listen to senior managers bicker between themselves about all the non-standard tailoring they wanted..  smug in the knowledge that the end “solution” would be crap and buggy with employees cursing me for years after I’d left and moved onto my next “project”.

Sorry..  got carried away..  what was the question again? :D

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team."

In normal times get another .ive normaly got plan b and sometimes c lined up.even when working .ive known the x was not well for at least 2 years so got my morgage cleared then replaced the doors boiler and windows then decorated .every month was a bonus .lets pretend she gets the kids back  {she won’t for at least 2 years }I switch to her carer and get a lodger I can also earn 120 a week I could live off that income.ie 1 shift a week.its about haveing options ok it would be a low income life but I don’t need a huge income.i could even go university for shits a giggles

I'd love to get to a few years before I could retire, then sign up for a 3 year University Politics degree and spend the entire time proving the lecturers wrong and bringing fact and logic into the left-wing biased place

At the same time i'd also be pulling down as much from the student loans company as possible and claiming for everything... then once the course was done - hey ho, i'll retire

I might also start the a new politics group on campus called "It's ok to be Right" and sign up anyone against the marxist agenda... bonus points for gay or black members too - just make the left's heads explode!

10 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

I'd love to get to a few years before I could retire, then sign up for a 3 year University Politics degree and spend the entire time proving the lecturers wrong and bringing fact and logic into the left-wing biased place

At the same time i'd also be pulling down as much from the student loans company as possible and claiming for everything... then once the course was done - hey ho, i'll retire

I might also start the a new politics group on campus called "It's ok to be Right" and sign up anyone against the marxist agenda... bonus points for gay or black members too - just make the left's heads explode!

If you ever get around to doing that, message me if you want a running mate!