• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
yfwr jin

Spiders aaaahhhh

Has anyone else had the winter influx of house spiders start? I have had some real monsters crawl in, I just carried one up to my bedroom in a pile of laundry and had to chase it round my bed, it actually got under my quilt :CryBaby: I don't like killing them but climbing into my bed was a step too far, it's very dead now! Isn't it a bit early for them to be making their way in?

2 minutes ago, yfwr jin said:

Has anyone else had the winter influx of house spiders start? I have had some real monsters crawl in, I just carried one up to my bedroom in a pile of laundry and had to chase it round my bed, it actually got under my quilt :CryBaby: I don't like killing them but climbing into my bed was a step too far, it's very dead now! Isn't it a bit early for them to be making their way in?

You killed it ? :PissedOff:

Just now, NTB said:

Yes, I noticed thare are a lot around and it seems early in the season. Wonder what they know that we don't.

They know what flies taste like. So do the Thai people.

18 minutes ago, NTB said:

Yes, I noticed thare are a lot around and it seems early in the season. Wonder what they know that we don't.

I think they're earlier and it probably means they think it's going to be too wet and cold outside for them. It's predicted to be 6'C tonight. That's not very warm at all! 

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

I think they're earlier and it probably means they think it's going to be too wet and cold outside for them. It's predicted to be 6'C tonight. That's not very warm at all! 

Yes, that's sort of what I was thinking. Perhaps another snowmageddon winter to come?

We have not had a spider or fly that lasts very long since we got the cat three years ago.

I've seen one spider in that time, and that was a dead one captured under her right paw...!

She tires flies out before pouncing - and she is lightning-fast.

They all end up dead.

I love cats me...

XYY

When I did my apprenticeship back in the 1980s the industrial site had a series of Laboratories.

One of these had the Sodium Rig in it that circulated liquid sodium metal around a network of pipes 24 hrs a day 365 days a year. Needless to say it was warm in there and the spiders loved it. You were always 'jokingly' told to watch out for the sodium spiders so I always kept an eye out for them.

Anyway these things were elusive but a couple of days before I finished there I did indeed spot on which was 4 inches across (including its legs) i.e. the size of your hand.

p.s. it could run fast, very fast.

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I never kill them, I like them because they eat the moths.

I like moths. Only the big ones though. There are so many sorts.

Yes, I've had to catch about half a dozen in the last week or so. Seems earlier than their assault last year.

Don't kill them though, get one of these

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/20455/Spider-Catcher-Vacuum-Insect-Catcher

if they freak you out and you don't want to get close to them. Works on all beasties, 9V battery power!

This is what they look like:

lakeland-spider-catcher.jpg

Edited by Carl Fimble
might have been an idea to add the link, fucking idiot... Then adding the photo

1 hour ago, Malthus said:

Girlfriend has spider phobia and has been freaking out recently 

I've had to go with chemical warfare 

IMG_3778.PNG

See those insects on the label?  Spiders eat them.

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Foreign people at all sorts of strange things, like insects on sticks, frogs, and horses.:o

Aye - like fucking donkeys, running down tourists, cutting off vagina bits, fingering & fucking young girls, knifing random people, you get the fucking picture.. 

2 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Yes, I've had to catch about half a dozen in the last week or so. Seems earlier than their assault last year.

if they freak you out and you don't want to get close to them. Works on all beasties, 9V battery power!

"Vacuum spider catcher"?

Yeah, right. Sure it is!

My flat is full of spiders. Has been for the past 2 years. They especially like the recess bit above the stairs that I can't even reach with the vacuum cleaner handle!

My house is an old one, so I am used to the big ones coming in and I don't usually kill them, at worst if no one is around I will put a glass over them and wait until someone else gets home, but when they're getting in my bed I draw the line, there wasn't even a formal introduction, just straight in there, that's just plain rude.

4 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

We've got one of these. Sometimes you get a real hard bastard though, who won't be sucked up for love nor money.