DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Banks set to repossess

sarahbell

5 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

The worst part about this is that it will increase our under occupancy rate. We have too many properties that nobody lives in. A lot of landlords will switch from long term residential lets to holiday lets. More houses empty for a lot more nights each year, out of season. Less residential lets available for long term tenants.

Mix in more financial desperation, and an increasingly broken social contract through multiculturalism and over population.

I predict a rise in squatting.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/01/2021 at 21:34, wherebee said:

Mix in more financial desperation, and an increasingly broken social contract through multiculturalism and over population.

I predict a rise in squatting.

Squatting in residential property is now illegal.

3 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Squatting in residential property is now illegal.

I think its now a crime.

Before it was a civil matter.

Associating with a few stinky London squatters of the early 90s, musy avoided resi property.

Many reasons.

One, people have a personal attachment so are more likely to gang up with mates and kick the shit.

Two, ideology.   ost were sticking it to the man, not the little old lady.

Three, company stuff can be tuck for years as the ownership and who owes what is sorted out esp. During recessions.

5 hours ago, spygirl said:

I think its now a crime.

Associating with a few stinky London squatters of the early 90s, musy avoided resi property.

Many reasons.

One, people have a personal attachment so are more likely to gang up with mates and kick the shit.

Three, company stuff can be tuck for years as the ownership and who owes what is sorted out esp. During recessions.

I recall it got to the point where people went on a two week holiday and got home to find they had squatters that took months to evict.

To be fair that should never have been allowed to happen. Properties left empty for 6+ months are a different matter.

3 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I recall it got to the point where people went on a two week holiday and got home to find they had squatters that took months to evict.

To be fair that should never have been allowed to happen. Properties left empty for 6+ months are a different matter.

Iirc a lot of that was EE builders.

Squatting wasnt a crime.

Breaking n entering was.

If you are the registered owner, living in the house, acknowledged by neighbours, ctax and haven't invited the people squatting to stay etc then the police would arrest people in the house for BnE.

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Iirc a lot of that was EE builders.

Squatting wasnt a crime.

Breaking n entering was.

If you are the registered owner, living in the house, acknowledged by neighbours, ctax and haven't invited the people squatting to stay etc then the police would arrest people in the house for BnE.

They just had to say a window was left open and they were untouchable.

10 hours ago, spygirl said:

I think its now a crime.

Many reasons.

Question for you:

If there is a south-eastern retail landlord owner of a property in the north, in an enriched area, do you really think that the chance of illegal occupation has gone UP or DOWN given the changes to demographics, economics, and law enforcement?

If you are a retail landlord owner of a property in a run down seaside town, full of EE'ers, do you really think that the chance of illegal occupation has gone UP or DOWN?

My point is that as the social contract breaks down more and more in the UK, the risk of any underoccupied property being exploited rises faster and faster.

8 hours ago, wherebee said:

Question for you:

If there is a south-eastern retail landlord owner of a property in the north, in an enriched area, do you really think that the chance of illegal occupation has gone UP or DOWN given the changes to demographics, economics, and law enforcement?

If you are a retail landlord owner of a property in a run down seaside town, full of EE'ers, do you really think that the chance of illegal occupation has gone UP or DOWN?

My point is that as the social contract breaks down more and more in the UK, the risk of any underoccupied property being exploited rises faster and faster.

When you say retail, do you mean commercial, liek a shop?

Or do you mean resi LL?

Few rental properties are squatted. What tends to happen is that one month rent + deposit is paid, then nothing.

This isnt squatting, this is not paying rent.

This is chronic in the North where the LL is far far away.

Its also why you see properdies that have obviously been bought by a LL being sold for hefty losses ~10 years later.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

When you say retail, do you mean commercial, liek a shop?

Or do you mean resi LL?

Few rental properties are squatted. What tends to happen is that one month rent + deposit is paid, then nothing.

This isnt squatting, this is not paying rent.

This is chronic in the North where the LL is far far away.

Its also why you see properdies that have obviously been bought by a LL being sold for hefty losses ~10 years later.

I mean the retail (small, non commercial) landlord.  And by squatting I mean - someone living in it who pays no rent for years and years.

6 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I mean the retail (small, non commercial) landlord.  And by squatting I mean - someone living in it who pays no rent for years and years.

Squatting is not  defaulting on the rent.

Tenants defaulting after 1 or 2 months rent is chronic in NE.

What going to happen to them? You cant sue someone without money.

or who's previous address is Piotr, Gdansk.

Non payment of rent is a civil matter.

You can try call the police in. All they need to do is wave a lefit cobntrat and say they are in arental dispute.

Police will go.

On 11/11/2020 at 22:27, Chewing Grass said:

private rented slums where the decent landlords were forced out of business and local authorities couldn't afford to maintain the housing stock they had from the rent they could charge

The Riches model to privatise anything..

1) underfund

2) tell public only private money can help

3) privatise, then subsidise the fuck out of it.. 

Look at tax relief for landlords..

Councils paying £1400 a month to landlords for a house they used to own.. 

No fucking way is it cheaper for private landlords to house people on bennies.. 

Once a house is built its cheap to maintain it, than it is to pay private landlords by 1000% 

Otherwise there would not be private landlords.. They are not in it to help people 

only to help themselves.. fuck the slaves who pay the mortgages.. 

People farming.. 

Archived