DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Examples of the removal of our rights, freedom and autonomy from the state

15 minutes ago, One percent said:

I could have started this thread in the covid sub forum but feel examples and ramifications are much wider, with things enacted under covid being just one example.  

rhttps://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/973/made?view=plainead it and weep. They can take and store your dna and fingerprints, just coz, National security.  O.o

Might make it easier To identify people who for no known reason explode on buses trains and crowed areas.its well known the system would like everyone’s dna.on the other hand it could easily be used to house arrest people.

The problem is we live in a "I don't like that,  I think it should be banned" culture.

And most people seem to want everything banned and the state to take control/responsibility of their lives.

It's not an issue with the erosion of our rights,  it's an erosion of our tolerance of other people and lack of personal responsibility. 

You get what you vote for..   and as a nation of soft cry babies we get what we deserve  :Passusabeer:

50 minutes ago, One percent said:

They can take and store your dna and fingerprints, just coz, National security.  O.o

Do you believe that they wouldn't have done so to a few individuals at any time they liked without this legislation...?

The only logical reason for it is so that they can do it on a much larger scale...

XYY

12 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Do you believe that they wouldn't have done so to a few individuals at any time they liked without this legislation...?

The only logical reason for it is so that they can do it on a much larger scale...

XYY

No. Under current rules, they are not allowed to unless certain conditions are met. This appears to sweep all that away 

Just now, One percent said:

No. Under current rules, they are not allowed to unless certain conditions are met. This appears to sweep all that away 

I know they supposedly can't under current rules, but my question was do you believe that would stop them...?

I don't. 

To me, the new legislation just keeps a shit-load of human-rights lawyers off their back when they start doing it to lots of people instead of just a few...

XYY