DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Good Riddance to Bad Gammon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and Lady M were discussing this earlier, if it’s the story I think it is. A text book example of changing the words which are verboten over time and then Professionally Taking Offence when someone

Anton Ferdinand, former West Ham, Sunderland and QPR defender: "Clearly education is needed at all levels... I mean being called 'coloured' by that gammon-faced, honkey, cracker is the last straw. Now

I definitely remember being a kid and the term "coloured” was meant to be politically correct etc.  I think "black" at this time was verboten? Maybe I'm mistaken.  No doubt in a few years it will

8 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Me and Lady M were discussing this earlier, if it’s the story I think it is. A text book example of changing the words which are verboten over time and then Professionally Taking Offence when someone uses one of the words which were once the PC term and have now randomly been deemed unPC.

It all about power, the power to decide who to ruin today, the power to have people cower before your childish tantrums.

How can he not know the rules of the game? He is so out of touch you have to wonder how he lasted so long. In his job he should know all that.

It is like complaining because the offside rule has changed. If you don't know the rules of PC language and offence have changed by this point you are wilfully ignorant of them. If you disagree that is fine but you're daft if you fight them. Only fight battles you can win.

17 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

How can he not know the rules of the game? He is so out of touch you have to wonder how he lasted so long. In his job he should know all that.

It is like complaining because the offside rule has changed. If you don't know the rules of PC language and offence have changed by this point you are wilfully ignorant of them. If you disagree that is fine but you're daft if you fight them. Only fight battles you can win.

Your point is quite good, and difficult to argue with in many ways.

But for us Neanderthals, what is so offensive about the term "coloured" that he used...?

I'm a shade of pink with some spotty bits, but I don't spit my dummy out because some fucker calls me "white"...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
apostrophe error
3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

But for us Neanderthal's, what is so offensive about the term "coloured" that he used...?

I'm a shade of pink with some spotty bits, but I don't spit my dummy out because some fucker calls me "white"...

XYY

He is doing a political job. He was also going into the Lion's Den. Not the one down at Millwall either, where no-one would give a fuck. If he had said that stuff down the pub and got sacked I'd have sympathy. The department of media, culture and sport carrying out an enquiry into racist trolls is not the time to get your language wrong. You would be asking for a beating as surely as going into the Bongo club in Middlesbrough and calling everyone a fucking poof. He should have been prepared. He was paid enough to do so.

7 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

He is doing a political job. He was also going into the Lion's Den. Not the one down at Millwall either, where no-one would give a fuck. If he had said that stuff down the pub and got sacked I'd have sympathy. The department of media, culture and sport carrying out an enquiry into racist trolls is not the time to get your language wrong. You would be asking for a beating as surely as going into the Bongo club in Middlesbrough and calling everyone a fucking poof. He should have been prepared. He was paid enough to do so.

Again, I understand your points. But I still don't get it.

No broken bones. No property stolen. I don't understand the "crime", and I don't think that I ever will...

XYY

9 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Anton Ferdinand, former West Ham, Sunderland and QPR defender: "Clearly education is needed at all levels... I mean being called 'coloured' by that gammon-faced, honkey, cracker is the last straw. Now I'm off to fuck up one of a hundred managerial positions that have been left open to me and the umtupti tribe newly arrived at Dover.... How do you turn this computer on? ....Sanjay!!!"

Not quite sure I know what a gammon-faced, honkey, cracker actually is.

To me, Robbie Coltrane always had more of a pale-blue/light-grey pallor...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Again, I understand your points. But I still don't get it.

No broken bones. No property stolen. I don't understand the "crime", and I don't think that I ever will...

XYY

Fair enough. You don't have to worry about it. I don't think a crime has been committed. He ain't going to prison. Should he be sacked? It was inevitable and that is a different thing to being right. I'm not making a moral judgement. I'm just saying that I know that he'd get fucked for saying what he said. He should have known too. If he had prepared he could have answered the questions without problem.

3 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

I definitely remember being a kid and the term "coloured” was meant to be politically correct etc.  I think "black" at this time was verboten?

Maybe I'm mistaken.  No doubt in a few years it will change again.

Not sure there is a dummies book out for political correctness but if there was would need constant updating

Yes, black was an insult and 'coloured' considered PC.

This story belongs in Viz

4 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

I definitely remember being a kid and the term "coloured” was meant to be politically correct etc.  I think "black" at this time was verboten?

Maybe I'm mistaken.  No doubt in a few years it will change again.

Not sure there is a dummies book out for political correctness but if there was would need constant updating

My dad still uses it.

58 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

But for us Neanderthals, what is so offensive about the term "coloured" that he used...?

XYY

I think I saw them on your aschen.

Pronounced kaffa in sa.

I went to an underground car park in sa and to get a ticket at the entrance you have to wind the window down and push the button like you do in UK. Only in sa they have a kaffa that stands by the machine who pushes the button and hands it to you through your open window. My cousin remarked that the ticket dispenser  probably had more intelligence than the kaffa. :D