• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JoeDavola

Fuckin' Weather

3 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Why are feet disgusting? To me they are, at least. Even most pretty ladies have horrible feet.

Your feet are nearly as disgusting as mine. Not as big though, I am Sasquatch in human form.

I know. And to think some people have foot festishes. Odd. 

My wife is disgusted every time she sees my naked feet. The odd shaped toes, the chemically removed toenail on one foot. The veins, the hairs. 

You should see my old todger. Even worse. 

I don't find feet disgusting, but I don't find them arousing either! They are just another part of the body! :o

That Morrisons looks very empty, the local one near me is always heaving. I was warned off going there when the migrants (fresh from picking apples) turn up in their hundreds at lunch time. It is a sight to behold.

I didn't know there were so many LDV vans knocking about.

52 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I don't find feet disgusting, but I don't find them arousing either! They are just another part of the body! :o

That Morrisons looks very empty, the local one near me is always heaving. I was warned off going there when the migrants (fresh from picking apples) turn up in their hundreds at lunch time. It is a sight to behold.

I didn't know there were so many LDV vans knocking about.

Pretty hard working city is Burton. Not much in the way of gimmegrants. Lots of early 2000's Polish and they're pretty hard working in semi-skilled jobs. The home of brewing an all so we actually produce something here. 

3 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Self employed in an indoor, non-manual job?

I lack the originality, the creativity and, most importantly, the balls.

To be honest, I have found a happy middle road and I will follow it for as long as it may be sustainable. After that...

3 hours ago, Thombleached said:

I tell what wasn't nice. About 30 minute before that I was at the end of a 6 mile run in all that rain. 

Just yards from my car I slipped and my foot went sideways. 

Swellings gone down a bit but still hurts a lot today

Right foot:

Run across rough ground to strengthen your ankles, can't remember the last time I turned an ankle

5 minutes ago, Panther said:

Run across rough ground to strengthen your ankles, can't remember the last time I turned an ankle

Wouldn't running across rough ground with weak ankles cause sprains?  Would think you would have to work up to that slowly. 

Just now, JackieO said:

lol :D

A woman with a sword and a muff, is always welcome in my fantasy world, of the 1970s.

I'm not hairy myself. Some blokes are and women, well they vary.

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

Wouldn't running across rough ground with weak ankles cause sprains?  Would think you would have to work up to that slowly. 

A few here and there to begin with but uneven ground is what ankles were made for, not slapping down flat in exactly the same way every stride

Edited by Panther

3 minutes ago, Panther said:

A few here and there to begin with but uneven ground is what ankles were made for, not slapping down flat in exactly the same way every stride

Cheers. I'm asking as I broke my ankle a year or two back and it still isn't fully recovered. I found the physio department of the NHS to be spectacularly lacking.  So, if you have any good strengthening exercises, it would be greatly appreciated. 

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

Cheers. I'm asking as I broke my ankle a year or two back and it still isn't fully recovered. I found the physio department of the NHS to be spectacularly lacking.  So, if you have any good strengthening exercises, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Haha, I broke my wrist several months ago (out foreign) and the NHS follow-up was just make-work (useless x ray through cast as couldn't read original x-ray on disc, two appointments, etc) with zero physio offered. Nothing specific for ankles I'm afraid but I found it best to recover mobility before strength on my wrist, keep manipulating (gently but persistently) to the limit as the bone swelling goes down. For strength I think you need to push things once it doesn't hurt too much, don't be put off by odd crunching noises, things need to be fettled in at some point

Edited by Panther

Just now, Panther said:

Haha, I broke my wrist several months ago (out foreign) and the NHS follow-up was just make-work (useless x ray through cast as couldn't read original x-ray on disc, two appointments, etc) with zero physio offered. Nothing specific for ankles I'm afraid but I found it best to recover mobility before strength on my wrist, keep manipulating (gently but persistently) as the bone swelling goes down

It's crap.  Someone I know broke her ankle a year ago. Badly so that it needed a plate. A year, yes a year, later she is still in a wheelchair as it has not healed. Meanwhile the so-called experts are scratching their heads saying manyana, manyana.

mine is 90 percent but I know it's not quite right and people comment on my limp. o.O

1 minute ago, Panther said:

If the limp is because it hurts rather than the geometry being off then you need to use it normally even though it hurts

I found unconsciously that my foot was beginning to turn out. Damaged ligaments I guess. So now I'm making a conscious effort to walk with a straight foot.  Yes, it hurts but is improving daily.   

So guess it might be both geometry and pain. 

If the bones are not displaced and no plates or screws then you just need to use it, ligaments are fairly slow to heal I think so just keep letting them know what you expect from them, it is good to hurt a little sometimes